Your late round favorite.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Mine is AJ Klein, LB Iowa State. I wish I could put his instincts into Ogletree's body. I think he will make an impact on special teams and is one of those late round picks that starts by his 2nd year. IF he runs a good number at the combine he might climb into the 3rd or 4th round, but he looks to me like a 4.6 kind of guy. He tore us the East West game.

Who is yours?

pcbball12

Reaction score
Shamarko Thomas, SS Syracuse. He is a safety so I do not think we will look that way, but he is a stud. Fearless player and punishing hitter that is only 5'10 210. Has great athleticism and range, takes great angles. Is also good matched up in man on the outside and in the slot. Contributes on special teams and plays with the same fearless/aggressive mindset when covering kicks and on punt coverage. Think he will be a 4.4 guy with good range, and great coming up in the run game. Honestly, when I turn on the film of him I am reminded of a young Bob Sanders. Being talked about as a 5-7th round guy.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
pcbball12":2557svbh said:
Shamarko Thomas, SS Syracuse. He is a safety so I do not think we will look that way, but he is a stud. Fearless player and punishing hitter that is only 5'10 210. Has great athleticism and range, takes great angles. Is also good matched up in man on the outside and in the slot. Contributes on special teams and plays with the same fearless/aggressive mindset when covering kicks and on punt coverage. Think he will be a 4.4 guy with good range, and great coming up in the run game. Honestly, when I turn on the film of him I am reminded of a young Bob Sanders. Being talked about as a 5-7th round guy.

I would not be surprised if we draft another safety. This guy is a hard worker in the weight room and film study room both. He bring an attitude that makes him easily coachable. Our FO looks for guys with this kind of attitude.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Quanterius Smith.

And my homer pick, Michael Clay. He's the Russell Wilson of linebackers. Great player on the field. Great work ethic, charachter and leadership skills. Considered too small for his position so will go late.

kearly

Reaction score
Actually, Klein looks pretty explosive to me. He might run a 4.6 (which is well above average for a LB), but I expect he'll have a very good 10 yard split. He can accelerate like a running back. Great pick.

For me I'm going with Courtney Gardner. The worst thing I can say about him is that he made a huge mistake entering the draft instead of following through with his commitment to play for the Sooners. He's got more of a "wow" factor than Cordarelle Patterson, and that is saying a lot. Had he played for Oklahoma just one season, he'd almost certainly end up a 1st round pick in 2014. He'll be lucky to be a 4th round pick this year. Hopefully it's the Seahawks who take advantage of this miscalculation.

aawolf

Reaction score
Earl Wolff--just because I'm an NC State homer, but also because he's got great instincts at the safety position. He's not great in coverage though.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
CB/S - Sanders Commings, odd sized DB, a competitor, but underrated b/c of his LB size. Is likely a S at the pro level.

two dog

Reaction score
Offensive guard-Omoregie Uzzi-6'3" 302 lbs.-Georgia Tech
Stud, good movement skills and a great run blocker.

System he played in did not test him as a pass protecter so
that would remain to be seen as the process plays itself out.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
+1 for Shamarko Thomas and I'll add two receivers that I like.

Arron Mellette from Elon. He's a small school player who has good size (6'2) and speed (4.5ish) and simply dominated at his college level. Scouts also said he was the better receiver than Brain Quick when they played against each other last year. Quick went in the first round, iirc. Rams? 49ers? Mellette is graded out as a round 5-6 guy.

Rodney Smith - Flordia State, 6' 5", 220 lbs. Has Mike Williams' height but is much skinnier. Reminds me of Kris Durham, but Smith seems much quicker off the line than Durham ever was. Has caught around 30 balls the past 3 years, so consistent, but not yet a big time productive player. Id love to see him ride the bench and add some weight to his frame. Could be a good possession type of receiver with a chance to be a redone threat. Mostly graded as a 6th rounder.

cover-2

Reaction score
A couple of late round (5th - 7th rounds) prospects I like are TCU (WR) Josh Boyce and former Florida St (KR/PR) Greg Reid. Both players I think would be late round gems.