Mike Salk headed back to Boston... huge bummer

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
They just need someone who can think with an open mind and use logic. Salk didn't start whining when Russell Wilson got the job, he doesn't revert to predictable, conventional opinions. I liked that he was a bit of a homer sometimes, but was also prepared to be critical when he needed to be.

And one other thing - his interviews with Pete Carroll were BY FAR the best. Nobody else gets close to interviewing Carroll one-on-one the way Salk did. He gets it. This is going to be a big loss.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man...this stinks, the Brock and Salk show was amazing. Really gonna miss Salk on there.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
That sucks. We just got 710espn in TriCities a little while ago.

Loved Brock and Salk talking up my Hawks.

Soon, Salk will have Baston turning away from Buttchin and accepting Russell Wilson as the best QB evah.

Happybelly

Reaction score
It was the only show I really listened to on a regular basis. Brock and Salk worked well off of each other and it's going to be tough to replace that dynamic.

Somebody like Wyman would be terrible, he would be far too much like Brock and he's way too old school imo. It's too bad, all of the sports radio hosts left all have the same basic generic opinions on most topics now.

Mitch has good interviews on occasion, but I don't care for him otherwise.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Gutted. Congrats to Mike on the new job. I really hope they can find a good replacement. Of the guys at the station already I like Wassell best, but he's not as good as Salk yet.

sliv

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":airv3un5 said:
That sucks. We just got 710espn in TriCities a little while ago.

Loved Brock and Salk talking up my Hawks.

Soon, Salk will have Baston turning away from Buttchin and accepting Russell Wilson as the best QB evah.

Yah I live in Richland and have been listening to the Brock and Salk podcast for awhile and now on 1340 am, so I am really bummed because he was an excellent broadcaster.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I won't miss him talking down to any caller that doesn't agree with his point of view, and making them sound like they are 4 years old.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3lrb3pu3 said:
I won't miss him talking down to any caller that doesn't agree with his point of view, and making them sound like they are 4 years old.

Every time I have been on he has been more than respectful.
I'll miss him. They have to get someone who has a little bite like him. You can't have a pushover and Brock.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":99v64alh said:
razgriz737":99v64alh said:
SNDavidson":99v64alh said:
How epic would Huard/Hasselbeck be?
This x1000.

Somebody make this happen!

Could the station afford Matt Hasslebeck? Would Matt desire the "grind" of a daily show?

Probably unrealistic, Matt is probably headed to cable tv when he's done. I would love it if they worked together on air though, would be awesome every single day.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
To each his own I guess. He's good, just not as great as he seems to be made to be. I do agree with you that it's good to have someone who tells it like it is. Although his tone was pretty annoying at times. Oh well, I'm sure he'll do well at his new gig. Now if they were getting rid of the the Groz... now THAT would be worth celebrating. He's pitiful

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Happypuppy":35jukmhm said:
It's the guys home town so good for him. Brock is ok but not strong enough by himself. I doubt they will have any trouble getting someone. I just hope they don't get a Mitch type ... I cannot stand him

I normally don't like Mitch, but I WILL give him props for the 'Douche Bag Harbaugh Style' vid.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2yuilk7g said:
Happypuppy":2yuilk7g said:
It's the guys home town so good for him. Brock is ok but not strong enough by himself. I doubt they will have any trouble getting someone. I just hope they don't get a Mitch type ... I cannot stand him

I normally don't like Mitch, but I WILL give him props for the 'Douche Bag Harbaugh Style' vid.
Yes, forgot that! It was hilarious ...

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Never been a fan. I prefer my local radio to be local.

Not a fan of transplants. I like mitch but that took years for that to happen. Plus he has talent.

He can take his act back to Boston. Thanks for using us as a stepping stone.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Well that sucks, they really were the best show in town. Gonna be kind of tough to find someone to mix with Huard like that again if they stick with him.