Short funny story (Earl Thomas related)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Short funny story (Earl Thomas related)
Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:15 am
  • So I was in New Orleans this past week for Mardi Gras (fun as hell by the way), and I found myself one night talking to a couple of girls with my buddies at the one bar. Long story short, they were local girls, and started talking about the craziness of the Super Bowl the past week. The discussion of "who's your favorite team" came up, and one of the girls immediately says "I love Seattle now!". This ofcourse, gets my attention right away and I start telling her my love for the Hawks.

She then starts to tell why she loves the Hawks, and as it turns out, Earl and "a friend with dreads who was full of himself" hit on her and her friend the week prior. At first thought I was considering it was Sherm, but as it turns out- it was actually Jamaal Charles. She said Charles was really full of himself but that Earl was actually a cool guy.

All of this was amazing me. Living on the East coast I rarely get to see or hear from any Hawks player, but then it went to a different level when she said "wanna call him?" She then holds a phone to my ear and it begins to ring. Being a little buzzed as it is, I'm freaking out because I have no idea what to say. Also, as you can imagine, I had my doubts because who knows who this actually is. All of a sudden the phone goes off and says "you have reached Earl Thomas blah blah blah leave a message" **Beep**

Not really knowing what to shout out, all that came out was "Ummmmmmmm hey Earl! You're the man dude. Legion of Boom Baby. It's your number one fan here in New Orleans stop on down! And oh yeah Taylor Mays sucks"

She then showed me a picture on her phone to confirm she actually met them so it was really cool to realize what had just happened. Overall, just a simple funny story that I can tell down the line. Now, when Earl makes a play in a game I can think in my mind it's all thanks to my voice mail.
    BuffaloHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• He probably is starting to realize he needs to be more diligent on who he gives his number to. Sounds like a good time though. It has been awhile since I have been down that way. Loved the hospitality I was shown back in the day.

Upper 9th is where my gal lived. Ponchatrain Park (?) area.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Guess most people wanna know, guess i'll ask, was the girl attractive? Even though i can care less since she is like 5 hours away from us, lol.
    And Jamaal Charles and Earl Thomas...haha, and Thomas has game i bet.
    hai
    NET Starter

• Uh, isn't Earl married with a new baby? If so, I lost a bit of respect for the dude personally. Men. GAH!
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Seahwkgal wrote:Uh, isn't Earl married with a new baby? If so, I lost a bit of respect for the dude personally. Men. GAH!

Buffalo's story made it sound like Earl might have just been Charles' wingman. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Seahwkgal wrote:Uh, isn't Earl married with a new baby? If so, I lost a bit of respect for the dude personally. Men. GAH!

I don't think he is married. It didnt sound like he was doing anything anyway.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Hmm a wingman who gave his number to the woman that he was being the wingman for his buddy...hmmm.... :stirthepot:
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Rookie

• Rat wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:Uh, isn't Earl married with a new baby? If so, I lost a bit of respect for the dude personally. Men. GAH!

Buffalo's story made it sound like Earl might have just been Charles' wingman. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Hahaha. Yeah, okay.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• hai wrote:Guess most people wanna know, guess i'll ask, was the girl attractive? Even though i can care less since she is like 5 hours away from us, lol.

She was definitely attractive. 22 years old (if she was telling the truth). The girl mostly had bad things to say about Jamaal though. She claimed the he was the type to say "Do you know who I am?" all the time to people.

I should mention after I did call, a couple hours later Earl texted her back asking "who is this?", so obviously he doesn't even remember her after a week :)
    BuffaloHawk
    NET Practice Squad

ridiculous.

First off, you don't know if ANY of this is true.

Secondly, he didn't bang her, he talked to her.(if the story is true)

Don't believe everything you read on forums, or you'll end up believing alot of stupid stuff. Anyone can say anything. You'd think people would have this figured out by now.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• BuffaloHawk wrote:
    hai wrote:Guess most people wanna know, guess i'll ask, was the girl attractive? Even though i can care less since she is like 5 hours away from us, lol.

She was definitely attractive. 22 years old (if she was telling the truth). The girl mostly had bad things to say about Jamaal though. She claimed the he was the type to say "Do you know who I am?" all the time to people.

I should mention after I did call, a couple hours later Earl texted her back asking "who is this?", so obviously he doesn't even remember her after a week :)

That was his baby mama!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• BuffaloHawk wrote:I should mention after I did call, a couple hours later Earl texted her back asking "who is this?", so obviously he doesn't even remember her after a week :)

Or he was confused when the number he thought belonged to a hot woman yielded a voicemail from some random, likely intoxicated man yelling something about Taylor Mays.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

You must be exhausted from jumping to so many conclusions!
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• bellingerga wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:Uh, isn't Earl married with a new baby? If so, I lost a bit of respect for the dude personally. Men. GAH!

ridiculous.

First off, you don't know if ANY of this is true.

Secondly, he didn't bang her, he talked to her.(if the story is true)

Don't believe everything you read on forums, or you'll end up believing alot of stupid stuff. Anyone can say anything. You'd think people would have this figured out by now.

Don't ruin my chance to turn everyone against ET.

But in all seriousness, yes lets not jump to Earl being a bad person or something. Just thought it was cool to leave a voice mail on the guys phone. ET is the man.
    BuffaloHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• Rat wrote:
    BuffaloHawk wrote:I should mention after I did call, a couple hours later Earl texted her back asking "who is this?", so obviously he doesn't even remember her after a week :)

Or he was confused when the number he thought belonged to a hot woman yielded a voicemail from some random, likely intoxicated man yelling something about Taylor Mays.

:lol: very very true.
    BuffaloHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• BuffaloHawk wrote:
    Rat wrote:
    BuffaloHawk wrote:I should mention after I did call, a couple hours later Earl texted her back asking "who is this?", so obviously he doesn't even remember her after a week :)

:lol: very very true.

Ok now I can picture this.
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

• And my post about the height of Seahawks players got moved to the lounge. Aye yi yi.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Astounding how a simple anecdote in which no one was killed can devolve into
    finger shaking moral judgements. Consider me among the enlightened.........sort of.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information