Fresh Seahawk QB news

pehawk

Reaction score
I like the Pryor idea, but doubt the Raiders are ready to part ways.

Man, its FUN discussing back-up QB possibilities. Way more fun than the discussing starting QB possibilities.

The PS dude that started Week 17 for the Browns looked intriguing.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
tooshort":1l3wgftr said:
here's an easy qualifier of "can't throw and isn't a real QB"

Tim Tebow in 15 career starts has 12 games at or UNDER 50% completion percentage and a whopping ONE game over 56% with a total career average of 47.9%

Argue away for the reality of those numbers representing a "real" qb :pukeface:

lets have some fun and go over your "end all" career completion % information that constitutes a "real" QB

Doug Williams 49.5%
Tim Tebow 47.9
George Blanda 47.7%

Were you one of the racist who said Doug was not a real QB, or are you just religiously bias?
George Blanda is in the Hall of Fame, Did anyone question if he was a "real" QB

And if career % mattered at all to determine if you are a "real" QB, I don't think T-jack and Dan Marino would be locked up at 59.4%

The list goes on and on of QBs who had a rough 15 games and then went on to greatness!

If you play a QB, you are a QB, its that simple...don't be someone's tool.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Spokane":2mug57ak said:
Info from ESPN.com Tebow completed 75% of his passes in 2012...If the jets were not flat out retarded, they would have played him more.

That 75% makes him one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL last year by about 7%...He is one solution to the problem
That might be because he threw a grand total of 8 passes.

In 2011, as a starter, his completion rate was 46.5%.

http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/497135/profile

DavidSeven

Reaction score
sc85sis":35xi1ae2 said:
Spokane":35xi1ae2 said:
Info from ESPN.com Tebow completed 75% of his passes in 2012...If the jets were not flat out retarded, they would have played him more.

That 75% makes him one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL last year by about 7%...He is one solution to the problem
That might be because he threw a grand total of 8 passes.

In 2011, as a starter, his completion rate was 46.5%.

To be fair to Tebow, Denver only really allowed him to throw the ball on low-percentage third-and-long plays.

I still don't think he's a legit NFL QB. But I'd like to see him start somewhere (else) just for the entertainment value.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Spokane":3p47rmst said:
tooshort":3p47rmst said:

Tim Tebow in 15 career starts has 12 games at or UNDER 50% completion percentage and a whopping ONE game over 56% with a total career average of 47.9%

lets have some fun and go over your "end all" career completion % information that constitutes a "real" QB

Doug Williams 49.5%
Tim Tebow 47.9
George Blanda 47.7%

Were you one of the racist who said Doug was not a real QB, or are you just religiously bias?

And if career % mattered at all to determine if you are a "real" QB, I don't think T-jack and Dan Marino would be locked up at 59.4%

The list goes on and on of QBs who had a rough 15 games and then went on to greatness!

Why is it that the completion percentage is such a great indicator when you originally used it, but it's not a great indicator when it's shown to go against what you originally thought and posted?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3ptclbaq said:
Regardless of how we feel about it...I too am sensing a very realistic possibility of a Seahawks - TJack reunion.
Good point.

pehawk

Reaction score
When Tebow does complete passes, it's in scenarios where he buys time. I.e., anything NOT involving a traditional 5-7 step drop. He'll never be accurate in a "drop and throw to that spot" system. But, that's not what Seattle runs either, really.

He played in Denver kinda similar to Wilson the first 2-3 weeks of the season. Tim was ugly, yet clutch.

I get it, the anti-Tebow thing's the hipster thing to do, because you can buck ESPN and the national coverage machine, but he would NOT be an awful choice. Not at all.

tooshort

Reaction score
Spokane":3roij7c4 said:
tooshort":3roij7c4 said:

Doug Williams 49.5%
Tim Tebow 47.9
George Blanda 47.7%

So we're arguing over the definition or implication of the word real? :177692:
everyone that plays QB is a QB, some just suck at what they do.

Religious bias? Racism? whaaaaaa??? Troll much?

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
kidhawk":23xt01md said:
Why is it that the completion percentage is such a great indicator when you originally used it, but it's not a great indicator when it's shown to go against what you originally thought and posted?

The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and last year Tim made 75% of his passes.

So with that I was trying to say, "Hey wait a minute, you may think he is inaccurate, but just last year he proved us all wrong when given the chance".

Then one fine member got crafty and pulled out all the stops to find a negative within Tim's game with a career stat (to show Tebow is not a real QB) . However I noted that there were other QBs with worse career stats however they are considered very good.

I think we all have missed on the answer to finding Wilson Jr! And the winner is...Denard "Shoelace" Robinson from Michigan. He is the fastest QB in the nation. He runs a 4.3 40

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
tooshort":jlbm51gd said:
So we're arguing over the definition or implication of the word real? :177692:
everyone that plays QB is a QB, some just suck at what they do.

Religious bias? Racism? whaaaaaa??? Troll much?

Before you call names remember you said Tim was not a QB, but then you switched to the idea that "He sucks" That is a huge difference.
Now you are trying to act like you were using a QB tier system like WR vs. a #1 WR.
If you say something, stick to your guns or admit you were wrong (it happens to all of us) Don't try to find loopholes to cover up your beliefs.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'd trade Flynn to Buffalo for TJ! straight up. Then they'd have both the QB's that look exactly like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":8n1wnxi3 said:
I'd trade Flynn to Buffalo for TJ! straight up. Then they'd have both the QB's that look exactly like Ryan Fitzpatrick.
LOL you're right. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a dead ringer for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Matt Flynn looks more like Ryan Fitzpatrick, though.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
pinksheets":389t2kfh said:
Zebulon Dak":389t2kfh said:
LOL you're right. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a dead ringer for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Matt Flynn looks more like Ryan Fitzpatrick, though.

Nobody looks more like Ryan Fitzpatrick than Ryan Fitzpatrick but Matt Flynn is a close 2nd. Except at football. Fitz > Flynn.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
lets check the tape...pretty freaking close!

Attachments

• flynn.jpg
    flynn.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,073
  • fitz.jpg
    fitz.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 1,073

pinksheets

Reaction score
Zeb, you're looking at those pictures and you're going to tell me that Flynn isn't at least 20% more Fitz than Fitz?

pehawk

Reaction score
Colt McCoy is growing a beard, and I'd hope he'd join his crew in Buffalo. 3 small white guys, w/weak arms, championship.