Short funny story (Earl Thomas related)

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
So I was in New Orleans this past week for Mardi Gras (fun as hell by the way), and I found myself one night talking to a couple of girls with my buddies at the one bar. Long story short, they were local girls, and started talking about the craziness of the Super Bowl the past week. The discussion of "who's your favorite team" came up, and one of the girls immediately says "I love Seattle now!". This ofcourse, gets my attention right away and I start telling her my love for the Hawks.

She then starts to tell why she loves the Hawks, and as it turns out, Earl and "a friend with dreads who was full of himself" hit on her and her friend the week prior. At first thought I was considering it was Sherm, but as it turns out- it was actually Jamaal Charles. She said Charles was really full of himself but that Earl was actually a cool guy.

All of this was amazing me. Living on the East coast I rarely get to see or hear from any Hawks player, but then it went to a different level when she said "wanna call him?" She then holds a phone to my ear and it begins to ring. Being a little buzzed as it is, I'm freaking out because I have no idea what to say. Also, as you can imagine, I had my doubts because who knows who this actually is. All of a sudden the phone goes off and says "you have reached Earl Thomas blah blah blah leave a message" **Beep**

Not really knowing what to shout out, all that came out was "Ummmmmmmm hey Earl! You're the man dude. Legion of Boom Baby. It's your number one fan here in New Orleans stop on down! And oh yeah Taylor Mays sucks"

She then showed me a picture on her phone to confirm she actually met them so it was really cool to realize what had just happened. Overall, just a simple funny story that I can tell down the line. Now, when Earl makes a play in a game I can think in my mind it's all thanks to my voice mail.

drdiags

Reaction score
He probably is starting to realize he needs to be more diligent on who he gives his number to. Sounds like a good time though. It has been awhile since I have been down that way. Loved the hospitality I was shown back in the day.

Upper 9th is where my gal lived. Ponchatrain Park (?) area.

hai

Reaction score
Guess most people wanna know, guess i'll ask, was the girl attractive? Even though i can care less since she is like 5 hours away from us, lol.
And Jamaal Charles and Earl Thomas...haha, and Thomas has game i bet.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Uh, isn't Earl married with a new baby? If so, I lost a bit of respect for the dude personally. Men. GAH!

Rat

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3hpwlhy7 said:
Uh, isn't Earl married with a new baby? If so, I lost a bit of respect for the dude personally. Men. GAH!
Buffalo's story made it sound like Earl might have just been Charles' wingman. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":a7unr538 said:

I don't think he is married. It didnt sound like he was doing anything anyway.

Reaction score
Hmm a wingman who gave his number to the woman that he was being the wingman for his buddy...hmmm.... :stirthepot:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Rat":1hpbirmv said:
Seahwkgal":1hpbirmv said:
Buffalo's story made it sound like Earl might have just been Charles' wingman. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Hahaha. Yeah, okay.

OP
OP
BuffaloHawk

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
hai":a7ojwqt1 said:
Guess most people wanna know, guess i'll ask, was the girl attractive? Even though i can care less since she is like 5 hours away from us, lol.

She was definitely attractive. 22 years old (if she was telling the truth). The girl mostly had bad things to say about Jamaal though. She claimed the he was the type to say "Do you know who I am?" all the time to people.

I should mention after I did call, a couple hours later Earl texted her back asking "who is this?", so obviously he doesn't even remember her after a week :)

bellingerga

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1kk4vxje said:

ridiculous.

First off, you don't know if ANY of this is true.

Secondly, he didn't bang her, he talked to her.(if the story is true)

Don't believe everything you read on forums, or you'll end up believing alot of stupid stuff. Anyone can say anything. You'd think people would have this figured out by now.

Throwdown

Reaction score
BuffaloHawk":l4lo3q2a said:
hai":l4lo3q2a said:

She was definitely attractive. 22 years old (if she was telling the truth). The girl mostly had bad things to say about Jamaal though. She claimed the he was the type to say "Do you know who I am?" all the time to people.

I should mention after I did call, a couple hours later Earl texted her back asking "who is this?", so obviously he doesn't even remember her after a week :)

That was his baby mama!

Rat

Reaction score
BuffaloHawk":1xuf90xk said:
Or he was confused when the number he thought belonged to a hot woman yielded a voicemail from some random, likely intoxicated man yelling something about Taylor Mays.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2c596ozg said:

You must be exhausted from jumping to so many conclusions!

OP
OP
BuffaloHawk

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
bellingerga":v974gup1 said:
Seahwkgal":v974gup1 said:

ridiculous.

First off, you don't know if ANY of this is true.

Secondly, he didn't bang her, he talked to her.(if the story is true)

Don't believe everything you read on forums, or you'll end up believing alot of stupid stuff. Anyone can say anything. You'd think people would have this figured out by now.

Don't ruin my chance to turn everyone against ET.

But in all seriousness, yes lets not jump to Earl being a bad person or something. Just thought it was cool to leave a voice mail on the guys phone. ET is the man.

OP
OP
BuffaloHawk

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
Rat":44uc9ddx said:
BuffaloHawk":44uc9ddx said:
Or he was confused when the number he thought belonged to a hot woman yielded a voicemail from some random, likely intoxicated man yelling something about Taylor Mays.

:lol: very very true.

garydrake425

Reaction score
BuffaloHawk":3vt4q4vf said:
Rat":3vt4q4vf said:
BuffaloHawk":3vt4q4vf said:

:lol: very very true.

Ok now I can picture this.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
And my post about the height of Seahawks players got moved to the lounge. Aye yi yi.

two dog

Reaction score
Astounding how a simple anecdote in which no one was killed can devolve into
finger shaking moral judgements. Consider me among the enlightened.........sort of.

Latest posts