Fresh Seahawk QB news

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:34 am
  • Overall these photos suck! The cats are cool though! Here is hoping I never see page 8 again.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 am
  • I don't know why my mind wants to change the tramps into TRAMP ZOMBIES!!!!

I can picture them growing animal teeth and start chewing chunks out of Mr tatoo.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:47 pm
  • Pstark, is this your way of saying you want Kap as the Back up?

Geno Smith could fall to us from one website...Crazy odd year for drafting a QB.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:11 am
  • 12HawkFan wrote:Matt Flynn is going no-where unless someone offers up a crazy trade/draft-pick(s) deal.

I don't think it has to be in the "crazy" range. If Pete and John can find a QB in the 4th or 5th round to develop, I'd imagine they wouldn't have any problem trading Flynn for a 4th-6th round pick. If for no other reason than to get rid of his salary.

The difficult decision will be if they don't trade him. Then they'll have to go to him to try to restructure, at which time Flynn will either agree to restructure or ask to be released. Either way they ain't paying Flynn to come back for what he's making now to be a backup.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:17 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    12HawkFan wrote:Matt Flynn is going no-where unless someone offers up a crazy trade/draft-pick(s) deal.

I don't think it has to be in the "crazy" range. If Pete and John can find a QB in the 4th or 5th round to develop, I'd imagine they wouldn't have any problem trading Flynn for a 4th-6th round pick. If for no other reason than to get rid of his salary.

The difficult decision will be if they don't trade him. Then they'll have to go to him to try to restructure, at which time Flynn will either agree to restructure or ask to be released. Either way they ain't paying Flynn to come back for what he's making now to be a backup.

Although I agree that they'd take a reasonable offer for Flynn, because backup qb's don't usually get a lot of trade value and can be replaced, I don't see them releasing him for financial reasons this year. We have the cap space and we need a backup. they'd take a low ball trade offer before they'd release him. Look, we got a pick for T-Jack, we aren't giving away Flynn for nothing.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:58 pm
  • Trading flynn for a fourth or fifth on the hopes we can get a qb replacement on the cheap does not sound like a good investment to me. We are talking about a 4 mill cap hit on one of the worst qb classes in a long while.

Only reason I see something like this happening is if they feel bad for Flynn.
    seahawksTopGear
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information