Draft rumors 2/13/13 edition

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Jordan Mills

[youtube]ePixPUqXmVI[/youtube]

Reminds me of James Carpenter. Similar height/weight. Is chubby, slow, but strong. It's just three plays, but Mills technique seems pretty natural. I'd consider him a headscratcher pick, which given Seattle's previous history with guys like Carpenter, McQuistan, Giacomini, Sweezy, and Omiyale, means that being a headscratching pick probably helps Mills' chances.

Veilside

Reaction score
kearly":3gku9q1c said:
Jordan Mills

[youtube]ePixPUqXmVI[/youtube]

Reminds me of James Carpenter. Similar height/weight. Is chubby, slow, but strong. It's just three plays, but Mills technique seems pretty natural. I'd consider him a headscratcher pick, which given Seattle's previous history with guys like Carpenter, McQuistan, Giacomini, Sweezy, and Omiyale, means that being a headscratching pick probably helps Mills' chances.

What round is he looking likely for?

drdiags

Reaction score
Veilside":3p8wc9fy said:
What round is he looking likely for?

From a few posts earlier:

Recon_Hawk":3p8wc9fy said:
Figured I'd add this here as a rumor post:

"@Bischoff_Scott: Hearing that Seattle likes Louisiana Tech RT Jordan Mills a lot, earlier than you would think. He fits their running style perfectly."
https://twitter.com/bischoff_scott/stat ... 4316392448

Currently graded as a round 3-4 prospect on nfldraftscout.com

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
kearly":3vhnobus said:
Blitzer88":3vhnobus said:
Man I want Hopkins so badly.

:13:

Last year I wanted Wilson worse than any prospect ever. Needless to say, I shitted bricks when his name was called at #75. I wouldn't quite put Hopkins on that same tier of "I'd sell my left testicle to get him", but yeah, if we don't pick him, it's going to hurt. And if the 49ers get him, it will ruin the draft for me.

100% agree. Wilson to Hopkins would be dynamic

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Walter Football lists Mills as round 3-5.

I don't take this report terribly seriously. Stuff gets "leaked" anonymously to major outlets all the time. If the guy claimed he had a long time Seahawks insider who told him this, that would be one thing, but it's not even that, it's basically hearsay. Offensive tackle might be as low as Seattle's 6th highest priority, and to date they've generally drafted by order of priority (QB exempted).

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":1zqq4umj said:
Walter Football lists Mills as round 3-5.

I don't take this report terribly seriously. Stuff gets "leaked" anonymously to major outlets all the time. If the guy claimed he had a long time Seahawks insider who told him this, that would be one thing, but it's not even that, it's basically hearsay. Offensive tackle might be as low as Seattle's 6th highest priority, and to date they've generally drafted by order of priority (QB exempted).
I haven't been able to watch the tape above yet (and honestly, I trust your opinion on offensive linemen over my own), but does he show he might be a tackle who can also play guard, similar to Carp? (Also, if the only tape is those 3 plays, you could try Quinton Patton's tape, though It'd mostly be pass-pro)

two dog

Reaction score
I don't really think Arthur Brown makes it to #58.
If he does, he sure looks like a JS/Pete guy.
Position need meet Arthur Brown.

Latest posts