SHERM!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
SHERM!
Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:01 pm
  • Don't know if this has ever been posted before and was wondering why we never used Sherman's at wide out to stretch field a little on a play here or there. Heard he was a hell of a receiver and some of his picks were like he was running the route lol. Dude can play! That is my next jersey. Mr. Sherman #25. BOOM!
    streets24
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: SHERM!
Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:12 pm
  • I'm guessing they don't want to risk injuring their best player on defense just to stretch the field on a few plays of offense. Sherm, however, did say recently he was going to play a little receiver during OTAs.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm
  • It has been discussed quite a bit actually. I don't know where the posts are... but there was a discussion about why he moved to CB in the first place, and it was basically because Harbaugh is a complete d-bag. Somebody else can tell the whole story better than I can. But when that story was told, there was a lot of discussion about using him at least once in a while on offense like teams used to do with Deion and Woodson in their primes.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm
  • I listened to a WSU pregame last year and Sherm's name came up. The way they told it, he was good, and torched WSU in one particular game.

I looked at some of his WR highlights. It'll come as a shock to no one, but he seemed to show up when the game was on the line. He made a HUGE catch, while taking a brutal hit, on the final drive of Harbaugh's initial win at USC.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:25 pm
  • He's an All-Pro CB. I'd prefer he do the hitting rather than get hit.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:48 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:He's an All-Pro CB. I'd prefer he do the hitting rather than get hit.

Amen brother!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:53 pm
  • Sorry Basis and Soc, we'll try to keep this forum free of fun hypotheticals. I mean, its the offseason and there's plenty to discuss. And, two-way players are unprecedented, its never happened. Not even Neon did it.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:57 pm
  • I wanna see it!

Doesn't he sit in on receiver meetings sometimes? Or am I totally making this up in my head? I swear I remember a story like that.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:58 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Sorry Basis and Soc, we'll try to keep this forum free of fun hypotheticals. I mean, its the offseason and there's plenty to discuss. And, two-way players are unprecedented, its never happened. Not even Neon did it.

You do realize i'm allowed disagree, right?
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:11 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:It has been discussed quite a bit actually. I don't know where the posts are... but there was a discussion about why he moved to CB in the first place, and it was basically because Harbaugh is a complete d-bag. Somebody else can tell the whole story better than I can. But when that story was told, there was a lot of discussion about using him at least once in a while on offense like teams used to do with Deion and Woodson in their primes.

I watched an interview of Harbaugh's a while back. When it was brought up, he said that Sherman was the one who initiated the idea, not Harbaugh.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:20 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:It has been discussed quite a bit actually. I don't know where the posts are... but there was a discussion about why he moved to CB in the first place, and it was basically because Harbaugh is a complete d-bag. Somebody else can tell the whole story better than I can. But when that story was told, there was a lot of discussion about using him at least once in a while on offense like teams used to do with Deion and Woodson in their primes.

I watched an interview of Harbaugh's a while back. When it was brought up, he said that Sherman was the one who initiated the idea, not Harbaugh.

It's a bit of both, but yes. It was Sherman's idea:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--seaha ... 00233.html
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:23 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:It has been discussed quite a bit actually. I don't know where the posts are... but there was a discussion about why he moved to CB in the first place, and it was basically because Harbaugh is a complete d-bag. Somebody else can tell the whole story better than I can. But when that story was told, there was a lot of discussion about using him at least once in a while on offense like teams used to do with Deion and Woodson in their primes.

saw it in a post on here before about one of our members meeting richard sherman.. lets just say harbaugh is kind of passing the buck... this was the interaction we got from our member talking to sherm..

I said to him, "you have played for two very good coaches, I’m sure that you can talk about something they've told you to push you harder and be successful" He replied to me and said "I only played for one good coach, I hated Harbaugh and at one point I was almost released from the team, I had to switch to DB or I would be a gonner". I was really surprised! He went on to talk about how Baldwin and Harbaugh were not on best terms as well but did not eleborate...not really sure what that meant.

harbaugh is a douchebag and the whole league knows it now.. everyone saw him throwing temper tantrums during the superbowl and im sure soon enough there will be some guys that leave san fran that have the same to say...
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:25 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:

Yeah, the long n short is Harbaugh kinda plays favorites like a HS girl at times. Dont get all emotional about that, Holmgren did that too.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:54 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:

He never said or implied that it was Harbaugh's idea. We had a big thread about this like 6 months ago, and Sherman was quoted as saying he made the decision to do it because he'd be able to avoid Harbaugh most of the time.

Doesn't bode well for your coach. Things are fine while he's winning a ton, but I imagine the players will turn on him rather quickly whenever that changes.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:19 pm
  • This was brought up on the radio when I lived in San Diego after the first draft with Harbaugh as the HC for the 49ers

Long story short: Sherm went from being a WR at the top of the depth charts to the bottom because of some altercation between Sherman and Harbaugh. Source said this basically had nearly everything to do with Harbaugh (shocking, I know). He then initiated the idea at moving to CB because he didn't want to be mistreated and be on the bench rather than starting.

I don't remember the source. It was before Sherman blew up and he was not Seattle based, so it was no biased at all. Well, unless he doesn't like Harbaugh I guess.

They then went on to interview a kid that played for Harbaugh from the University of San Diego. He said he was a great coach and not surprised he got the job for Stanford and then for San Fransisco, but that he was a complete asshole and a lot of players did not really like him. He went on to talk about his competitiveness, ego, etc... Just thought I would throw this in :)

He gave it a shot and was obviously a stud CB as well.
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:24 pm
  • Given Harbaugh's concept of always wanting to "move on with humble hearts"...I can understand perhaps why Harbaugh had a problem with Sherman.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:34 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:Given Harbaugh's concept of always wanting to "move on with humble hearts"...I can understand perhaps why Harbaugh had a problem with Sherman.

Yeah, because I think humility when I think of Harbaugh.

49er fans are fascinating...they will not give an inch on this issue.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:37 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Given Harbaugh's concept of always wanting to "move on with humble hearts"...I can understand perhaps why Harbaugh had a problem with Sherman.

Yeah, because I think humility when I think of Harbaugh.

49er fans are fascinating...they will not give an inch on this issue.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When people throw childlike tantrums in the public eye, it's the result of a sense of entitlement, which last time I checked, is not humility.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:54 pm
  • Yea .... that family sets the SF example for wanting to "move on with humble hearts"

"That's really a tough question because I really don't like Seattle at all " ..... Sarah Harbaugh
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:42 pm
  • I'd be a little tentative about moving him to receiver a bunch, but I'd love to see the occasional offensive play a la Seneca Wallace in the '05 NFC Championship game. That'd be quite a wrinkle.

Still, it's pretty hard for guys to play both sides of the field these days. At least Wallace was an offensive player who really didn't see the field much.

Oh, and:

NinerLifer wrote:Given Harbaugh's concept of always wanting to "move on with humble hearts"...I can understand perhaps why Harbaugh had a problem with Sherman.

I like it!

"Move on with humble hearts."

- Jim Harbaugh
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:48 pm
  • He's a passionate coach that doesn't like to see the team get cheated. His passion for the game gives results that other teams can only wish for.

No complaints from me! :)

So you guys have a problem with Harbaugh's antics but not Sherman's? Interesting.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:59 pm
  • A Sherman offensive TD versus his old coach would really fire up the twitterverse :)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:00 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:He's a passionate coach that doesn't like to see the team get cheated. His passion for the game gives results that other teams can only wish for.

So you guys have a problem with Harbaugh's antics but not Sherman's? Interesting.

Sherman talks too much sometimes, but I have no problem with his trash talking because he gets in his opponents head.
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:32 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:He's a passionate coach that doesn't like to see the team get cheated. His passion for the game gives results that other teams can only wish for.

Are you trying to make an analogy with a head coaches antics versus a players antics? That won't really work.
    fsmassey
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:36 pm
  • Hairball is suppose to be the leader of your team, sets the example and standard and rules of how the team operates.

Having said that how would everyone feel thats a 49er fan if all the players reacted like Hairball when a call didn't go their way during a game. Sherman talks but isn't stupid enough to cost the team during a game from his antics. I see emulation of Hairball happining here soon on the field. Hairball did it as a player also but because he was a QB got away with it a lot. Have a safety or DB and linebacker WR do it and wtach the flags fly.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:12 pm
  • ya he seemed really humble when he congratulated his brother for wining the superbowl...
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:27 pm
  • go away.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:48 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:He's a passionate coach that doesn't like to see the team get cheated.

When, exactly, did the team get cheated? I ask because I recall a total of zero times unless maybe you count the time with replacement refs, but that went both ways of course.

Man, if he acted like that every time because of being "cheated" you guys are getting screwed at least 100 times a season!
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:06 pm
  • I am starting to get tired of his pop off. He is great and I love his play but, let it speak for itself. He recently smashed Roddy White and explained the TD in the playoff TD wasn't his fault or his coverage but he wont call out a teamate. He just did.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:00 pm
  • I haven't seen Sherm bitch about a call over and over in the media, AFTER the game like Harbaugh does.

And Harbaugh does it repeatedly. I get competitive spirit...hell our coach seems to be redefining it, but you won't see him bitch about call in the media over and over like Harbaugh does. It's also funny, but the calls against the Niners are never correct, and SF rarely gets enough calls according to him, but you guys got to a SB, then got graced with a freakin power outage, and he still bitches.

No power outage, that game is 49-13.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information