Now it’s the Titans studying the Seahawks’ offense

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• are you telling me that our boys from S.W. Alaska are trendsetters ?
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

• djTOY2000 wrote:are you telling me that our boys from S.W. Alaska are trendsetters ?

It's just amazing what has happened to the national perception of our team! It's just like the fog cleared and the Seahawks are head and shoulders above the rest of the NFL. If you have any doubts...just look where the money is going in Las Vegas.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• They love us....they really love us!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• I know our championship window is wide open, and there's no roster in NFL I'd trade ours for, but stuff like this really makes me feel even worse about the Atlanta game. We were the hot team going into playoffs that no one wanted to play, the one with the new innovative and unstoppable offense putting up historic numbers - 3 straight 50+ scores, etc - but we couldn't close deal this year like NYG did last year and GB the year before. And now everyone is going to school on and will be able to scheme against the offense in future.

Really feels like stars were aligned for us this past year. I don't feel as bad as I did right after the Atlanta loss, but the last few weeks I've been feeling more and more like we missed out on an unbelievable opportunity this past year. One we may not get again now that everyones studying our offense and duplicating the best parts of it.
    seattlest7
    NET Practice Squad

• Regarding the ATL game, the loss of Clemons the week before really killed us. I'm not sure we get past SF or BAL without him even if we hang on against ATL.
    E36M3
    NET Bench Warmer

• seattlest7 wrote:I know our championship window is wide open, and there's no roster in NFL I'd trade ours for, but stuff like this really makes me feel even worse about the Atlanta game. We were the hot team going into playoffs that no one wanted to play, the one with the new innovative and unstoppable offense putting up historic numbers - 3 straight 50+ scores, etc - but we couldn't close deal this year like NYG did last year and GB the year before. And now everyone is going to school on and will be able to scheme against the offense in future.

Really feels like stars were aligned for us this past year. I don't feel as bad as I did right after the Atlanta loss, but the last few weeks I've been feeling more and more like we missed out on an unbelievable opportunity this past year. One we may not get again now that everyones studying our offense and duplicating the best parts of it.

Oh ye of little faith. We have quite a few things in our base attack that are hard to stop, regardless of defensive game plan. All it take is few twists to keep 'em off balance.

And let's not forget we have a QB that tilts the field with his multiple threats, preparation, leadership and ability to improvise. We aren't talking about a one trick pony who only leans on his athletic ability (Mike Vick). That QB will have full reps with his receivers in TC and pre season. Not to mention Russell will be entrusted with making all of the calls next season. Would you bet against him quickly mastering that after what we've witnessed so far?

Stop our offense? All plans look good on paper. Slow them down for half of a game?...maybe 8-)
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Bigpumpkin wrote:
    djTOY2000 wrote:are you telling me that our boys from S.W. Alaska are trendsetters ?

It's just amazing what has happened to the national perception of our team! It's just like the fog cleared and the Seahawks are head and shoulders above the rest of the NFL. If you have any doubts...just look where the money is going in Las Vegas.

Very encouraging, but we're not completely clear of the fog yet. Just going to the NFL section of various websites will reveal most every team except the Hawks being mentioned. There is still ZERO Seahawks hats, T-shirts etc at my overseas military exchange, but you cam find all of the larger-market teams.
    My hope is the success of our team combined with the star power of PC, RW, Sherm etc will allow us to grab a larger market share, thus becoming more prominent. The 'success' will probably have to include a couple of SB victories, but why stop at 2? 8-)
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• djTOY2000 wrote:are you telling me that our boys from S.W. Alaska are trendsetters ?

Nope. We stole it from the Redskins.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Regarding the article. Not sure the read option is the right thing for Jake. I love Jake but when they tried it at UW, he didn't do so well. Never seemed to make the right read.
    birdman5
    NET Rookie

• Yup...Good Luck teams, you might have the blueprint...but we have Russell "the Robot" Wilson.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• Can Jake make good decisions in that style of offense? Running a successful option scheme takes more than just athleticism. RG3 and Kaepernick had years to learn the scheme in college. RW is a film-room beast and the definition of poise, so there's nothing schematically that he can't pick up on short notice. Those three guys also have above-average accuracy and arm strength, which is an essential element at the NFL level. You gotta be able to put the defenders on their heels a bit on the QB keepers. Otherwise, you're just running what Denver had with Tebow.

The read-option is only becoming a trend now because all these athletic QBs can throw the ball as well as any top-10 pocket passer. This type of talent is still extremely rare. There's no magic to it, and it's not going to work for every team.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Jake simply has not avoided big hits in his career. No way running a read option is a long term solution for the Titans, Jake will get hurt.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I like the idea if it's done in moderation like we do it. Use the read option to get Locker moving outside the pocket where he plays his best.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• All together now, real loud "thank you John and Pete"!.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• We really don't run a pure read option. Wilson sidesteps to open up throwing lanes and really only runs when he has to.
    Treefiddy
    NET Rookie

• Scottemojo wrote:Jake simply has not avoided big hits in his career. No way running a read option is a long term solution for the Titans, Jake will get hurt.

Yep.

Jake is too head-strong to be a long term QB anywhere or at any level, IMO. He plays every snap like time is expiring and the title is at stake. He shoulda' been a RB or safety. He still has not developed touch on his ball..long or short... and seems to get frustrated by that. When he gets frustrated, he runs, then wants to inflict bodily harm on would be tacklers. It's a recipe for disaster at this level. I think the Titans are going to hang him out to dry. Get what they can out of him then send him limping back to Ferndale. I love the kids fire and his loyalty to the Dawgs, but the smarter play would have been to come out early (to get that pre-cap money). I don't think he will be in the NFL much longer. Go Dawgs. Go Jake Locker.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Locker sucks
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Hawk Strap wrote:Locker sucks

Thanks for your insight!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

It's actually South East Alaska

Born and raised

NW 48
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

• The Seattle Seahawks stole the Pistol offense from Kyle Shanahan and the Washington Redskins.

The San Francisco 49ers followed suit.

There should be reprecussions for stealing without having been granted permission.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• birdman5 wrote:Regarding the article. Not sure the read option is the right thing for Jake. I love Jake but when they tried it at UW, he didn't do so well. Never seemed to make the right read.

+1, Jake is a great athlete but he's not the best upstairs. He always had trouble reading defenses.

Add in his durability issues and the fact he refuses to slide like RG3, I don't think this will end well.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    djTOY2000 wrote:are you telling me that our boys from S.W. Alaska are trendsetters ?

Nope. We stole it from the Redskins.

Who stole from Nevada
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:The Seattle Seahawks stole the Pistol offense from Kyle Shanahan and the Washington Redskins.

The San Francisco 49ers followed suit.

There should be reprecussions for stealing without having been granted permission.

So there's this college football team, Riggo, that plays their games about 275 miles south of Century Link field. You may have seen their funny looking uniforms. If Pete and Darrell Bevell wanted to copy anyone, they wouldn't go slumming by copying Kyle Shanahan. They'd copy the master, Chip Kelly.

Until Vick gets hurt, have fun defending the most complex zone read system in football. 8)
    camdawg
    NET Rookie

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information