Richard Sherman Interview

chris98251

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3v6w9byq said:
By saying it wasnt his fault but wont throw away a teamate under tge bus, threw a teammate under the bus. Roddy White is establidhed. Let your play speak. Shut up.

Oh I see you want him to be Kelly Jennings, hmm all this time we had Tim Ruskell on the board and didn't even know it. His character is in question we probably should just trade him for nothing like Ruskell did Djack because he spoke up also.

:)

Teqneek

Reaction score
Kudos to you guys, I had to read Calihawks post 5 times to understand what he was trying to say.

Not sure why certain fans get all itchy when our players talk trash. This is an entertainment business... these guys arent saving the world, come on now.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
chris98251":218krull said:
CALIHAWK1":218krull said:
By saying it wasnt his fault but wont throw away a teamate under tge bus, threw a teammate under the bus. Roddy White is establidhed. Let your play speak. Shut up.

Oh I see you want him to be Kelly Jennings, hmm all this time we had Tim Ruskell on the board and didn't even know it. His character is in question we probably should just trade him for nothing like Ruskell did Djack because he spoke up also.

How come when someone expresses an opinion that favors sherman keeping his mouth in check you guys have to draw comparisons to players of the past that sucked? Sherman trash talking has nothing to do with Kelly Jennings. Why can't it be ok to be classy and a kick ass football player as well?

Just because some of us would rather he not talk so much doesn't make us want to trade him or make us haters.

Rocket

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":zwec42m2 said:
Not sure I agree with talking smack after you tripped and fell and the WR scored a TD...

1) no one is perfect
2) smack is about getting the opposition to think about smack and not the game.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hugh Millen once said he PREFERS and wants his CB's to be loud, flamboyant, smack-talking types. The position lends itself to that self-confidence, since you're alone on an island.

I agree.

Plus, it's not dumb smack. He's very clever with his smack...there's a difference. Ochocinco was clever and funny. TO, not so much. Neon and Woodson, some of the best ever.

kinesmajor

Reaction score
And he really pitched the Seahawks to Charles Woodson.

Said Woodson could help us become the number 1 defense.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Teqneek":16at6v9s said:
Kudos to you guys, I had to read Calihawks post 5 times to understand what he was trying to say.

Not sure why certain fans get all itchy when our players talk trash. This is an entertainment business... these guys arent saving the world, come on now.
Just got done watching "The Cabin in the Woods". Maybe they are saving the world by placating some ancient god of spectator sports :) Beats being a bloody sacrifice to a family of zombies.

Subzero717

Reaction score
chris98251":3na6y4vv said:
CALIHAWK1":3na6y4vv said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Where did I say trade him or we should get rid of him. His mouth is a bit much for my liking that's all. I like Sherman the player and yes, i own his jersey. That's how much I want him gone. I just wish he would be more Marshawn and less Prime Time.

BTW saying it was your teamates fault and not yours is throwing your teamate under the bus.

chris98251

Reaction score
I see it as you want the production but for him to just play and not toot his own horn, as a 5th round pic he is not only playing with a chip but playing and marketing himself for his payday along with giving recognition to this defense.

The no personality defense is what we would have if this was across the board, nobody was jumping all over Kenny Easley when he said he wanted to make people pay and hurt them when he played safety. He said hurt not injure and clarified it. He backed it up and as a Seahawks legend it was an excepted comment because he enforced it and backed it up. I see no difference here from a CB position. I have a problem with players that talk it but don't back it up. As long as Sherman can cash the checks he writes I have no problems. He does it in a way that doesn't bring flags on the field as well. How many other guys can boast and have the focus he has when it's game time.

I would expect from your perspective you loved Joe Frazier but disliked Ali also given the two types of personalitys, both were good but brought pre fight build up a lot differently.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
pehawk":1y8ht204 said:
I know this is way silly, but Deion Sanders is maybe my FOAT because his mouth. I'm beyond proud we may have Neon 2.0.

Took the words right out of my mouth Pehawk! Prime is also my FOAT. Sherm is the first since Prime to remind me of Prime. If Sherman can get better, we will be sitting pretty with that beautiful bastard on the team! :thirishdrinkers:

[youtube]C_w9F28Z_dc[/youtube]

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sanders was probably the best cover CB ever....as well as one of the most explosive ST players.

I think Sherman is already a better CB....he's much more physical and plays the run way better than Neon ever did; Sherm will throw a shoulder...those 3 tackles on that youtube vid were the only shoulders I've ever seen Sanders throw into someone.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawks46":345h8xnz said:
Sanders was probably the best cover CB ever....as well as one of the most explosive ST players.

I think Sherman is already a better CB....he's much more physical and plays the run way better than Neon ever did; Sherm will throw a shoulder...those 3 tackles on that youtube vid were the only shoulders I've ever seen Sanders throw into someone.
They had a special on Deion on NFL network the other day. They talked about how his rep was that he wasn't willing to make many tackles. Forgot what team it was, but they said they were giving him a hard time about it all game, then he had a chance at an open field tackle and put his head down and completely missed the guy.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Hawks46":3j3adgrs said:

I disagree a cover corner is much more valuable then a run stopping corner. Granted I love Sherman and he's a pretty solid cover corner himself but if I had to choose between him and Deion and his prime, I would take Deion. People love to talk about how Deion didn't tackle, but he didn't need to, his guy was never open.

I love Sherman's ability to help against the run but it's a bit overstated. He made what maybe 7 or 8 tackles last season on running backs?