Fresh Seahawk QB news

chris98251

Reaction score
Spokane":2oib2h4j said:
Bipolar":2oib2h4j said:
Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).
With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd

Hmm Michael Robinson, FB for the Seattle Seahawks, QB for Penn State......................

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Spokane":bk21khur said:
Does Tebow bring a ton of fans? Yes. Does he sale mad Jerseys? Yes. Did he do well enough with Denver to earn a 5 year $33 Million contract? Yes. So clearly the GM of the Jets disagrees with your 3 and out concerns. Its totally cool to dislike a player, but have a real reason, and not some odd agenda that make you look uneducated. Tim fits the mold of what PC/JS are looking for.

You mean the team that couldn't trade away that 33 million contract fast enough and the GM that got fired? LOL, not good examples if you're trying to prove your point.

You are right that Tebow doesn't bring on any of the circus himself. But that doesn't change the fact that the Tebow circus exists. It does exist, and it's not worth having him on your team as a backup. There are too many other capable backups that don't bring that distraction to the team.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
kidhawk":z6yys8ld said:
:roll: I can't believe we are still talking about Tim Tebow :roll:
There is a curse placed upon that name such that whoever speaks his name is compelled to talk about him until ears bleed.
What might work is if we refer to him as Jesus Christ Superstar from now on.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Spokane":3jxde3gd said:
Bipolar":3jxde3gd said:
Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).
With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd

Who here is following what crowd?

The "hipster" Tebow crowd began with those that thought an under developed quarterback who struggled mightily throwing the ball can be a championship quality starter. I lived in Denver when Tebow was drafted by the Broncos. I saw first hand the crowd that would ignore those in the media and NFL that presented fair and reasonable reasons why Tebow did not have what it took to be a great quarterback. It was the "hip" thing to downplay any of his negatives and instead focus on him being "a winner" and using similar "shameless stat slinging" as you have used to say that those who are against Tebow are simply using a follow the herd mentality. And it hasn't changed!

A few seasons later, following a path of GM and coach firings, it's become more evident that the masses were right to began with, but it still the "hip" thing to do is to take the opposite approach of the majority; that Tebow can be a great QB.

I've said before that I'd be willing to even trade a 7th for Tebow to be our 3rd string QB if Pete can find use of him, but I was of the mindset his "circus days" were behind him (and please don't argue the literal use of these words. It is simply a metaphor). Now, I'm starting to feel I might be wrong on that.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
chris98251":1irakkhg said:
Spokane":1irakkhg said:
Bipolar":1irakkhg said:

Hmm Michael Robinson, FB for the Seattle Seahawks, QB for Penn State......................

Touche! It should be noted that MR was the 2nd leading WR on the team and 3rd leading rusher his last year at Penn. He could play LT, the guy rocks!

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jzuva0x said:
You are right that Tebow doesn't bring on any of the circus himself. But that doesn't change the fact that the Tebow circus exists. It does exist, and it's not worth having him on your team as a backup. There are too many other capable backups that don't bring that distraction to the team.

At this point it is a waste of time to go over and over the same topic. However I find it hilarious that some of you are so entrenched in the agenda that when the truth about a word "circus" slaps you in the face, you are unwilling to admit you are wrong.

Did TO, Moss, Brett or any other challenged player ever get the term circus? No. They got the word distraction. A fair word. When you take it one more step past fair, you have to account for why! Sanchez sucks at the NFL level, they were calling for him to be replaced before Tim got there, (Why do you think they brought Tim in) So the fact the crowd called for a backup happens just about every time the starting QB needs to go. The only other issue is that Tim can reel in the press, but so does Manning, Brady and Wilson. Again not a "circus", just media attention. Haters will always find a way to turn a good thing bad. So with my last Tebow post (unless he becomes a Hawk) Think about what you are saying, is it fair or are you taking it one step past fair. Be fair not a hater, it's embarrassing to watch

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Spokane":xcldb35b said:
Sgt. Largent":xcldb35b said:

At this point it is a waste of time to go over and over the same topic. However I find it hilarious that some of you are so entrenched in the agenda that when the truth about a word "circus" slaps you in the face, you are unwilling to admit you are wrong.

Did TO, Moss, Brett or any other challenged player ever get the term circus? No. They got the word distraction. A fair word. When you take it one more step past fair, you have to account for why! Sanchez sucks at the NFL level, they were calling for him to be replaced before Tim got there, (Why do you think they brought Tim in) So the fact the crowd called for a backup happens just about every time the starting QB needs to go. The only other issue is that Tim can reel in the press, but so does Manning, Brady and Wilson. Again not a "circus", just media attention. Haters will always find a way to turn a good thing bad. So with my last Tebow post (unless he becomes a Hawk) Think about what you are saying, is it fair or are you taking it one step past fair. Be fair not a hater, it's embarrassing to watch

Not sure why you're hung up on the word "circus," like it's demeaning, derogatory or a personal offense to you and Tim Tebow's family.

Circus, distraction, it's the same thing.

mikeak

Reaction score
Spokane":2p48bv30 said:
Sgt. Largent":2p48bv30 said:

If TO, Moss or whomever else had daily pressconference before ever playing a down with their teams they would have been considered 100 times the problems they got credit for being. Tebow getting up on a podium every single day was / is by choice. Seeking the media attention he seeks is a CHOICE. He seeks it for his reasons and beliefs and that makes him a media whore. I don't care if the reasons are good / benefit others or whatever but you cannot claim that he doesn't seek it out. The other players were in several incidents but NONE of them did it on a daily basis like Tebow.

And one other DETAIL. Moss, TO and Brett Favre were at the height of their career some of the best to ever play the game. They EARNED the right to speak up and be in the news.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
I always thought Portis was amazing, however everyone looks amazing in the 4th during a preseason game. But as a 2nd or 3rd string guy I would take him.
Truth be told, he may be the closest QB I have seen to Wilson, but again that was all in the 4th.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
chris98251":1dpkjby0 said:
Spokane":1dpkjby0 said:

Nice shot.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
I am in the Tebow to Seattle bandwagon, sign me up.

I don't believe we should trade Flynn, he is cheap in cap terms all things considering. But, and this is a big one, if a great trade comes in and we need to bite bringing in Tebow as a qb backup for peanuts makes good sense to me. So, assuming he is released, assuming he will come to Seattle for much less than his current 2.5mil the tshirt sales alone makes this a good decision.

The Jets should be ashamed of what they have done with Tebow this year, I see no reason to not benefit from it if things work out that way. For those who do not want Tebow for any reason consider what our options are if we have to trade Flynn. We are going to be stuck with a fifth round QB in one of the worst QB classes in recent memory, hate on Tebow all you want, you know he is going to be better than that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'll go nuts if we were to sign Tebow. Hell no, and those of you that want him, go take a long walk off a short dock.

Bat9th

Reaction score
Matt Scott would be awesome. When I watched him play I was really impressed.

HUGGY

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":mgtz4sdx said:
Spokane":mgtz4sdx said:
Does Tebow bring a ton of fans? Yes. Does he sale mad Jerseys? Yes. Did he do well enough with Denver to earn a 5 year $33 Million contract? Yes. So clearly the GM of the Jets disagrees with your 3 and out concerns. Its totally cool to dislike a player, but have a real reason, and not some odd agenda that make you look uneducated. Tim fits the mold of what PC/JS are looking for.

You mean the team that couldn't trade away that 33 million contract fast enough and the GM that got fired? LOL, not good examples if you're trying to prove your point.

You are right that Tebow doesn't bring on any of the circus himself
Nonsense! His over the top displays of his worship during a football game is what brought on all the fuss.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tebow's religious slobbering on camera combined with his ridiculous string of luck in getting those wins to get into the playoffs with Denver is what combined to make him such a media force. Old horse-face running the show in Denver wasn't fooled, which is why he worked so hard to trade him. I think half the reason he wanted Peyton so much was so it'd give him the excuse to get rid of Tebow.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Nice freak out roland. So you will lose your sanity and promote people dying over a trade? :240039:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Spokane":e7emjnpa said:
Nice freak out roland. So you will lose your sanity and promote people dying over a trade? :240039:

Possibly. :devil: Also, how'd you know I didn't just want them to get wet while swimming back to shore? :stirthepot:

Latest posts