Colin Kaep partying (pics)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The 49ers made it one step farther in the playoffs than the year before, but lost two more games (yes, I count a tie as a loss; even though it kept you ahead of us in the division) in the regular season. I'm not sure I'd call that progress, despite reaching the Super Bowl. Green Bay was a joke of an opponent in their game against you, they looked flat-out bad; and the Falcons weren't great, either. It's highly unlikely you'll have as easy of a trip to the Super Bowl this year.

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
NinerLifer":jwjdl1hn said:
So I take it that you think it is wrong for an at the time backup QB who is in his early 20's to party and enjoy himself while on vacation in Mexico?

haha when did I say that? I am just glad that RW is our QB just like you are probably glad that Kaep is your team's QB.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":31t8fex6 said:
The 49ers made it one step farther in the playoffs than the year before, but lost two more games (yes, I count a tie as a loss; even though it kept you ahead of us in the division) in the regular season. I'm not sure I'd call that progress, despite reaching the Super Bowl. Green Bay was a joke of an opponent in their game against you, they looked flat-out bad; and the Falcons weren't great, either. It's highly unlikely you'll have as easy of a trip to the Super Bowl this year.

Reaching the Superbowl isn't progress?

You do realize that the opposing team is usually the cause of a team looking like "a joke of an opponent" right?

So since the Seahawks couldn't beat the Falcons, and by your own opinion they "weren't that great", what is your opinion of your team since you couldn't beat them but we did?

hawker84

Reaction score
our defense failed in critical times, like they been doing all season. kind of like your defense failed in critical times during the season and superbowl..

i think we both know, Seattle was the better team.. i think we both know SF was the better team..

i posted this before, but i'll do it again for your benefit.. you can go to the CLink or Candlestick and look up at all the NFCW or NFCC banners, but without a superbowl victory to back them up, they mean pretty much nothing... i look at them as a failed season.. there's only one team standing at the end of the day, if it's not your team, your season was a failure...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1zsxrohs said:

You do realize that the opposing team is usually the cause of a team looking like "a joke of an opponent" right?

So since the Seahawks couldn't beat the Falcons, and by your own opinion they "weren't that great", what is your opinion of your team since you couldn't beat them but we did?

Not all roads to the Super Bowl are equal. There's a reason the 49ers and San Francisco media wanted the Seahawks to lose, because you knew an away game at Atlanta was easier than a home game against us. How we played them isn't really relevant, they didn't look like world-beaters against us, either. As I've stated many times, our first-half play calling was the bane of our existence a number of times this past year, and I pray it improves next year. That's a fault of our team, not a strength of the opponent.

Whether you're really an improving team will be decided this coming season.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hawker84":2xglt5x5 said:
our defense failed in critical times, like they been doing all season. kind of like your defense failed in critical times during the season and superbowl..

i think we both know, Seattle was the better team.. i think we both know SF was the better team..

i posted this before, but i'll do it again for your benefit.. you can go to the CLink or Candlestick and look up at all the NFCW or NFCC banners, but without a superbowl victory to back them up, they mean pretty much nothing... i look at them as a failed season.. there's only one team standing at the end of the day, if it's not your team, your season was a failure...

Agreed. And yes the banners and everything are bitter sweet if there isn't a world champions one next to it with the same year printed on it.

RolandDeschain":2xglt5x5 said:
NinerLifer":2xglt5x5 said:

Not all roads to the Super Bowl are equal. There's a reason the 49ers and San Francisco media wanted the Seahawks to lose, because you knew an away game at Atlanta was easier than a home game against us. How we played them isn't really relevant, they didn't look like world-beaters against us, either. As I've stated many times, our first-half play calling was the bane of our existence a number of times this past year, and I pray it improves next year. That's a fault of our team, not a strength of the opponent.

Most of us on 49ers.com wanted to face the Falcons in Atlanta because we yes knew it would be easier because your chippy defense would have no doubt banged up the Falcons enough to make our matchup with them easier, and we didn't want to face your chippy defense ourselves and possibly lose players to injury before the big game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
NinerLifer":mkfbmbcd said:
hawker84":mkfbmbcd said:

Agreed. And yes the banners and everything are bitter sweet if there isn't a world champions one next to it with the same year printed on it.

RolandDeschain":mkfbmbcd said:
NinerLifer":mkfbmbcd said:

Most of us on 49ers.com wanted to face the Falcons in Atlanta because we yes knew it would be easier because your chippy defense would have no doubt banged up the Falcons enough to make our matchup with them easier, and we didn't want to face your chippy defense ourselves and possibly lose players to injury before the big game.

Bullshit

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
Everything from NinerLifer is bullshit... he/she comes here to state crap like "he's a passionate coach that doesn't like to see the team get cheated" or other subtle, yet annoying bs.

49er fans were nervous to face Seattle because of the recent beat down. Combine that with the possibility of losing to a division rival in the NFC Chamionship game, well that would make any fan nervous.

His excuse is definitely bs, and extremely dumb.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
It's definitely not BS, and makes a lot of sense if you would allow yourself to see it. Why would you want to face a hard hitting defense right before the Superbowl if you don't have to? Couple that with the fact that it would have been an emotional victory, which isn't something anybody wants before going into the biggest game of the year.

But contrary to what us fans wanted, the players wanted to face the Seahawks as was written in a few interviews before your game was played.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I don't think you guys would have had to worry about being banged up going into the Superbowl had you faced the Seahawks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
So none of your preference towards the Falcons is related to us having a bigger chance at beating you than the Falcons? Ok, then. Good luck building credibility around here.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":itprgw7v said:
So none of your preference towards the Falcons is related to us having a bigger chance at beating you than the Falcons? Ok, then. Good luck building credibility around here.

Of course it did. I've said it multiple times on your MB, your team is very talented. You guys had a better chance to beat us than the Falcons. The only offset is that the Falcons had home field advantage, while you wouldn't have had it. Also another reason why some wanted to play you guys instead was because of your tough time winning on the road all season long. Your wild card win only fueled that speculation as your team didn't appear to be coming out of Washington with a victory until RG3 went down.

It's easy at this point anyway to believe that both of us will be in the postseason again next year, the only fight along the way will be for the division title unless the rest of the NFC gets their act together.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NinerLifer":27ec4dci said:
RolandDeschain":27ec4dci said:

Of course it did. I've said it multiple times on your MB, your team is very talented. You guys had a better chance to beat us than the Falcons. The only offset is that the Falcons had home field advantage, while you wouldn't have had it. Also another reason why some wanted to play you guys instead was because of your tough time winning on the road all season long. Your wild card win only fueled that speculation as your team didn't appear to be coming out of Washington with a victory until RG3 went down.

It's easy at this point anyway to believe that both of us will be in the postseason again next year, the only fight along the way will be for the division title unless the rest of the NFC gets their act together.

And this clown wonders why he's always getting attacked. Your passive-aggressive schtick is getting old.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
-The Glove-":18r5h4kb said:
NinerLifer":18r5h4kb said:
RolandDeschain":18r5h4kb said:

And this clown wonders why he's always getting attacked. Your passive-aggressive schtick is getting old.

Still don't know what you're talking about. Is it ever possible to just talk football with you guys?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2aun8gy3 said:
-The Glove-":2aun8gy3 said:
NinerLifer":2aun8gy3 said:
RolandDeschain said:

Still don't know what you're talking about. Is it ever possible to just talk football with you guys?
YOU DON'T TALK FOOTBALL!!! Is that so hard to understand why you get tons of backlash when guys like Box and rlkats are highly respected?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
I guessed I missed it somewhere that the Seahawks aren't a football team then.

Whenever I try to talk about our two teams or the rest of our division somebody like you jumps in and takes it in another direction.

Pretty sure that some on here will see what they want to see in posts from Niner fans. Perhaps that's a Paradigm shift that needs to happen like was mentioned in another thread.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NinerLifer":c596rvv9 said:

Whenever I try to talk about our two teams or the rest of our division somebody like you jumps in and takes it in another direction.

Pretty sure that some on here will see what they want to see in posts from Niner fans. Perhaps that's a Paradigm shift that needs to happen like was mentioned in another thread.
Talking football has more to do than talking Niners or Seahawks. And just look at your post history. You're like the resident Niner hall-monitor. "Oh no, they're talking bad about my Niners, I have to defend their honor!" That's all I've seen you do. You don't bring anything of substance. NONE at all.

HUGGY

Reaction score
NinerLifer":ftjsylho said:
hawker84":ftjsylho said:
That doesn't worry me a bit Niner.. Kap wasn't the reason you guy's lost the superbowl.. as long as you keep putting out those db's you had last year.. kap can be fired up all he want's..

The DB's are one of the priorities of the Team to have fixed before week 1 next year. As well as finding Justin Smith's predecessor to replace him when he retires and also to add depth to our other key defensive positions as it was evidenced by all that our starters lost steam late in the season. It's scary to think that the Niners will be even better next year than they were this year.

Good. It will just add to your dissappointment As Wilson and the Seahawks in general will be a better team than the one that handed you your asses in Seattle.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3oml81xt said:
NinerLifer":3oml81xt said:

Talking football has more to do than talking Niners or Seahawks. And just look at your post history. You're like the resident Niner hall-monitor. "Oh no, they're talking bad about my Niners, I have to defend their honor!" That's all I've seen you do. You don't bring anything of substance. NONE at all.

Except I come here to talk about our two teams and the rest of the division occasionally. When I want to talk about the rest of the league, I do so on 49ers.com.