Steadman Bailey is fantastic

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
two dog":389j33a5 said:
Rob, just idle curiosity, but what do you think of Quinton Patton?
How much later might he be available?

I'm not crazy about him. Watched two games. Would like to watch a couple more. I think he's a mid-rounder based on what I've seen so far.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
McGruff":2t712lye said:
I'll do some work on Bailey, but color me skeptical when a name comes out of no where into first round consideration.

theENGLISHseahawk":2t712lye said:
I don't care about his size, if he's there in round two I'm drafting him and feeling very, very, very smug about it.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3t0gv4vk said:
Top two receivers in this draft:

#1 DeAndre Hopkins
#2 Steadman Bailey

Are you talking in terms of who we'd have a shot at at 1.25 or overall?

bigfatguy64

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w201NnoXDCw there's a vid of Sted smacking Mo Claiborne last year. We got smacked that game, and he got shown up a bit by Tavon Austin, but still managed 8rec 115yds 1td against a pretty good LSU d. He was matched up against Claiborne most of that game....and at the end of the year, Claiborne mentioned him as the best wr he went against.

The reason Tavon grades out higher than Stedman is sheer athletic ability. Tavon is freakishly agile/shifty. It will show up in the combine...I haven't seen a player move as well as he does. Also, Tavon's still fairly new to the WR position. He's played it mostly throughout his collegiate career, but was always a running back in highschool/younger.

As a pure WR, Stedman is way ahead of Tavon. He runs smoother routes, has better hands, and is able to get up and get balls a lot better than Tavon.... and can still do some pretty good things after the catch (pretty mean stiffarm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmO_zg4wH0E not the best stiffarm example, but still a pretty funny one). Tavon is more the kind of guy that you give the ball in a bit of space and watch him go.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SuperHawks":iv6zyip2 said:

No in general. Not a fan of Keenan Allen and Cordarrelle Patterson has incredible upside but he's high risk/reward.

aawolf

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3kk82083 said:
SuperHawks":3kk82083 said:

No in general. Not a fan of Keenan Allen and Cordarrelle Patterson has incredible upside but he's high risk/reward.

I'd take any one out of Hopkins, Allen, Patterson, Austin, or Bailey. I just think Bailey would be the best value if we could get him in round 3. The only one I'd take in round 1 would be Hopkins. I wouldn't be dissapointed if we took Allen, Patterson, Austin, or Bailey in round 2, but I don't think any of them save Bailey would be there and from the mocks I've seen, Bailey should be there at round 3.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":34yjm67b said:
SuperHawks":34yjm67b said:

Yeah I don't see it with Allen either but Patterson is as an electric WR prospect as I've seen in a long time. I think that guy has superstar written all over him. I'd have no problem at all gambling on his upside.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
chris98251":1nn2xm04 said:
Well size helps in other aspects as far as blocking etc, production is paramount but there is none if the ball doesn't get to that player. Steadman sounds like a natural receiver with great moves, Austin is a work in progress much like Tate, what position does he play RB or WR. I would go with a polished guy over a project. You could hit or miss on project, minimum you have to use a couple years to get him developed. Dividends right away from the guy that already has the tools.
Measurables only mean so much. Austin is a slot WR - could be utilized much the same way as Harvin (can be brought out of the backfield, etc.) There would be several ways to implement his skills into this offense and he would be a threat to take it to the house each time he touches the ball. It's interesting how opinions vary. I would more say Austin is big time game ready and Bailey is more the work in progress.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":31syrjzb said:
kearly":31syrjzb said:
I can see why you like him Rob, Bailey is pretty similar to Markus Wheaton. Similar size, speed, smoothness. Both are clutch performers.

Something keeps me from putting a 1st round sticker on Bailey, I'm not sure what it is. But here is what I do like about him- he just makes it look easy. With all due respect to Baldwin and Tate- some of their best plays last year were very close to not being big plays at all. Baldwin in particular has a knack for making catches look difficult, and while Tate is growing into a terrific WR, there is still a hint of awkwardness left over. Rice and Miller are the only targets we have that I feel are true professionals at their craft. Bailey already looks like one, and that's not terribly common coming out of college.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Bailey or Wheaton lasted until round 3. It's going to be a very competitive year at WR and you are going to see tremendous quality at WR in rounds 2-4 this year. Wouldn't that be something if our draft started off as Short-Greene-Bailey? Yes please.

If we were able to go Short-Greene-Bailey, I think I'd sh*t myself. Twice.

That would be a pretty remarkable 1st 3 picks. I'd be giddy if that were to happen

osprey3263

Reaction score
would you as a hawks fan rather see the hawks draft Deandre Hopkins or would you rather see them
draft Stedman Bailey and Brandon Kauffman in a later round
or Tavon austin?

I m ; going with option 2 Bailey and kaufmann

McGruff

Reaction score
Bailey might be becoming a new favorite of mine. You he's 5-10, he checked in at the combine with long arms, equivalent to most 6-2 receivers. In contrast, Austin's catching radius is among the draft's smallest.