Delanie Walker?

What do you think?

• Yes, Attempt to Sign Walker

Votes: 50 61.7%
  • No, I think he will cost to much

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • No, I wouldn't like the move

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • No, Id rather sign (Name another FA, or player in draft in reply)

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters

checkdanews

Reaction score
He is a free agent this year, not sure if the 9ers are going to offer him a new contract. I think he will get around middle of the pack starting TE money, and if that's the case I wouldn't mind us trying to sign him. Mccoy showed up abit at the end of the season, but I think walker would def be a upgrade at the position.

What do you guys think? We obviously know that PC/JS wanna upgrade the position(Winslow/Moore) and just haven't had much luck....I'd def support the move...

explain your poll decision, or write in another answer if you have one.

McGruff

Reaction score
Like Walker and would love to have him on the team, but I prefer Dustin Keller.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
It is a no brainer that a deal will be done and we will bring him back.

OP
OP
checkdanews

checkdanews

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3vtfqvnd said:
It is a no brainer that a deal will be done and we will bring him back.

wouldn't exactly call it a no brainer, he said before the 2012 season he would like to return, but if he gets offered more money, and/or a starting job...I think he will be gone, its a business first and foremost...plus we said the same thing about Carlson...now he's on the vikings.

Anybody else notice the NFC North has alot of Ex hawks?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
McGruff":20bzwq0a said:
Yuk... no up side with Keller..

Given the choice, givr me Delanie Walker.

ihawk

Reaction score
He's overrated just because he was in the Super Bowl and had a few good games. He's only 6' and I don't think his hands are that great. We'd be overpaying For uncertainty. Of all TE FA's I prefer Jared Cook. Most upside without the name-brand cost.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I don't get the LOVE FEST for Delanie Walker.

Look at the stats-- He's the size of a FB: 6-0,242 lbs.

Walker- 21 catches, 344 yards, 16.4 avg, 3-TD's.- 7 years in the league, 28 years old (29 in AUG), never had more than 30 catches, and set career highs for yards and TD's this year.

McCoy- 18 catches, 291 yards, 16.2 avg, 3- TD's- 3rd year in the league, 25 (26 in DEC). However , McCoy is 6-5, 260

There's virtually no difference between the 2 in terms of production,

Jared Cook- 44 catches, 523 yards, 11.9 avg, 4 TD's, Turns 26 in APR- 6-5, 248, pass catcher. IMO Cook is much more dynamic than Walker, Cook could be that moving TE that PC has been seeking (ala Winslow). He's not the best blocker, he doesn't need to be. In 2011, he had over 700 receiving with a 15 yard avg. His size speed, age, production all are better than Walker's. So why exactly do people fawn over a more athletic version of Michael Robinson?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Not interested at all...I think he is way overrated and very undersized for a tight end.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Try to sign him and Amendola to at least raise the contract price for those teams to resign them! :)

SirTed

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1bz2itbt said:
McGruff":1bz2itbt said:
Yuk... no up side with Keller..

Given the choice, givr me Delanie Walker.

Yuk?

Why?

The dude is a great run blocker and has incredible speed. What exactly don't you like about him? And what would Keller bring that Walker doesn't? Keller is so bad in the blocking game that the Jets barely bothered to ever line him up like a traditional TE.

Not that I would mind Keller, but I think Walker is a better option (especially as a 2nd TE) AND cheaper.

OP
OP
checkdanews

checkdanews

Reaction score
jlwaters1":dtsqc8ck said:

Walker- 21 catches, 344 yards, 16.4 avg, 3-TD's.- 7 years in the league, 28 years old (29 in AUG), never had more than 30 catches, and set career highs for yards and TD's this year.

McCoy- 18 catches, 291 yards, 16.2 avg, 3- TD's- 3rd year in the league, 25 (26 in DEC). However , McCoy is 6-5, 260

Jared Cook- 44 catches, 523 yards, 11.9 avg, 4 TD's, Turns 26 in APR- 6-5, 248, pass catcher. IMO Cook is much more dynamic than Walker, Cook could be that moving TE that PC has been seeking (ala Winslow). He's not the best blocker, he doesn't need to be. In 2011, he had over 700 receiving with a 15 yard avg. His size speed, age, production all are better than Walker's. So why exactly do people fawn over a more athletic version of Michael Robinson?

Walker is also a pretty dam good blocker, and Iv watched tape on him, they use him as a decoy alot, go back and watch some of this past seasons games, he was open alot, specially when Kap was QB. Walker is much more well rounded, not saying we must go out and sign him, just trying to get a conversation going for a boring offseason....And look at Vernon Davis's stats after Kap took over, he didn't have crazy stats either...doesn't mean he's bad obvi

SirTed

Reaction score
jlwaters1":25oh9yb5 said:

I'm in the "lovefest" camp for Walker - but I think Jared Cook would be great too (or instead). Walker is, size wise closer to an H-back than a TE, but he can run block very well, and he has elite speed. I think if we COULD get Walker, it would be cheaper than Cook (who I would be fine with, shoot, I'd be THRILLED).

But just keep in mind that Walker has been playing behind a top 5 TE for his whole career, and although he's on the field more than most #2 TE's, he's been playing with 1 read QB's in Smith and Kaepernick.

Just my opinion, but I've thought the dude was a stud for a while and would love to have him.

ihawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2ka2bpdt said:
:13:
:3:

rix98

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":5mg52arg said:
Walker is a playmaker , a number 1 in most places.
I don't think he'll be back to be honest. I think the 49ers are looking at a bigger sized TE that can be more effective in the end zone. Walker is a good player who would help make Seattles offense better...I hope he doesn't sign in Seattle for my own selfish reasons.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3t7xxs3n said:
Yea, I dont see any possible chance that he's not back in SF next year.

How about the fact that they're 450,000 under the cap and
have to get rid of Alex Smith to pay for Goldson?

There will be a lot of new faces in SF.