How tall is the average Seahawk? .Netter?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • 6' 1" and around 260. And I mean a round 260. Gotta get back on the bike.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• 6' 2"

Always wanted to be 6'4" so I could dunk a basketball, but wasn't granted those last two inches. I'll be grabbing rim for the rest of my life.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• After this years playoffs I would wager that the average .netter can't see over the steering wheel without a box to sit on.

And wasn't or just barely old enough to have a drivers license.

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:After this years playoffs I would wager that the average .netter can't see over the steering wheel without a box to sit on.

And wasn't or just barely old enough to have a drivers license.

:141847_bnono:

And half of them post in the Shack! :141847_bnono:
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

• Snohomie wrote:
    pehawk wrote:
    Snohomie wrote:Wilson's height down to the 5/8ths of an inch... and still 20lbs lighter than pehawk, nevermind Wilson.

Not sure if bragging? My shirts are large in the arms...no flab son...hard time at home and a bowflex.

Not at all. Just bemoaning my inability to add (good) weight despite frequent lifting.

Same deal, here, Kyle... 'til I hit about 35, that is.

Then I put on some weight in glorious beer + crappy knee laziness fatness.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• seahawk2k wrote:6' 2"

Always wanted to be 6'4" so I could dunk a basketball, but wasn't granted those last two inches. I'll be grabbing rim for the rest of my life.

You don't understand aging. ;)
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

• I bet after 30 answers it's about the same as the natl avg. (which I have no idea what it is)
    i'm 5'11" and 3/16..haha

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• 6' 6 1/2", 255 lbs. and about 10-15 of those pounds went on when I quit smoking 6 1/2 years ago and have never come back off. Worth it though.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• 5'11 and 5/7 I have always wanted to be 6'4" though
    On twitter @Blazenhawks

New Era of Seahawks football Starts Now!!!!
    Blazenhawks
    NET Starter

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:I'm also exactly Russell Wilson's height, but I weigh 137.

OK, I do have a bit of a freaky memory. Look, Montana has put on 13 lbs since this post.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    cdallan
    NET Veteran

• 6ft 1in.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Vetamur wrote:I'm 6ft even.

Vetamur wrote:6ft 1in.

:229031_confused2:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• 6'4"
    #NEXTMANUP
    #LEAVEMARSHAWNALONE
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Not confused. For years I thought I was 6ft even. Then fairly recent found Id been wrong when an employee of mine who was clearly shorter than me insisted he was 6ft. So next physical I had , I asked the doctor and he said 185cm..
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• That's cool, Veta. I found out like a year ago that I'm a little taller than I thought I was, too. It was just funny to see two different heights posted, know what I mean? :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Yep. I actually lost a drink out of it... Having bet the guy. I was like "there's now way I've gone 25 years of my life not knowing how tall I am".. In retrospect there were signs I just didn't put it together.
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Snohomie wrote:
    pehawk wrote:
    Snohomie wrote:Wilson's height down to the 5/8ths of an inch... and still 20lbs lighter than pehawk, nevermind Wilson.

Not sure if bragging? My shirts are large in the arms...no flab son...hard time at home and a bowflex.

Not at all. Just bemoaning my inability to add (good) weight despite frequent lifting.

Go with 1.5 grams of protein per lb. (IE if you're 200 lbs...go with 300 grams per day). Preferably egg whites (by the dozens) turkey breasts and fish along with your supplemental stuff. Spread this out over 6 meals. Pack a cooler.

Abs aside, work any particular body part just once per week, but with great intensity. Do a large pulling muscle group one day (IE your lats) then your legs the following day, then a small pushing group the next (triceps), etc.etc. Take a week off every 8 weeks.

The most necessary component that most overlook? Rest / quality sleep. Remember this mantra for size:
    Don't run if you can walk.
    Don't walk if you can stand.
    Don't stand if you can sit.
    Don't sit if you can lie down.
    If you can lie down, sleep.

There are many great routines. The above worked best for me (when adding size). Your body is genius and it's lazy. It will learn to cheat if you let it have a memory, so keep mixing it up / adding different techniques.

I'm 6' and my target weight is typically 225. I'm currently 210 and I'd guess around 10%.
    PM me if you ever need advice. I'd be happy to assist.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:I can do more push-ups or bench more than any of you. House arrest did wonders, ladies.

I would take you up on this challenge.

I'm between Roland and Vetamur.
    HansGruber "We can't beat the Cardinals and I think the cards are going to win it all this year."
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• austinslater25 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I can do more push-ups or bench more than any of you. House arrest did wonders, ladies.

I would take you up on this challenge.

I'm between Roland and Vetamur.

#gayjoke
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• cdallan wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:I'm also exactly Russell Wilson's height, but I weigh 137.

OK, I do have a bit of a freaky memory. Look, Montana has put on 13 lbs since this post.

Mountain Dew.

You and Scotte should get together and form a Montana Stalker club. Perhaps you should even just leave out the club.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Yeah?.......I'm 6'1" and here I am shaking the "too short" Russell Wilson's hand. Optical illusion?

Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I'm 6ft 195..Largent was RW in boots?
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• You guys even lift?
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• 6-6 270lbs. Nothing but gristle and fat..
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Veteran

• 6 ft. 1 in.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• 5'7" which is actually fairly tall for a girl.

Where were all you tall guys back when I was dating (and wearing high heels)? It seemed like there were nothing but hobbits running around back in the day. Or maybe a lot of exaggeration happens on the innerwebs nowadays... :P
    SnoCoHawk
    NET Rookie

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    cdallan wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:I'm also exactly Russell Wilson's height, but I weigh 137.

Mountain Dew.

You and Scotte should get together and form a Montana Stalker club. Perhaps you should even just leave out the club.

Don't get excited bawjaws. I just have a REALLY freaky memory. Plus, since I don't really see others as full people but instead as semi-fictional characters in the comedy/drama that is my life (working title "Living Life Next to the Fast Lane: Get Reasonable Gas Mileage or Die Tryin'") that's the one line description of your character. Montana - the very short, very skinny person who lives 50 miles outside West Bubblef***. Casting you is going to be hard - thinking we might get a girl to play you like we do in pantomimes.

cdallan
    NET Veteran

• I am so over Montana.

I stalk Pehawk now.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Largent80 wrote:Yeah?.......I'm 6'1" and here I am shaking the "too short" Russell Wilson's hand. Optical illusion?

Rob, on the other hand, has been easy to cast and we are excited to see what Sharon Gless will bring to the role.

cdallan
    NET Veteran

• 36, 24, 36 at 5' 3"
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• 5' 8.5" - 150

Short and thin, but I can still bench 250.

Seriously.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:36, 24, 36 at 5' 3"

Rowwwwwwwwr!
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:36, 24, 36 at 5' 3"
    have you got a motor in the back of your Honda?
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:36, 24, 36 at 5' 3"
    have you got a motor in the back of your Honda?

I wouldn't say I got junk in my trunk, but I definitely got some funk in my backseat. For reals tho.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• cdallan wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:

Rob, on the other hand, has been easy to cast and we are excited to see what Sharon Gless will bring to the role.

Perfect.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• HoustonHawk82 wrote:5' 8.5" - 150

Seriously.

Can I say that is quite impressive without sucking up to a mod?

I wouldn't say you're exactly short, bro and your weight is probably right where it should be as it is clearly muscle as you approach lifting twice your body weight. IF I can offer some advice, and I say this without knowing your age etc, forget lifting for (max) weight. If I may continue (I really only want to help..based on my experiences as a life-long lifter), and you likely know all this already but I wish someone would have reminded me more frequently, while you are obviously very strong, more than your muscles are being exposed to this heavy weight you're throwing around.

Even in very strict form, your tendons, ligaments, discs etc are getting hammered. When the break down begins, it is relentless and basically irreparable. I wish I could do it over again. I'd lift no more than my body weight and I'd just max out my reps. I was maxing out at 405 at 225 lbs (and doing 225 24 times at my best). so very similar to what you are doing now. What I have to show for that is 2 back surgeries and 2 neck surgeries and many others, some I can't even recall. Lifting is an addiction akin to gambling. One reason for the repeat surgeries. I'd be a week out from major surgery, wait for my wife to go shopping, then a friend would bring some dumbbells up from my gym and into my bedroom. I'd roll off the bed, onto the floor and start curling while lying flat on my back. I'd then hide the weights under the bed. ; ) Dumb. Addicted. But better now.

Go slow bro...with all the down time and associated lost gains, I learned the hard way... the tortoise really does win the race. I wish you well.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:36, 24, 36 at 5' 3"

Rowwwwwwwwr!

Settle down big chap. I think it's a dude - it wasn't specified.

cdallan
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:5' 8.5" - 150

Seriously.

Can I say that is quite impressive without sucking up to a mod?

I wouldn't say you're exactly short, bro and your weight is probably right where it should be as it is clearly muscle as you approach lifting twice your body weight. IF I can offer some advice, and I say this without knowing your age etc, forget lifting for (max) weight. If I may continue (I really only want to help..based on my experiences as a life-long lifter), and you likely know all this already but I wish someone would have reminded me more frequently, while you are obviously very strong, more than your muscles are being exposed to this heavy weight you're throwing around.

Even in very strict form, your tendons, ligaments, discs etc are getting hammered. When the break down begins, it is relentless and basically irreparable. I wish I could do it over again. I'd lift no more than my body weight and I'd just max out my reps. I was maxing out at 405 at 225 lbs (and doing 225 24 times at my best). so very similar to what you are doing now. What I have to show for that is 2 back surgeries and 2 neck surgeries and many others, some I can't even recall. Lifting is an addiction akin to gambling. One reason for the repeat surgeries. I'd be a week out from major surgery, wait for my wife to go shopping, then a friend would bring some dumbbells up from my gym and into my bedroom. I'd roll off the bed, onto the floor and start curling while lying flat on my back. I'd then hide the weights under the bed. ; ) Dumb. Addicted. But better now.

Go slow bro...with all the down time and associated lost gains, I learned the hard way... the tortoise really does win the race. I wish you well.

Quit sucking up to mods. I've always (wrongly) been secure with my mule and brains, so I never felt the urge to lift. But, when I was sentenced to the house arrest I did. I repped at 225lb's.

Pfft, mods....am I right guys?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Not everyone lifts because of insecurity. Just throwing that out there.
    HansGruber "We can't beat the Cardinals and I think the cards are going to win it all this year."
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• austinslater25 wrote:Not everyone lifts because of insecurity. Just throwing that out there.

You're right, women do not. Good catch.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• In my 30's I maxed at 260, IIRC, but I never considered myself that strong. We did reps from like 140-180 depending on whose concept I was following at the time. When I was doing the karate thing the professor's big issue was staying quick and light and he really didn't like to see folks bulk up, so I wouldn't push weight but rather technique and targeting, with a TON of stretching.

I am nowhere near to having the flexibility and stamina I used to have (duh) but I don't consider myself a slouch either. Being able to put up 250 recently was fairly surprising when I tried it, and my youngest was none too happy to hand over that 20-spot. It's the spine that I focus on taking care of now.

There's still a little gas in the tank. :mrgreen:
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• My problem is too much gas in the tank. Sharon Gless had better fart like an F-5.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• pehawk wrote:
    austinslater25 wrote:Not everyone lifts because of insecurity. Just throwing that out there.

Women lift so they can push Bill Cosby off of them.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:I am so over Montana.

I stalk Pehawk now.

Oh, I get it. I was the holdover until Pehawk got back.

Rake.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:I am so over Montana.

I stalk Pehawk now.

Oh, I get it. I was the holdover until Pehawk got back.

Rake.

Turns out I can quit you.

In keeping with the new tenor of the thread, I have to know your bench press. Purely for analysis reasons. Be honest, this is for posterity.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• But I dont know how much I can Bench....but I am a teeny weeny 5'6" and 3/4...a hobbit if you wish. I think I way about 145-150. We cut meat and clothed, I was 150 on a scale. I can carry easily 1/4 of a 5x5 elk down a hill. About 60-90 lbs on backpack.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Not all men that lift, do it to compensate for insecurity.

...Those that talk about how much they can bench, however, certainly do.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:Not all men that lift, do it to compensate for insecurity.

...Those that talk about how much they can bench, however, certainly do.

LOL..It's a sport. Not talking about such things would be akin to sprinters not discussing their 40 times. "Insecurity". It's the flaccid that perpetuate such fallacies.

"Hey Ro...saw you at the gym, how much are you benching these days"?

Ro: "Mmm, because I am very secure it's not something I wish to discuss, not even with another lifter ".

Here's my thoughts on the matter:

MURDER IS OUT SO LIFTING IS IN

Please buy the T-shirt.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:
    austinslater25 wrote:Not everyone lifts because of insecurity. Just throwing that out there.

And men who brag about reppin' 225. I think we've got it nailed down.

Houston nice lift by the way!
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:23 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information