2 WR's early in the draft

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
If the Seahawks can get some needs addressed in Free Agency (not suggesting first batch of high priced guys... but, maybe if they can land some guys like Louis Vasquez on the OL and Glenn Dorsey on the DL. Brian Hartline might be my favorite FA WR available)... I think the Hawks really need to address the WR position - even getting 2 top WR's available. Here's why. I love Rice, Tate and Baldwin. But, I'm not so sure about the rest of the WR corps. If any one of those guys should miss any time, who are the Hawks counting on at that point? Plus, how can a team have Russell Wilson at QB and not have a full stable of talent at WR? Elite QB's are not exactly common. To have one and to not give him the very best possible receiving corps the team can assemble would be a waste. Again, I'm not mocking any of the great players we have. Zach Miller, included. I like McCoy and even optimistic about certain other players currently on the roster to see if they can show they belong (Bates, Williams, Helfet) Just that since the QB is in place... it would be a shame to not try to put even more talent around him.

I'd like to see at least one of the following (and just listing players I think could be available when the Hawks pick): Hopkins, Austin, Wheaton or Woods. (Robert Woods is impressive.) Any in this bunch would be amazing. Any 2 might be a dream, but if the draft fell that way and was possible... I'd be absolutely elated. Tavon Austin may be the only 1st round player in this list with the other 3 being high 2nd rounders (Mayock is projecting Hopkins as a 2nd rounder). Austin + any of those. Or, any combo of the other 3... the team would be set at WR. If that falls through, another WR by round 3 or 4. Maybe Patton, Bailey, Swope type guys.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I agree does not make sense to draft one early Receivers are deep. They take a while to develop 2-3 years much if the time. In this draft I could see them come out with 3-4 DE or DT however.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":34coe5es said:
Depth at every position is valuable. And yeah, we need an upgrade at WR.

But drafting two WR's "early"? No. We have bigger needs elsewhere.
I don't think the Seahawks merely need added depth. They need upgrade of talent at that depth as you have said. Too, I'm not oblivious to the perceived "needs" at other positions. I understand like most in here that it would be great to add some players at other positions on the DL, OL, LB. I just said that "if" some of those can be addressed prior to the draft... my point is that it would be wise to upgrade the talent of the entire receiving corps fittingly for the elite QB the Seahawks already possess. Perhaps you misunderstood the point or I wasn't clear enough. If that truly is something good teams do to build upon strengths (not just trying to fix the perceived weakest areas - which causes teams to make mistakes with personnel decisions), the Seahawks should take upgrading the WR position seriously... and my contention is that 2 more good players that RW can count on are needed there... not just one - for said reasons. It would be great to pickup someone like Brian Hartline ahead of the draft. Perhaps it's a deep draft at the WR position... but, that doesn't guarantee that the same talent is there in round 3, 4, 5 and so on. My point is that it would be worthwhile to spend higher draft choices on that skilled position and let them compete to raise the overall talent level of the starters - however that might shake out - to truly make that upgrade happen for the guy we're all so grateful is in place to lead the team. He needs and deserves more of the very best weapons that can be had.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
i can see them drafting a WR in the 2nd and the 4th, with the first pick being a DT and a 3rd round WLB. But noone knows anything intill FA is over.