Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:34 am 
NET Veteran

Overall these photos suck! The cats are cool though! Here is hoping I never see page 8 again.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 am 
*NET Poop Holster*

I don't know why my mind wants to change the tramps into TRAMP ZOMBIES!!!!

I can picture them growing animal teeth and start chewing chunks out of Mr tatoo.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Pstark, is this your way of saying you want Kap as the Back up?

Geno Smith could fall to us from one website...Crazy odd year for drafting a QB.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:11 am 
NET Veteran

12HawkFan wrote:
Matt Flynn is going no-where unless someone offers up a crazy trade/draft-pick(s) deal.

I don't think it has to be in the "crazy" range. If Pete and John can find a QB in the 4th or 5th round to develop, I'd imagine they wouldn't have any problem trading Flynn for a 4th-6th round pick. If for no other reason than to get rid of his salary.

The difficult decision will be if they don't trade him. Then they'll have to go to him to try to restructure, at which time Flynn will either agree to restructure or ask to be released. Either way they ain't paying Flynn to come back for what he's making now to be a backup.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:17 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Sgt. Largent wrote:
12HawkFan wrote:
Matt Flynn is going no-where unless someone offers up a crazy trade/draft-pick(s) deal.

I don't think it has to be in the "crazy" range. If Pete and John can find a QB in the 4th or 5th round to develop, I'd imagine they wouldn't have any problem trading Flynn for a 4th-6th round pick. If for no other reason than to get rid of his salary.

The difficult decision will be if they don't trade him. Then they'll have to go to him to try to restructure, at which time Flynn will either agree to restructure or ask to be released. Either way they ain't paying Flynn to come back for what he's making now to be a backup.

Although I agree that they'd take a reasonable offer for Flynn, because backup qb's don't usually get a lot of trade value and can be replaced, I don't see them releasing him for financial reasons this year. We have the cap space and we need a backup. they'd take a low ball trade offer before they'd release him. Look, we got a pick for T-Jack, we aren't giving away Flynn for nothing.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:58 pm 
NET Rookie

Trading flynn for a fourth or fifth on the hopes we can get a qb replacement on the cheap does not sound like a good investment to me. We are talking about a 4 mill cap hit on one of the worst qb classes in a long while.

Only reason I see something like this happening is if they feel bad for Flynn.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]