Percy Harvin's Availaibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
SharkHawk":21bixsd9 said:
NinerLifer":21bixsd9 said:
Hawken-Dazs":21bixsd9 said:

Keep the topic on Harvin, please. Thanks.

42-13

But yet week 16 of LAST season has nothing to do with Harvin either.

If that single game is the driver for why some of you aren't worried about Harvin maybe becoming a Niner this year, then WOW.

And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.

What really doesn't make sense is you acting like you gave us a pounding in SF. You won by what? One score? What was the shape of our offense then? What was the situation with dropped balls? We were 1 play away from beating you at your place early in the season.... you could have played us for a week straight and still not caught up when we played you late in the year.

You know as well as we all do that you guys had to wear a diaper when we played Atlanta, and you KNOW you all cheered like maniacs when they kicked that field goal. You fear us. So you're here. We don't hang out on your board. Know why? Because we have no fear of your team. We ARE talking about our team. You just played in the Super Bowl and you're here on a Seahawks board talking about the Seahawks. That to me shows me where your fan's heads are, and usually the fans are a reflection of the organization. The 49ers know the window just closed a bit more. Disagree if you want, but the only way I'll believe you is if you leave and don't respond. ;)[/quote]

Yes we played in the Superbowl, and are the reigning NFC Champions. HOWEVER, us fans are already looking to next year and excited to see what it holds. Paying attention to the teams in our division is common sense, not fear. Believe what you want, but paying attention to what ALL of the teams in our division are doing during the off season is again common sense. And yes, I am sure that it is a reflection of what our team is doing as well. Also paying attention to the Rams and Cards MB's, so you are not unique.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I don't waste my time at other team's message boards. Just sayin.......

themunn

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3bszp65p said:
Okay.. Your sentiments about Ponder's play explains why Minnesota believes Ponder>>Flynn.
I'm not sure that your opinion of Harvin's 'average' body of work and piss poor attitude explains why he's likely going to get 10 mil/year while Flynn struggles to find a starting job despite a paycut this upcoming season.
Harvin was a rookie in 2009 with 925 yards from scrimmage and 1100 yards returning kicks. He was the ideal counterpunch to Rice's 1300 yards receiving. But I'm sure you knew that. Harvin's contributions per salary were>>>>Flynn's and that's what's hurts right?

Huh what? Flynn is not relevant to what Harvin is capable of.
925 yards from scrimmage is OK... for 75 touches of the ball - but that was also probably his best season... 4 years ago.
But he's not even the best WR from the 2009 draft class available this offseason (that'd be Mike Wallace, who was a 3rd round pick... so good wide receivers CAN be found in the middle to later rounds)

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":k9pvqo2t said:

I do it because it is easier than searching multiple sports websites for information on the teams I am interested in. As fans, if we find something that is news worthy regarding our team we post it on our MB. One stop shop for everything relevant, or presumed to be relevant. Kind of a no brainer if you ask me. ;)

SharkHawk

Reaction score
[/quote]

But yet week 16 of LAST season has nothing to do with Harvin either.

If that single game is the driver for why some of you aren't worried about Harvin maybe becoming a Niner this year, then WOW.

And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.[/quote]

What really doesn't make sense is you acting like you gave us a pounding in SF. You won by what? One score? What was the shape of our offense then? What was the situation with dropped balls? We were 1 play away from beating you at your place early in the season.... you could have played us for a week straight and still not caught up when we played you late in the year.

You know as well as we all do that you guys had to wear a diaper when we played Atlanta, and you KNOW you all cheered like maniacs when they kicked that field goal. You fear us. So you're here. We don't hang out on your board. Know why? Because we have no fear of your team. We ARE talking about our team. You just played in the Super Bowl and you're here on a Seahawks board talking about the Seahawks. That to me shows me where your fan's heads are, and usually the fans are a reflection of the organization. The 49ers know the window just closed a bit more. Disagree if you want, but the only way I'll believe you is if you leave and don't respond. ;)[/quote]

Yes we played in the Superbowl, and are the reigning NFC Champions. HOWEVER, us fans are already looking to next year and excited to see what it holds. Paying attention to the teams in our division is common sense, not fear. Believe what you want, but paying attention to what ALL of the teams in our division are doing during the off season is again common sense. And yes, I am sure that it is a reflection of what our team is doing as well. Also paying attention to the Rams and Cards MB's, so you are not unique.[/quote]

Paying attention? Fine. Spending your whole life here trying to convince us all of how much better your team is? Foolish waste of time. Pop in, read a few things. Fine. But why is your 49er fan buddy there getting involved on a discussion about Percy Harvin and then talking about how we're only good at home and neener neener? It makes no sense. I'd usually just think the guy was a bored troll, but I've come to realize that niners fans are scared to death of the Hawks. That's why they are here. Admit it. I don't hang out on 9ers board, Rams board, or Cards boards? Do you know why? Because I'm a Seahawks fan and I don't give two squirts what those teams do, because I know our management and coaches will do a better job either way and we will kick all of your butts.

So yeah... no point to "check up on the rest" when you already know and are confident that your team is going to win. If you were as confident as us, you'd do the same. You aren't. So you all reside here in the offseason shaking in your boots at what the Seahawks will do to further step up and surpass you. We've done it since the day we walked into this division consistently and after a couple of rebuilding years next year we'll be dominant once again.

Realize this. We were in a REBUILDING year with a rookie QB and newbies at the corners and LBer positions and still smoked you toward the end of the season, and if not for one really dumb play in Atlanta likely would have beaten you again. If not.... we were still in year 3 of a 4 year rebuilding plan and were 30 seconds away from playing your team that finally made it back after what 15 years and were one play better than us. No way you feel confident going into next season. No way in heck.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
NinerLifer":viqikwwr said:
chris98251":viqikwwr said:
Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.

That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.

Wow. Talk about some FEAR talking, brother. Thanks for putting into context SF's attitude about the Hawks - the Hawks will never lose at home again - we will take homefield advantage and the Niners will have to play in the Clink in the Conference Championship - and get their asses handed to them - again. :(

NinerLifer

Reaction score
LOL, like I said when I first joined this MB I am not here to troll. So I will let you guys assume whatever you want about what us Niner fans are thinking of your team. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. :th2thumbs:

SharkHawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":ec27p29h said:
LOL, like I said when I first joined this MB I am not here to troll. So I will let you guys assume whatever you want about what us Niner fans are thinking of your team. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. :th2thumbs:

Read your posts. If that isn't trolling to you, then you obviously have no concept of what trolling is. You're on a SEAHAWKS board. That in itself is one thing. Then making posts claiming how far superior you are to us after our last head to head matchup resulted in the most embarrassing loss you guys have had in years (on national tv no less) and that you act as if you are dominant at home, but beat us due to 2 dropped passes as our offense was still in brand new full rebuild mode shows that it is 100% obvious that you are trolling this board.

You can claim you didn't have Kaepernick, but when you did? We decimated you guys. It was hilarious. The game was over within about 5 minutes and everybody and their dog knew it was. So don't act as if your defeat of us at home earlier has any importance in the grand scheme moving forward. Different situation, different team, and our QB next year is going into his second season, just as yours did this year. Scared? I'd say you are scared to death, and that is why you monitor our every move. I won't monitor one thing the 49ers do and still haven't. Because it doesn't matter to us. We know we're better.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
49ers and Seahawks are about equal at the moment (and strangely similar overall). They might slump for a season, they might not, and they might not need to for us to overtake them. However, that's no excuse to crown us before we're king. Watch a Ted Talk or something instead of arguing from the subjective recesses of NFL fandom (on the internet no less!).

SharkHawk

Reaction score
We've been "king" more often than not since joining the NFC West. 9ers fans act like they've dominated the division for years. They did in the OLD NFC West, but since the Hawks joined the division, they have won more conference titles than the 9ers did. And they had the same amount of wins this year as we did. We have 5 division titles to their 3 in that span. We have been rebuilding for approximately 4 of those years (this year was year 3 of the current 4 year plan, and the Mora year and Holmgren's last year were considered rebuilds). Yet we still have won the division 5 of the 11 seasons we've been in the division.

I think overall we are consistently the best team in the conference since joining and therefore are "King" in the overall sense, and emerged from rebuild mode at mid-season of this past season. It's on now, and we'll likely follow form and go on another 3 or 4 year run as division champions. The 49ers had their two year run, and I congratulate them... but their window was fully open and is now closing, when our window was barely cracked open at the beginning of the season before this past one, and we started a rookie QB this year and matched the 9ers in wins, and destroyed them at the end of the year. I don't think this is an early crowning. I think it is a realistic look at how teams tend to move to the top and win a division for a few years with a solid core of players. I think the Hawks are now more solid top to bottom than the 49ers. That's just me, but I feel it's the fact. I know that regardless of what happens, I won't waste my time or energy on a 9ers board after next year, regardless of how the Hawks do.

mistaowen

Reaction score
How did a 49er fan get involved in this??? You have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this thread. Please continue posting on your favorite teams forum that was a Raiders forums around 2002 but then changed in the past 2 years when your 'team' became relevant again. And then after this season when Russell Wilson takes over the NFL you can post here again when you suddenly become a Seahawk fan on a new account.

Anyways.....sign Percy Harvin if he realizes he doesn't deserve a Megatron deal. Calvin Johnson is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL's history. Percy willl add a dimension to our offense that Tate can't because Percy is a fantastic route runner ontop of everything else. Or don't sign him I don't care. We could have 5 random no names and Russell Wilson would still make us a top 10 offense. I feel like South Park.

Spokane

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1sf0hcdx said:
Seahwkgal":1sf0hcdx said:

I do it because it is easier than searching multiple sports websites for information on the teams I am interested in. As fans, if we find something that is news worthy regarding our team we post it on our MB. One stop shop for everything relevant, or presumed to be relevant. Kind of a no brainer if you ask me. ;)

Dude, you just got verbally beat down by a girl who was not trying that hard - it could be time to hang it up. Good Job Seahawkgal!

Percy is going to find out real quick he is not getting Megatron cash! Thats when we swoop in with 5 bucks more then the next team

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Spokane":13pqs947 said:
NinerLifer":13pqs947 said:
Seahwkgal":13pqs947 said:

Dude, you just got verbally beat down by a girl who was not trying that hard - it could be time to hang it up. Good Job Seahawkgal!
:thirishdrinkers:

NinerLifer

Reaction score
It seems that the maturity level in this thread has decreased. It is amazing how you guys blow up on every post that I make like it is some personal attack. We have a couple Seahawk posters on 49ers.com who post all the time and we don't get all bent out of shape about it and welcome their posts.

I was told when I first signed up on here that there are members here that find amusement in trying to get every Niner fan who is on here to eventually explode and do something worthy of getting banned, and it appears to be evident that I am yet again coming across this behavior. Providing an outsiders perspective is not trolling, it is something that we welcome on 49ers.com actually as it helps to keep us informed about what other teams are doing and thinking. And it is also fun to talk with mature fans of other teams. Since the comments in here have resorted to the typical middle school behavior in regards to getting "beat down by a girl", I will refrain from posting in this thread any longer as I am only here to talk football. It is ironic however that the behavior you guys claim to hate Niner fans for is being exhibited by your own fans in this thread. Just sayin'...

Spokane

Reaction score
It sounds to me that you are butt hurt that a girl embarrassed you. I can see why you guys have the nickname the whiners.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1wnkdcpg said:
It seems that the maturity level in this thread has decreased. It is amazing how you guys blow up on every post that I make like it is some personal attack. We have a couple Seahawk posters on 49ers.com who post all the time and we don't get all bent out of shape about it and welcome their posts.

I was told when I first signed up on here that there are members here that find amusement in trying to get every Niner fan who is on here to eventually explode and do something worthy of getting banned, and it appears to be evident that I am yet again coming across this behavior. Providing an outsiders perspective is not trolling, it is something that we welcome on 49ers.com actually as it helps to keep us informed about what other teams are doing and thinking. And it is also fun to talk with mature fans of other teams. Since the comments in here have resorted to the typical middle school behavior in regards to getting "beat down by a girl", I will refrain from posting in this thread any longer as I am only here to talk football. It is ironic however that the behavior you guys claim to hate Niner fans for is being exhibited by your own fans in this thread. Just sayin'...

I get what you're saying, there's a rise in the tension, but you should know coming into another team's message board trying to convince that our team isn't as good as they are is just really stupid. I'm sure a lot of people here appreciate the "outsiders perspective" but the way you presented it, makes it just look like you're asking for an argument. Besides, not saying we don't appreciate other fans coming here, but if we really wanted the "outsiders perspective", we would just go to other boards to see what they're doing.

drdiags

Reaction score
According to the latest from the Vikings GM, Harvin isn't available for trade so we have 12 pages and counting of raised hopes and 9ers bashing. Beats uni discussions from last year, though that reached an epic total. Long way to go before this can match that feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.