Brandon Browner's trade value?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Basis4day":31hqp89a said:
Bobblehead":31hqp89a said:
Recon_Hawk":31hqp89a said:
^agreed. Only if we traded for Revis would I consider trading him.

Browner, Flynn..for Revis.

Won't happen. Flynn and Earl Thomas and MAYBE they would call you back.

Revis won't be here. Sorry.

I think another poster stated it, but Revis is getting off a major knee injury which makes him a semi risk, but one that players generally come back from.
Age is not a factor, he's what 27, Year younger than Browners.

What is the main factor in this, is that they will not resign him after next year.
Revis asking price to stay outweighs his capability as a player.
So NY will basically give up Revis for a song and a hand basket just to avoid his future contract and this years contract.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Ummmm.....No. PC builds from the back to the front on D. I don't see him messing with the DB's. Browner is far better than he is given credit for by some. He plays a different game than Sherman , but he is very effective at it.

Why would you want to take a strength of the team and turn it into a thin area? We have players with Potential ( Lane , Thurmond ) but unproven.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
His contract makes him extremely tradeable for now. He is not making a lot of money. But I wouldn't want to do it because we have no reliable backup to step up at fill that roll.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Killa Kam":28f89gfc said:
cacksman":28f89gfc said:
I don't know, we didn't much miss him those last 4 games of the regular season.
Arizona, Buffalo, San Fran, and the Rams were our opponents, not exactly great passing teams. I like Lane but could imagine what Julio Jones would have done to him in the playoffs.

Cue one of the resident Niner fans to jump on this thread and take offense at the fact that you said SF isn't a great passing team.

hawker84

Reaction score
IronSaint":23f5oagq said:
We'll take him off your hands for you... :th2thumbs:

the He*l you will...

I saw Revis on NFL network last night working out.. and dude is looking hella good... he was on the machine that looks like you're ice skating in your socks.. good range of motion, didn't look to be in any discumfort at all... purely speculation on my part, but i think he'll be back stronger than ever next season.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Why do we want to sign every free agent and trade all of our players? BB is probably after Marshawn my favorite Hawk. Maybe more than Marshawn. Watch the Irvin interview on nfln before the Skins game and you'll know why. Or watch him toss Garcon and Moss around. Suplex simoson in the Cincinnati game two years ago. He is a contract killer.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know why anyone would want to trade Browner. He was quite the find for Pete and until his play declines, I like him in our backfield just fine.

IronSaint

Reaction score
hawker84":3m22ursb said:
the He*l you will...

I saw Revis on NFL network last night working out.. and dude is looking hella good... he was on the machine that looks like you're ice skating in your socks.. good range of motion, didn't look to be in any discumfort at all... purely speculation on my part, but i think he'll be back stronger than ever next season.

Haha, c'mon! I'll give you Chris Ivory and a bag of Funyuns for him. :mrgreen: :lol:

canfan

Reaction score
cacksman":1pqo04f6 said:
How much trade value do you guys think Browner has? I'm wondering if a package with him, Flynn, and our first rounder could allow us to move up in the first and select a marquee pass rusher.

I guess my question is, who is this lights out pass rusher in the draft that justifies getting rid of a proven CB, and a proven (maybe?) NFL calibre QB? If that player is in this years draft class, somebody needs to point him out to me! All I'm hearing is that this is a great draft for depth, but lacks difference makers at the top. When you hear guys like Mayock saying that they aren't sure there is much of a talent spread between #5 and #30 in this draft, I don't understand the rush to package up some deal to move up in this draft. Sounds like a better year to move down, if anything. I'm happy with Browner right where he is! :D

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
canfan":2qr2aec8 said:
cacksman":2qr2aec8 said:
How much trade value do you guys think Browner has? I'm wondering if a package with him, Flynn, and our first rounder could allow us to move up in the first and select a marquee pass rusher.

I guess my question is, who is this lights out pass rusher in the draft that justifies getting rid of a proven CB, and a proven (maybe?) NFL calibre QB? If that player is in this years draft class, somebody needs to point him out to me! All I'm hearing is that this is a great draft for depth, but lacks difference makers at the top. When you hear guys like Mayock saying that they aren't sure there is much of a talent spread between #5 and #30 in this draft, I don't understand the rush to package up some deal to move up in this draft. Sounds like a better year to move down, if anything. I'm happy with Browner right where he is! :D

I have been thinking the very same thing.....this year is not the time to trade up and there are plenty of teams that would love to trade back (Chiefs) but not this year

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Are you people high? No way we should trade Browner. If anything we need a nickle corner. The outsides are set for a year or two.

Latest posts