I think this says it all about Wilson and the 12th Man

NinerLifer

Reaction score
The Radish":2epq2fa5 said:
NinerLifer":2epq2fa5 said:
Pretty much what I would have imagined if I saw the options before the results. Our quarterbacks are better to each of us because we are fans of their teams. However the hype surrounding Andrew Luck that started even before be was a senior in college will still be in the minds of sports fans.

Well in that regard I would take either of our QBs over Luck. And that's taking into consideration that we don't know the full potential of Kapernick or Wilson.

:roll:

Agreed

lukerguy

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but for now, that's how I want it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
interesting fan perspective as the only two to advance in the playoffs were CK and RW, with CK making it to the SB. Luck threw picks like they were free and until he makes better choices, I rank him at the bottom.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Richard Sherman was asked about this on NFL Network Friday. He, of course, said RW. But, played with Luck at Stanford. When they asked him if not RW... then who? He went with his former teammate. I would say that Wilson is a special player... on another level than the rest. Luck would be my 2nd choice. The thing about the Colts is that it wasn't just about Andrew Luck. Vick Ballard had a lot to do with their success as well as coaching, the emotional thing going on with Chuckstrong, etc. Andrew Luck had no expectations and could just go out and sling it. I think there was more pressure on Wilson to take this team to the next level... rookie or not. He ended up leading that charge. Sherman also noted that Rodgers is probably the toughest QB to face.

I'm not yet convinced about Kaepernick. He's very up and down. My opinion of him is that the players around him make him better (as the team goes... so goes he) whereas the leadership of some of the other QB's make the already great players around them even better. (Wilson will pick a team up and carry them on his shoulders if he has to - and has.) CK has shown skill... but, I think he and RGIII are going to take a beating. I wouldn't be surprised to see the emergence of Kirk Cousins if RGIII isn't able to go right away and Cousins a name that gets lumped in with some of the better ones in the league. Tannehill, too.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3ubz487f said:
I'm not yet convinced about Kaepernick. He's very up and down. My opinion of him is that the players around him make him better (as the team goes... so goes he) whereas the leadership of some of the other QB's make the already great players around them even better.

I agree. Would San Francisco be any worse if they plugged Cam Newton in at QB? My gut tells me they'd be even better and that Newton would be near unstoppable with Gore, that O-line and Harbaugh's QB coaching.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I like the snubs Russell gets. He will go out and earn the apologies. Will be fun watching the East Coast claim they loved him from hello.

Not even sure RJoeTheismannIII is the best rookie QB on his team. If he was, why would Shanny throw him to the wolves? Cousins is no slouch. I expect him to keep wrecking R2D2 running a full time option and get what they can out of him before they have to pay him, then sign Cousins.

Luck, I don't get. Sanchez had a better completion rating, and didn't have a still dangerous Reggie Wayne and promising young wideouts. It's a disaster in todays NFL to have a sub 55% completion rating. and the interceptions lol.

Kaepernick. You stuff Gore and maintain the edge on him and all you have to do is beat on Crabtree and watch the futility unfold. We did it in the Clink, Ravens did it until the power outage. 94 targets in 10 games to Crabs most in the NFL over 10 games, better fix that.

Wilson beats out a high priced all but sure starter, plays on a run first, ball control offense, with arguably the worst WR corps of any rookie starter, and ties the rookie touchdown record, achieves a 100 passer rating, goes undefeated at home, on and on. All he had to do was hand the ball off and dink and dunk all year and no one would have faulted him lol.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":2u0dmpk9 said:
When did the strong argument that Luck probably shouldn't be ROTY in light of RW and RG3's performances get conflated with Luck somehow being awful? He's still the guy who was regarded as 'the best QB prospect I've ever seen' by many people. I bet if you polled NFL GM's right now, he'd probably win that poll as well. I love Russell, but let's not pretend that choosing Luck is patently absurd.

It most certainly is IF you consider that Russell Wilson was totaly ignored in that draft, because all the hype was heaped onto Luck and RGIII.
Hell, there are some prognosticators who have admitted that Wilson was under valued, under rated and pushed to the side because of that hype, and have him as of now, a top tier QB, that should have been taken in the first round.
There were a bunch of Coaches and GM's that lost their jobs because they were'nt diligent enough to SEE the potential upside of Russell Wilson,,All they could see was that he didn't fit the height specs. of what they perceived a great QB.
This National survey/poll, just shows that the majority of those pollsters are still hung up on the old concepts (like Kiper)
I believe without a doubt, that Wilson will shred those old beliefs all to hell.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":fkummp4c said:
He who laughs last...
He who laughs last is usually the guy is slowest at catching onto the joke :oops: Or even worse, :3: he just laughs because he does'nt want people to think that he's to dumb to even suspect that he didn't get it at all :16: