Fresh Seahawk QB news

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Spokane":2wu39l8e said:
BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!
If Tim Tebow had the same "skillset" as Wilson, the Jets would be dumber than a box of shit to let him leave, so I ain't buyin' what you're try'n to peddle :roll:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
scutterhawk":1cznua17 said:
Spokane":1cznua17 said:
BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!
If Tim Tebow had the same "skillset" as Wilson, the Jets would be dumber than a box of shit to let him leave, so I ain't buyin' what you're try'n to peddle :roll:

Similar skill set, I'd say. Physically at least. Not the same skill level though.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Throwdown":26xcvxsw said:
If Tahj Boyd slips? maybe? Matt Scott? thats just the draft though...

Josh Portis is still out there... :)
Boyd isn't in this years draft.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
scutterhawk":x2kr0h2k said:
Spokane":x2kr0h2k said:

PC and JS fully understand there is no other Wilson in the NFL. Not even close, not Brees, not Manning, not Brady. Wilson is all of those dudes with wheels enough to out run every D-line man, if he can see him. What I loved was that he got better and better as the year went on. There is a reason why there were rumors of him asking for a pay raise, no player deserved it more. We will never get a true Wilson Jr.

So I was wrong on saying they have the same skill set, I should have wrote Tim has the closest skill set. Tim is a good runner, improviser, has the ability to come back late in the game, finisher, and Yes 6 for 8 does not normally mean crap but it is his 2012 body of work that they allowed him. Why did they spend all that money for 8 passes? Kind of a dumb idea. J-E-T-no.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Spokane":2qpxtx3r said:
scutterhawk":2qpxtx3r said:
Spokane":2qpxtx3r said:

PC and JS fully understand there is no other Wilson in the NFL. Not even close, not Brees, not Manning, not Brady. Wilson is all of those dudes with wheels enough to out run every D-line man, if he can see him. What I loved was that he got better and better as the year went on. There is a reason why there were rumors of him asking for a pay raise, no player deserved it more. We will never get a true Wilson Jr.

So I was wrong on saying they have the same skill set, I should have wrote Tim has the closest skill set. Tim is a good runner, improviser, has the ability to come back late in the game, finisher, and Yes 6 for 8 does not normally mean crap but it is his 2012 body of work that they allowed him. Why did they spend all that money for 8 passes? Kind of a dumb idea. J-E-T-no.

You were blowing up his 6 for 8? shame on you, you shameless stat slinger. How about we just make Golden Tate the backup, he was 1 for 1 on the season.
Was it the 1 for 1 passing against us that got you all excited? Or the 8 yards?

There is only one guaranteed benefit of trading for Tebow-Jersey sales to idiots who buy jerseys for backup quarterbacks. There are millions of dollars to be mined in that idiot market. Maybe some of you can put a Tebow 15 next to your Flynn. Everything else is conjecture. Wilson extends plays to find a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th target. Tebow scrambles because after he dropped back from center and did a play action fake, he doesn't know where his first target is. Tebow does not have a similar skill set to Wilson. Saying he does just because you have seen both run a successful play option is lazy analysis. By that definition, Colt McCoy has a similar skillset, as does Jake Locker. Except they don't. Russell has a smooth throwing motion, and Tebow still looks like he is unfolding a lawnchair behind his back. Russell slides to play another down, Tebow is a meathead who goes head first.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1wsb1q8i said:
You were blowing up his 6 for 8? shame on you, you shameless stat slinger. How about we just make Golden Tate the backup, he was 1 for 1 on the season.
Was it the 1 for 1 passing against us that got you all excited? Or the 8 yards?

There is only one guaranteed benefit of trading for Tebow-Jersey sales to idiots who buy jerseys for backup quarterbacks. There are millions of dollars to be mined in that idiot market. Maybe some of you can put a Tebow 15 next to your Flynn. Everything else is conjecture. Wilson extends plays to find a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th target. Tebow scrambles because after he dropped back from center and did a play action fake, he doesn't know where his first target is. Tebow does not have a similar skill set to Wilson. Saying he does just because you have seen both run a successful play option is lazy analysis. By that definition, Colt McCoy has a similar skillset, as does Jake Locker. Except they don't. Russell has a smooth throwing motion, and Tebow still looks like he is unfolding a lawnchair behind his back. Russell slides to play another down, Tebow is a meathead who goes head first.

First off and most importantly thank you for my new signature, I did not think any phrase would be as cool as "that is all" But for my money shameless stat slinger is pretty close.

Yes I am handing out a lazy analysis for some back up on the other side of the country, I have no clue who our own 3rd string guy is at the moment

Left handed dudes always seem to be herky jerky whenever they move, so you have to expect a little lawn chair throwing motion with him. That guy gets a ton of crap for his play, so he has to go head first just to get every yard. If he didn't, some stat slinger would not be able to defend his 3.2 yards per carry. Hey give him the ball all 4 downs and he can rush it in for a TD with those numbers. Long story short, Tim fits the mold PC is looking for and should come cheap if we choose to trade for him.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Well I suppose we do need to counter the Ninner's 'Kaepernicking' with our own 'Tebowing' right? :sarcasm_off:

Throwdown

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2r9kgyhm said:
Well I suppose we do need to counter the Ninner's 'Kaepernicking' with our own 'Tebowing' right? :sarcasm_off:

Man we're Russellin'

Which is 1000000000000000000000000x better than both those scrubs.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If he doesn't go through the draft could he still be signed after it? Seattle might be a good fit for him.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Why the Seahawks need TYLER THIGPEN?

Of course, there’s more to it than that. The Pistol was not new in the NFL this past season. In fact, it was utilized extensively in 2008 in Kansas City. The offensive coordinator was Chan Gailey, and the quarterback was Tyler Thigpen. I remember a conversation I had with Ron Rivera, then the defensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers; he told me how difficult the Pistol was to defend, primarily due to the ability of Thigpen to run the ball effectively. Thigpen started 11 games that season, threw 18 touchdown passes and ran for 386 yards. The Chiefs, however, only won one of those 11 games. Thigpen was gone the next season. The main reason: he could not throw the ball well enough to be a consistent NFL starter, no matter what formation or offensive concepts were deployed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

RichNhansom

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":haqzt1ip said:
Why the Seahawks need TYLER THIGPEN?

Of course, there’s more to it than that. The Pistol was not new in the NFL this past season. In fact, it was utilized extensively in 2008 in Kansas City. The offensive coordinator was Chan Gailey, and the quarterback was Tyler Thigpen. I remember a conversation I had with Ron Rivera, then the defensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers; he told me how difficult the Pistol was to defend, primarily due to the ability of Thigpen to run the ball effectively. Thigpen started 11 games that season, threw 18 touchdown passes and ran for 386 yards. The Chiefs, however, only won one of those 11 games. Thigpen was gone the next season. The main reason: he could not throw the ball well enough to be a consistent NFL starter, no matter what formation or offensive concepts were deployed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

Is that the main reason we need him?

Bipolar

Reaction score
Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).

jlwaters1

Reaction score
pehawk":6fujd467 said:
When Tebow does complete passes, it's in scenarios where he buys time. I.e., anything NOT involving a traditional 5-7 step drop. He'll never be accurate in a "drop and throw to that spot" system. But, that's not what Seattle runs either, really.

He played in Denver kinda similar to Wilson the first 2-3 weeks of the season. Tim was ugly, yet clutch.

I get it, the anti-Tebow thing's the hipster thing to do, because you can buck ESPN and the national coverage machine, but he would NOT be an awful choice. Not at all.

I disagree, So it's hip to point out the obvious? He not only is a terrible player. But the over-the-top media coverage would be a complete distraction. If You think having "HARDKNOCKS" would be bad, Tebow would be infinately worse. It would be a circus.

If you want to only score 14-17 points a game than by all means sign Tebow. That's all he's good for. When he was with Denver they lead the league in 3-and-out's. Under NO circumstances would I want Tebow in Seattle.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
jlwaters1":30hv131z said:
So it's hip to point out the obvious? It would be a circus.
This is where the whole mimicking ESPN makes a person a tool comes into play. Yes we are going back to being REAL for a moment due to You need to be brought back to reality.

So ask yourself, does Tebow bring an elephant, tiger, 3 rings, trapeze act, and a big tent to work everyday? No. So why say circus? Why? Because you mimic rather then speak for yourself. ESPN tells you something and you can't follow fast enough!

Does Tebow bring a ton of fans? Yes. Does he sale mad Jerseys? Yes. Did he do well enough with Denver to earn a 5 year $33 Million contract? Yes. So clearly the GM of the Jets disagrees with your 3 and out concerns. Its totally cool to dislike a player, but have a real reason, and not some odd agenda that make you look uneducated. Tim fits the mold of what PC/JS are looking for.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Bipolar":2g05m0t5 said:
Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).
With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
Seneca Wallace. Knows the West Coast system, older but still athletic as heck and will accept being a back up. Seneca should not be a starter but can win you a few games as a back up.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
I am down with SW! I think he was a .500 QB as a Hawk, but that is fine as a fill in dude. At worst we need a 3rd string guy as well!

pehawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks offense is the best fit for Tebow, if ever their was one.

Latest posts