Delanie Walker?

What do you think?

• Yes, Attempt to Sign Walker

Votes: 50 61.7%
  • No, I think he will cost to much

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • No, I wouldn't like the move

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • No, Id rather sign (Name another FA, or player in draft in reply)

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Titans have already said they're going to franchise Jared Cook if they can't come to a long term deal. I'd rather just get one in the draft, i'm tired of us signing receivers and tight ends to high priced deals to only get a fraction of their production from the year prior.

We can draft either a blocking tight end and have him stay to block while having Miller splitting out wide or get a receiving tight end and have Miller blocking and catching.

pugs1

Reaction score
rix98":1smvg5y9 said:
EastCoastHawksFan":1smvg5y9 said:
Walker is a playmaker , a number 1 in most places.
I don't think he'll be back to be honest. I think the 49ers are looking at a bigger sized TE that can be more effective in the end zone. Walker is a good player who would help make Seattles offense better...I hope he doesn't sign in Seattle for my own selfish reasons.

I hope he does sign for mine! Walker went to my alma mater. Go Mules!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would love to get Walker away from the Niners, but I think that they will resign him.

Jville

Reaction score
I think we signed our version of Delanie Walker from the 49ers a couple of years ago in the form of Michael Robinson. Robinson has been a very versatile and productive player who became an excellent fit in at full back position in addition to his outstanding special teams work.

IMHO The Seahawks have already placed their veteran bets at FB and TE thru this coming season. There is limited existing room in the 2013 budget. Bottom fishing or an attractive salary/cap rookie looks more likely to me.

NorCal

Reaction score
I absolutely think the Niners may let him walk. Any Niner fan who says there is no way they do that is burying their head in the sand a bit. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the Niners draft one of Stanford's TEs

zayden185

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2jo3fdmq said:
It is a no brainer that a deal will be done and we will bring him back.

Not with Davis on the roster....he wants to get paid mother sucker

$$ talks

Most versatile TE in league dare I say? Off the top of my head?

Was gonna say Hernandez but he dosnt play FB.

Could almost say he's as valuable as Davis is in that offense. In the form kimon him up all over

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Pete has made it abundantly clear that he and John want to build this franchise via the Draft. While this discussion is "fun", the probability of us paying for several FA is highly unlikely.

Bat9th

Reaction score
I would LOVE Walker. I'd go as far to say if I were the Niners I would prefer to keep Walker over Davis.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":vofdegvh said:
Pete has made it abundantly clear that he and John want to build this franchise via the Draft. While this discussion is "fun", the probability of us paying for several FA is highly unlikely.

The franchise is pretty much "built". And while the draft is the preferred route, they have been aggressive in free agency (Sidney Rice, Zach Miller, Matt Flynn being the most obvious and expensive examples).

Anything is possible.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3pu4hboi said:
Bigpumpkin":3pu4hboi said:

The franchise is pretty much "built". And while the draft is the preferred route, they have been aggressive in free agency (Sidney Rice, Zach Miller, Matt Flynn being the most obvious and expensive examples).

Anything is possible.

True...but I'm saying that they aren't going into "cap hell" with a "2013 or Bust" attitude!

hawker84

Reaction score
he's another McCoy.. talented and very atheletic.. can make some great plays, but will also drop the easiest pass at the most critical times... we already have McCoy to do that... don't need another one.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
I'd rather get Jared Cook but I would be all for this signing if the price is right. Help us and hurt or rival at the same time

OP
OP
checkdanews

checkdanews

Reaction score
Sheesh The Yugoslavian...Seeing your signature still hurts! just thinking about the talent we could of had with that 4th overall pick in 09 still friggin hurts! Your sig just ruined the rest of my valentines day lol

McGruff

Reaction score
checkdanews":g0aqqol3 said:
Sheesh The Yugoslavian...Seeing your signature still hurts! just thinking about the talent we could of had with that 4th overall pick in 09 still friggin hurts! Your sig just ruined the rest of my valentines day lol

Strange thing is that I'm not sure Curry would make a top five list of the worst picks that year . . .

Jason Smith
Tyson Jackson
Mark Sanchez
Darius Heyward Bey
Aaron Maybin
Larry English

Throwdown

Reaction score
checkdanews":tvp6ed0x said:
NinerLifer":tvp6ed0x said:

wouldn't exactly call it a no brainer, he said before the 2012 season he would like to return, but if he gets offered more money, and/or a starting job...I think he will be gone, its a business first and foremost...plus we said the same thing about Carlson...now he's on the vikings.

Anybody else notice the NFC North has alot of Ex hawks?

Who said Carlson was going to be back? that boy was gone and JS & PC couldn't of cared less.

OP
OP
checkdanews

checkdanews

Reaction score
Throwdown":19hz10xu said:
checkdanews":19hz10xu said:
NinerLifer":19hz10xu said:

wouldn't exactly call it a no brainer, he said before the 2012 season he would like to return, but if he gets offered more money, and/or a starting job...I think he will be gone, its a business first and foremost...plus we said the same thing about Carlson...now he's on the vikings.

Anybody else notice the NFC North has alot of Ex hawks?

Who said Carlson was going to be back? that boy was gone and JS & PC couldn't of cared less.

Ummm I dunno were you got that from, I remember seeing how excited Pete was for him and Zack to really get sometime on the field together, and if I remember right Pete said many times he wanted john to resign with the hawks, even after not knowing how he would respond with his injury, also remember us getting outbid by the vikings, John just wanted more money then we could offer...a quick google search shows this quote from a presser

"we're hoping we can get that done and get him [John] back with us."