gauntlet question

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
gauntlet question
Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:54 am
  • After watching the gauntlet a little I am surprised how many of the receivers let the ball come all the way to their body or just look plain awkward catching the ball. There were some guys who looked really good though and catch the ball with their hands. Vernon, Woods, Wilson and Wheaton all look like actual receivers and not just big and fast athletes.

What are scouts looking for in this drill? Do they really care that much if you catch the ball or more that you look like a natural pass catcher?
    polarbill1999
    NET Starter

Re: gauntlet question
Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 am
  • I thought you meant the video game. I was so badass at that. Now that I've read your post, I got nothing. Thanks a lot. BAIT AND SWITCH!!!
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Re: gauntlet question
Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:18 am
  • polarbill1999 wrote:After watching the gauntlet a little I am surprised how many of the receivers let the ball come all the way to their body or just look plain awkward catching the ball. There were some guys who looked really good though and catch the ball with their hands. Vernon, Woods, Wilson and Wheaton all look like actual receivers and not just big and fast athletes.

What are scouts looking for in this drill? Do they really care that much if you catch the ball or more that you look like a natural pass catcher?

It's designed to evaluate hand-eye coordination. There's no real practical application for it. But yes, they are looking for the natural hands catchers.

Most of them have probably never done a drill like that, they are used to just catching a single pass, securing it and moving upfield.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information