Is Steven H done as a Seahawk?

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
sutz":5zics8bb said:
therealjohncarlson":5zics8bb said:
We have like 4 7th rounder right? Id like to see us use one on a kicker. How about that fat kid from Wazzu?
I just LOL'd thinking of the commish up there saying, "With the 225th pick in the NFL 2013 draft, the Seattle Seahawks select the fat kid from Washington State."

:laugh:

Too damn funny!

Rat

Reaction score
Brown was money down the stretch for the Bengals last year. I wouldn't mind if he was brought back. He's kind of a douche, but this is the same coaching staff that gave the kicking job to Jeff Reed before Hauschka was released by the Ravens.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2m7wx66b said:
therealjohncarlson":2m7wx66b said:
We have like 4 7th rounder right? Id like to see us use one on a kicker. How about that fat kid from Wazzu?
I just LOL'd thinking of the commish up there saying, "With the 225th pick in the NFL 2013 draft, the Seattle Seahawks select the fat kid from Washington State."

Yep, in the first place, he's too fat, AND, he's too fat in the second place too :p

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":1rj8lu89 said:
Olindo Mare was pretty good for us. I wouldn't mind bringing him back.

Mare is going to be 40, kickers seem to lose distance as they age.

cesame

Reaction score
I'm no FG kicker expert, but I hate way the ball comes off his foot.

Wouldn't mind seeing a new kicker.

two dog

Reaction score
The Radish":1pbbj50u said:
You would suggest Josh Brown be a Seahawk again??????

Whatever you're drinking/smoking stop, cause its clearly clouding your brain.

:141847_bnono:

But if we bring him back, we could re-enslave him. Gotta be some upside to that.

aawolf

Reaction score
Hauschka is money from under 45 yards. It would be hard to find someone better in the area that should be automatic. I'd take a consistant kicker over a power kicker any day.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Rat":1n7wvodq said:
Brown was money down the stretch for the Bengals last year. I wouldn't mind if he was brought back. He's kind of a douche, but this is the same coaching staff that gave the kicking job to Jeff Reed before Hauschka was released by the Ravens.

I thought Haushka was released by the Bronchos in the preseason and then we picked him up..

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
I go back and forth on Steven! The dude is pure gold from under 45, maybe one of the best in the NFL. However he was the 2nd worst at PATs and 50+ last year. I just get a little ill watching him walk out there for the longer kicks. It would be nice to see the kicker line up for a 55 yarder and not know the outcome. (career long 54).

zayden185

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2imr9ecb said:
WestcoastSteve":2imr9ecb said:
Hawken-Dazs":2imr9ecb said:
Olindo Mare was pretty good for us. I wouldn't mind bringing him back.

Mare is going to be 40, kickers seem to lose distance as they age.

Isn't that the curse of all men? :roll:

They have a pill or that now

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":106br276 said:
sutz":106br276 said:
therealjohncarlson":106br276 said:

Too damn funny!

I don't care if he's 600 pounds, if he can boot 55-yarders consistently. Having a consistent long-range kicker can help change what opposing defenses need to do at the end of a close game.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Carson Wiggs was signed to a future contract back on Feb 1st. He's got a big leg (once kicked a 67 yard field goal at Purdue) and was actually with the Seahawks in camp last year. I'd say he's the front runner if Hauschka is left to find an offer in FA.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Man if we would have kept Wiggs, that 65 yarder to win in the playoffs would have been fun to watch.

But we have chip shot boy, so I will have to hold off on getting pumped up until we get to the 25.

Wiggs could work, but PC must have seen something he didn't like last time. I hope we do keep Wiggs as our kicker, just coach him up!

DJrmb

Reaction score
I do think it'd be a little scary to go into a potential Super Bowl run with basically a rookie Kicker. But I guess you have to do it at some point eh?