Fresh Seahawk QB news

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
I wish there was a back tracking Icon. like a yellow dude doing the moon walk.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Wilson is not far off in terms of over the top displays of worship, so maybe he and Tebow will get along.

>There are too many other capable backups
Name one that will cost less than a million in cap or a fourth round draft pick, any single one. Tarvaris Jackson just got 4 million plus.

Face it, I really hope we can keep Flynn, but if for whatever reason we don't this is a terrible year to get a backup QB. Tebow for peanuts would make sense to anybody not emotionally invested in making people walk off of short docks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":2zazdcjv said:
Tebow for peanuts would make sense to anybody not emotionally invested in making people walk off of short docks.

Oh, so the fact that he can't throw the football and is easily figured out now that he has been in the league a while is irrelevant?

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
+1
Keeping Flynn would be sweet! The Hawks are not paying Wilson starter money, and Flynn's contract seems workable. I would keep both and be pumped that we have 2 starters at the lowest price!

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":lyeo54yg said:
seahawksTopGear":lyeo54yg said:
Tebow for peanuts would make sense to anybody not emotionally invested in making people walk off of short docks.

Oh, so the fact that he can't throw the football and is easily figured out now that he has been in the league a while is irrelevant?

Pretty much irrelevant yes, we are not looking for a guy who can throw the ball. We are looking for a guy who can win a game if the guy we have that can throw the ball has to step out for a piss.

Take a look at the options that will cost about what Tebow will next year and let me know what sounds good to you. Obviously I am hoping that Flynn stays, but if we trade him I hope that whatever replaces him costs us less than 1m a year or a fourth round draft pick. slim pickings

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1aju08zh said:
seahawksTopGear":1aju08zh said:

Tony Dungy said Manning uses the same hand motions from his rookie year. Tony knows what Manning is about to do. So getting figured out clearly is not that big of a deal

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Spokane":3m05w1yr said:
Tony Dungy said Manning uses the same hand motions from his rookie year. Tony knows what Manning is about to do. So getting figured out clearly is not that big of a deal

It is when you're a mediocre passer, and not Peyton-freaking-Manning. :roll:

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Matt Flynn is going no-where unless someone offers up a crazy trade/draft-pick(s) deal.

The overall QB budget for the Hawks is well within an acceptable range if not low for the position.

As far as Teebow goes, he might be fixable in the future, BEHIND another left handed QB that won't require a different O-line setup just for him. (aka, not the Hawks)

TB's sideline antics really are not much more than some others, but the press coverage that comes with him amplifies it greatly.

Just my 2cents.

GO HAWKS!!!

Pstark3

Reaction score
In other Seahawks QB news, we officially have the better NFC west QB.

574451_10152560240625713_1373902557_n.jpg

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Overall these photos suck! The cats are cool though! Here is hoping I never see page 8 again.

HUGGY

Reaction score
I don't know why my mind wants to change the tramps into TRAMP ZOMBIES!!!!

I can picture them growing animal teeth and start chewing chunks out of Mr tatoo.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Pstark, is this your way of saying you want Kap as the Back up?

Geno Smith could fall to us from one website...Crazy odd year for drafting a QB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
12HawkFan":2vok07tj said:
Matt Flynn is going no-where unless someone offers up a crazy trade/draft-pick(s) deal.

I don't think it has to be in the "crazy" range. If Pete and John can find a QB in the 4th or 5th round to develop, I'd imagine they wouldn't have any problem trading Flynn for a 4th-6th round pick. If for no other reason than to get rid of his salary.

The difficult decision will be if they don't trade him. Then they'll have to go to him to try to restructure, at which time Flynn will either agree to restructure or ask to be released. Either way they ain't paying Flynn to come back for what he's making now to be a backup.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bq1lsj7 said:
12HawkFan":1bq1lsj7 said:

I don't think it has to be in the "crazy" range. If Pete and John can find a QB in the 4th or 5th round to develop, I'd imagine they wouldn't have any problem trading Flynn for a 4th-6th round pick. If for no other reason than to get rid of his salary.

The difficult decision will be if they don't trade him. Then they'll have to go to him to try to restructure, at which time Flynn will either agree to restructure or ask to be released. Either way they ain't paying Flynn to come back for what he's making now to be a backup.

Although I agree that they'd take a reasonable offer for Flynn, because backup qb's don't usually get a lot of trade value and can be replaced, I don't see them releasing him for financial reasons this year. We have the cap space and we need a backup. they'd take a low ball trade offer before they'd release him. Look, we got a pick for T-Jack, we aren't giving away Flynn for nothing.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Trading flynn for a fourth or fifth on the hopes we can get a qb replacement on the cheap does not sound like a good investment to me. We are talking about a 4 mill cap hit on one of the worst qb classes in a long while.

Only reason I see something like this happening is if they feel bad for Flynn.