Michael Jordan is a hater

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Wilt's problem was that he wasn't consumed by winning(much like Lebron). When he lead the league in assists, he did so because he wanted to lead the league in assists that year. He was probably the most dominating player to ever play the game, and if he cared more, its insane to imagine what he would've done. He was always compared to Bill Russell, and they duked it out, a lot. But I think Wilt took some pride in not letting winning or losing completely define him, he had other things in life he chose to do. Bill Russell would puke before games and just be utterly relentless and singleminded, much like Jordan and Larry Bird.

Oscar is often forgotten in the "greatest ever" discussion, and I think its because he was such an angry prick and a horrible teammate. Just an absolutely unbelievable player.

The Radish

Reaction score
seahawk2k":2p5opg1h said:
Wilt's problem was that he wasn't consumed by winning(much like Lebron). When he lead the league in assists, he did so because he wanted to lead the league in assists that year. He was probably the most dominating player to ever play the game, and if he cared more, its insane to imagine what he would've done. He was always compared to Bill Russell, and they duked it out, a lot. But I think Wilt took some pride in not letting winning or losing completely define him, he had other things in life he chose to do. Bill Russell would puke before games and just be utterly relentless and singleminded, much like Jordan and Larry Bird.

Oscar is often forgotten in the "greatest ever" discussion, and I think its because he was such an angry prick and a horrible teammate. Just an absolutely unbelievable player.

Angry is just about right. I think MJ, Bird, Oscar, Russell, would have ran over their Grandmother during crunch time. lol

:les:

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
The Radish":26b8xh7b said:
seahawk2k":26b8xh7b said:

Angry is just about right. I think MJ, Bird, Oscar, Russell, would have ran over their Grandmother during crunch time. lol

:les:

They were, don't forget Kobe though. Kobe is a mean, mean man when the game is on the line.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Kobe's big insecurity is that he's never won anything without Shack. Let's not pretend Pippin was any big shakes - Jordan got his solo.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1ti3yhzp said:
Kobe's big insecurity is that he's never won anything without Shack. Let's not pretend Pippin was any big shakes - Jordan got his solo.

He got one just a few years back with Pau.

pehawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":113bslv6 said:
Lords of Scythia":113bslv6 said:

He got one just a few years back with Pau.

"How does it feel to get your 5th ring Kobe?" - Reporter
"Feels great, one more than Shaq" - Kobe

Kobe cemented himself as a top 5 all-time with the last ring.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I thought he might've won one without the big fella, but feeling sort of too hungover and apathetic right now to check. That's an insecure comment, anyway.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":ix3hof87 said:

Wow. You're hugely underrating Scottie Pippen, imo. I think he's better then anybody Lebron has ever played with, including D Wade. Pippen almost won a championship with Portland. He was never a 30 points per game scorer but he could do everything on the basketball court really well.

knownone

Reaction score
Lebron is not even in the conversation with Jordan. He's got an average mid range game and no post game. The man relies almost entirely on his physical abilities.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pippen did the little things like play defense, set picks, pass, he was a point forward really. True greatness isn't always being the highest scorer, it's being able to adjust your game to compliment your team also and do the stuff needed. Most here probably don't even remember what a great player Paul Silas was, he could'nt shoot the ball if he had a 10 foot wide bucket, but he won championships because he did everything else that nobody wanted or was willing to do. Rebounding demon.