Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 2746
Quote:
I wasn't so much arguing that they should move him or that it is best to move him, but mearly brought up the topc of could they move him.
according to some this draft is stronger at WLB than MLB anyways but figured that if the right MLB fell into our lap could Wagner play WLB and be just as productive. Sounds like that is a very real possibility and those that instantly cried for the offseason to be over or to move offensive players to defense or defensive player to offense could have though out their responses in a more useful manner by providing their honest opinion or some actual data. I have not really argued he should be moved to WLB but I wouldn't put it past Pete to do such a thing and that's a main reason why I started this topic.


Fair enough. I wouldn't put... well anything past Pete at this point. I just deem it, very, very unlikely that players like ET, Kam, Wagner, Wright, Sherm or Browner are going to find any significant changes to their roles in the base defense.

Quote:
Sounds like that is a very real possibility and those that instantly cried for the offseason to be over or to move offensive players to defense or defensive player to offense could have though out their responses in a more useful manner by providing their honest opinion or some actual data.


I think they have, but in many previous threads that been brought up in this regard. You can only care enough to type out the same responses so many times. Personally i'd rather see more threads started about switching the roles of underwhelming players rather than pro-bowlers or all-pros.

_________________
Give me some damn skittles...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 2011
Location: Graham, WA
Basis4day wrote:
I think they have, but in many previous threads that been brought up in this regard. You can only care enough to type out the same responses so many times. Personally i'd rather see more threads started about switching the roles of underwhelming players rather than pro-bowlers or all-pros.


Valid point, just not sure we have anyone underwhelming on this team. The only player that you could argue didn't improve last year and will be on the team this year is Kam and people have already discussed him at WLB. I think drafting a MLB and moving Wagz to WLB is 10X more likely than drafting a SS and moving Kam to WLB. Yet both players have the athletic ability to pull it off if we went that direction.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
While I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to move Wags or KC to WLB, I don't think it's going to happen. The only way PC/JS would pull that move is if they deemed another player to be better at that position.

Which MLB in this class is better than Wagner? How many SSs are better than Chancellor in this class? I would support that the answer to both questions would be the same, None.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm
Posts: 1426
Wenhawk wrote:
We have had a ton of success starting rookie MLB's so I would not be too worried.


I can think of three in our 36 year history, so could you please list the guys you believe fit your criteria to fit this sentence. I definitely do not believe we have had a ton of success with MLB's let alone with rookie starters.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
Posts: 1144
Location: Vancouver, WA
I can't even begin to convey how heinous of an idea this is.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:39 am 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Move Red Bryant to DE? Whts next moving Brandon Mebane to Wr? Some of these responses are idiotic and embarassing.

Really, it wouldnt be that big of a deal at all if he moved from MLB to WLB. Football players play football. For all we know Wagner might be better on the outside.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
Posts: 1144
Location: Vancouver, WA
Wagner is a stud. You have to have a player in this D that can tangle in the A gaps as well as play deeper middle in a tampa 2 coverage between the safeties as well and run with players in man. He can do all that and I can't stress enough how much of a rarity that is. Save for some rookie mental mistakes in diagnosis he was everything you could want in a MLB and will be mentioned as one of the top MLBs in the league for a decade. Some had him rated the single best 4-3 MLB this last year.

These aren't the droids you're looking for.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2360
vin.couve12 wrote:
Wagner is a stud. You have to have a player in this D that can tangle in the A gaps as well as play deeper middle in a tampa 2 coverage between the safeties as well and run with players in man. He can do all that and I can't stress enough how much of a rarity that is. Save for some rookie mental mistakes in diagnosis he was everything you could want in a MLB and will be mentioned as one of the top MLBs in the league for a decade. Some had him rated the single best 4-3 MLB this last year.

These aren't the droids you're looking for.


No kidding! And despite the fact that he handles that considerable scope of responsibility so well, we have a few people wanting to move him to a spot where the scope is much narrower, while gambling on a rook to replace him at MLB.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 2011
Location: Graham, WA
I'm not wanting too, just pointing out that it could be an option so if we we did draft a MLB we all don't freak out. If they fall in love with a MLB in this class and Wagner can be an impact WLB then I'd back it. I think WLB will be our #1 weakness if Branch and/or Jones are resigned. If that's the case and they are looking to draft a WLB at #25 would we be better draft Green/Brown for WLB or Ogletree/Minter/Teo at MLB?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
Posts: 3486
Location: Spokane, Wa
bellingerga wrote:
Why move him from the spot he did extroardinarily well at, for a Rookie. He should have been rookie of the year IMO, and he's only going to get better.

You don't fix something that's not broken. Just leave him there and draft a WLB



I even heard Pete Carroll say that Wagner was their MLB and he wasn't going anywhere.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:57 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 2746
Wenhawk wrote:
I'm not wanting too, just pointing out that it could be an option so if we we did draft a MLB we all don't freak out. If they fall in love with a MLB in this class and Wagner can be an impact WLB then I'd back it. I think WLB will be our #1 weakness if Branch and/or Jones are resigned. If that's the case and they are looking to draft a WLB at #25 would we be better draft Green/Brown for WLB or Ogletree/Minter/Teo at MLB?


You don't need to address your biggest weakness at 25. If this FO had shown anything, its that they know lbers. Wagner has earned his spot at MLB. Let him grow.

_________________
Give me some damn skittles...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wagner as WLB
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2360
I kinda sorta see what the OP is saying. It's possible that a good MLB prospect could fall into our laps, but not very probable. More likely to find a good WSOLB, so we can leave our DROY runner up at MLB. What would really be cool is to find someone with the same skillset as Wagz, and he wins the WS job leaving Malcom as depth. KILLA!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Atradees, BAJAHAWK, Google [Bot], hawksfansinceday1, Lawke, LymonHawk, Meeker, olyfan63, Polaris, TwilightError, UK_Seahawk, Yahoo [Bot] and 61 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.