Richard Sherman Interview

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think any excitement gained over white burning sherman was lost when it was apparent seattle should have won that game since the falcons couldn't even beat the 49ers at home after a huge lead. We can take a look at that picture all day long but I think we all know seattle had a way better shot of beating SF than atlanta did. Every fan in atlanta knows it as well.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
After getting a pretty good look at Sherman's personality this year, I am well convinced that he will be looking to get the biggest contract for a CB in NFL history when the time comes. He does not seem like the type to give a discount to anyone, especially considering his current 5th round salary. I hope that negotiation doesn't get ugly.

razgriz737

Reaction score
“You saw the game — he caught one pass on me the whole game,’ Sherman said. “It’s probably a lifetime achievement for him, so congratulations."

LMAO

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawknballs":n2bd4qfx said:
I think any excitement gained over white burning sherman was lost when it was apparent seattle should have won that game since the falcons couldn't even beat the 49ers at home after a huge lead. We can take a look at that picture all day long but I think we all know seattle had a way better shot of beating SF than atlanta did. Every fan in atlanta knows it as well.

With all respect to your point, I totally disagree. The fans of Atlanta know one thing...they beat the Seahawks. Whether they lost to SF or not, or whether we beat SF or not, has no bearing on that fact. Coulda', shoulda', woulda' don't win titles and as a diehard Hawk fan, I felt nothing resembling victory at the conclusion of that game. We lost and Atlanta deserves credit for the way they came back to beat us. This isn't our Seahawks of old. This is a championship calibre team and we must no longer make excuses in defeat or accept moral victories, IMO.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HawkWow":14v6qcn9 said:
Hawknballs":14v6qcn9 said:

With all respect to your point, I totally disagree. The fans of Atlanta know one thing...they beat the Seahawks. Whether they lost to SF or not, or whether we beat SF or not, has no bearing on that fact. Coulda', shoulda', woulda' don't win titles and as a diehard Hawk fan, I felt nothing resembling victory at the conclusion of that game. We lost and Atlanta deserves credit for the way they came back to beat us. This isn't our Seahawks of old. This is a championship calibre team and we must no longer make excuses in defeat or accept moral victories, IMO.

Perfect.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HawkWow":2lhnzy7g said:
Hawknballs":2lhnzy7g said:

Perfect.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I missed the interview. Will they post a video at some point?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am so glad I bought a Sherman jersey. In the big picture, Sherman played lights out. He was knocking passes down and making it look easy. I like the confidence, especially for a VERY young player. Everything he is doing is on skill right now. As he learns the tendencies of QB's and WR's, he will improve.

The talk is hilarious, he backs it up 100% and is load of laughs. The other teams' fans hate him and they have nothing on him. His comment was something like "shut me up if you don't like it, complete some passes, but that's not going to happen". LOLLOL. Yeah, the Falcons beat the Seahawks in 2012. It won't be that close next time.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2ya5a18t said:
After getting a pretty good look at Sherman's personality this year, I am well convinced that he will be looking to get the biggest contract for a CB in NFL history when the time comes. He does not seem like the type to give a discount to anyone, especially considering his current 5th round salary. I hope that negotiation doesn't get ugly.

I don't think he's going to give us a hometown discount, but I do think that if the Seahawks are proactive about renegotiating his contract after this season (which is the earliest point they are able to do so) I think both sides will be able to work out a deal. Remember, part of his motivation is the number of teams that passed on him in the draft. If Seattle comes to him and says, "we want you here, let's figure out a way to make it happen," then I think Sherman will respond to that.

pehawk

Reaction score
I know this is way silly, but Deion Sanders is maybe my FOAT because his mouth. I'm beyond proud we may have Neon 2.0.

hawker232

Reaction score
Richard Shermans confidence is just at a whole other level. And it has the RIGHT to be!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
hawker232":2i21tfoo said:
Richard Shermans confidence is just at a whole other level. And it has the RIGHT to be!

Damned right. The great ones dont back down from any challenge.

Subzero717

Reaction score
By saying it wasnt his fault but wont throw away a teamate under tge bus, threw a teammate under the bus. Roddy White is establidhed. Let your play speak. Shut up.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1lnkzpz1 said:
By saying it wasnt his fault but wont throw away a teamate under tge bus, threw a teammate under the bus. Roddy White is establidhed. Let your play speak. Shut up.
U mad bro?

fsmassey

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1gjn88c1 said:

Agreed, it did throw someone under the bus, inevitably. But it's also true, he was supposed to have help over the top. The reason why I like this statement, is because I'm quite tired of all the cliches most players are pigeonholed into saying. He could've very easily said 'I'll take responsibility for that play', but then again, if he had answers like that nobody would want to interview him in the first place. He also went on to say that if the blame falls on him, from outsiders, that's fine.

The way I see, he's just a smart guy with long explanations. He knows he fell during that play, but it wasn't his fault alone the play happened, and he shut down Roddy White the rest of the game, and he knows it.