Percy Harvin's Availaibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Ever heard of Ponder? Harvin isn't playing with Brady or Manning you know. Also their offense is like ours--RUN FIRST. Ponder dinks and dunks even more than Flynn otherwise Harvin would be even closer to 1000 yards after 8 games.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
It's too bad Minny won't take Flynn. He dinks and dunks better than any available QB in the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
chris98251":2zvjwzje said:
Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.

That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1k9mgsii said:
chris98251":1k9mgsii said:

That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.

Keep the topic on Harvin, please. Thanks.

42-13

SharkHawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":30bp0gch said:
chris98251":30bp0gch said:

I'm going to attack the post. This is the dumbest post I've ever read on this board. And that includes all of mine. That's saying something.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":2pft5k04 said:
NinerLifer":2pft5k04 said:
chris98251":2pft5k04 said:

42-13

But yet week 16 of LAST season has nothing to do with Harvin either.

If that single game is the driver for why some of you aren't worried about Harvin maybe becoming a Niner this year, then WOW.

And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":nso5ggm6 said:
Hawken-Dazs":nso5ggm6 said:

42-13

If that single game is the driver for why some of you aren't worried about Harvin maybe becoming a Niner this year, then WOW.

And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.[/quote]

What really doesn't make sense is you acting like you gave us a pounding in SF. You won by what? One score? What was the shape of our offense then? What was the situation with dropped balls? We were 1 play away from beating you at your place early in the season.... you could have played us for a week straight and still not caught up when we played you late in the year.

You know as well as we all do that you guys had to wear a diaper when we played Atlanta, and you KNOW you all cheered like maniacs when they kicked that field goal. You fear us. So you're here. We don't hang out on your board. Know why? Because we have no fear of your team. We ARE talking about our team. You just played in the Super Bowl and you're here on a Seahawks board talking about the Seahawks. That to me shows me where your fan's heads are, and usually the fans are a reflection of the organization. The 49ers know the window just closed a bit more. Disagree if you want, but the only way I'll believe you is if you leave and don't respond. ;)

lukerguy

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2j7fbq2m said:
chris98251":2j7fbq2m said:

[youtube]kUf6OWFnfSw[/youtube]

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
NinerLifer":3bohjj9r said:
Hawken-Dazs":3bohjj9r said:
NinerLifer":3bohjj9r said:

42-13

And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.

42-13

Jville

Reaction score
:177692: This rediculous thread does not have a specific topic.

This is an exercise in game theory ........ "tit for tat" ...... I get it ..... I finally get it. :lol:

SharkHawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":uzt24jhp said:
^^^^^^

LOL

Predictable

Predictable is a Niners fan coming here and finding every possible chance to talk about how great they are. But only in seasons where they are better than us in the NFC West. So we've heard it all twice before. :pukeface:

:34853_doh:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Why is this "fan" here? There are only like 100 real fans in sf and one of them is Danny Tanner. Bunch of bandwagoners.

themunn

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":bwon2c19 said:
Ever heard of Ponder? Harvin isn't playing with Brady or Manning you know. Also their offense is like ours--RUN FIRST. Ponder dinks and dunks even more than Flynn otherwise Harvin would be even closer to 1000 yards after 8 games.

Yeah he also had one of the all time great gunslingers in Brett Favre for 2 seasons. Good WRs still put up great numbers with bad quarterbacks. I'd even go as far to say that Ponder would look a lot better if he had a better receiver than Harvin (or any of their other receivers for that matter)

It was similar last year (statistically his best season - and also he played a full season) in that he had the 4th most receptions of all WRs, but the 19th most yards, and of the top 60 in receiving yards, his 11.1 YPC average ranked 58th.
And to top it all off, this low receiving average has a knock on effect that meant he only ranked 19th in gaining first downs, which, coupled with his high number of receptions gave him a 51.7% first down average, which was worse than 58 of the top 60 yardage leaders.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Okay.. Your sentiments about Ponder's play explains why Minnesota believes Ponder>>Flynn.
I'm not sure that your opinion of Harvin's 'average' body of work and piss poor attitude explains why he's likely going to get 10 mil/year while Flynn struggles to find a starting job despite a paycut this upcoming season.
Harvin was a rookie in 2009 with 925 yards from scrimmage and 1100 yards returning kicks. He was the ideal counterpunch to Rice's 1300 yards receiving. But I'm sure you knew that. Harvin's contributions per salary were>>>>Flynn's and that's what's hurts right?

Status
Not open for further replies.