Fresh Seahawk QB news

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tebow? And here I thought this thread had some potential to not be a horrific waste of time

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If Flynn departs I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in any old veteran backup available while taking a long hard look at Josh Portis and what he can do, especially if Flynn departs early because I wouldn't put it past a guy like Russell Wilson to then look to the next man up in Portis and really work with him to groom him into his backup.

Don't be shocked if it's something out of left field.

I could see the seahawks signing say, Rex Grossman and letting him and Portis duke it out for the 2nd string QB spot, while also possibly drafting a rookie.

I'm not saying I want Grossman i'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if that's the kind of guy we bring in. And lets not forget last time we saw Grossman, it was in Seattle, beating Tjack who seems incapable of playing football in the 4th quarter.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
A late 2nd for Matt would be a fun/solid pick imho. I am not sure he will make it to the late 2nd round, and we have other needs for the 1st round.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Also lets take a moment to count our blessings, I stopped by a Cardinal's forum today and one of their hot topics was "Drew Stanton as starting QB?"

ouch.

reminds me of the people chanting CHarlie! Charlie!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
kidhawk":2hugu8r6 said:
Tebow? And here I thought this thread had some potential to not be a horrific waste of time

I'm waiting for us to sign Dark Tebow - the man Tim Tebow will become when he realizes the world has forsaken him and his goodness and he just says to hell with it.

Dark Tebow to Seattle.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
kidhawk":3f9iw08w said:

Hating is for 3rd grade girls, lets be above that. The dude does everything he has been asked. Work the pure hate on a different thread and your keen NFL knowledge on this one...thank you.

hawktawk

Reaction score
Denard Robinson 4th-5th round, trade Matt, trade Leon, batta bing batta boom.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
T-Jack would be a pretty fine backup QB. Not a great starter but for what Seneca was making ($2-$4 mil/year) he would absolutely be worth it.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hawktawk":zo2f0jxs said:
Denard Robinson 4th-5th round, trade Matt, trade Leon, batta bing batta boom.

soooo..cut loose your better than average backup and the best return man in the nFC and replace him with a guy who is too inaccurate to be a QB, can't play receiver, and just have him be your 3rd down back/kick returner and hope that he figures those things out better than he did in the sr. bowl?

Something tells me that's a terrible idea.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
TJack did absolutely nothing in the clutch, not sure why having him here would all the sudden make him win games. Oh well, until it happens, not gonna' get worked up about it :)

CANHawk

Reaction score
It's starting to smell more and more like Flynn is going to be moved for picks during the draft. Keep an eye out for discounted Matt Flynn jerseys at a sporting goods store near you.

TJack wouldn't be a horrible option, but we "bin dere, done dat" with him. There's no real upside to that signing, but I think he'd be a "safe" signing. ...but Pete and John seem to hate safe.

I don't think Barkley's going to be in the mix. Yes his draft stock has slipped incredibly since last year, but he's a pro ready QB and he'll gain a ton of ground after the combine I reckon. He'll be a second round pick at worst, maaaaybe a third. Regardless he'll be worth more than we're willing to spend on a back up. If he's around in the 4th though, I can see Pete grabbing him.

Tebow's left handed, so therefore an abomination and quite possibly the antichrist. That and he throws a football like he's trying to shot put a roasted duck (ie. he makes Golden Tate's passes look like Dan Marino's). I'd totally sign him to play H-back though.

I wouldn't put it past them to bring in VY for a look see.

Portis fits the bill and has a few seasons under his belt. I can totally see him winning a back-up QB competition in the off season.

I can totally see them bringing in somebody straight out of left field though too. Like somebody from Canada or the Arena league. It'll be interesting either way, but I pray to god we only see the dude play after being on the happy end of 40 point blow outs.

kidhawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":qt9cm3ra said:
It's starting to smell more and more like Flynn is going to be moved for picks during the draft. Keep an eye out for discounted Matt Flynn jerseys at a sporting goods store near you.

Matt Flynn Jerseys have been discounted since about the midpoint of the season (if not a little earlier). I'm sure they made them with the thought that he was the starter and boy were they surprised when that didn't happen

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":ria6oyld said:
If Tahj Boyd slips? maybe? Matt Scott? thats just the draft though...

Josh Portis is still out there... :)

Tahj Boyd is staying at Clemson for his senior season. Matt Scott would be a good option for us though in the later rounds.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
No thanks to T-Jack or Tebow. This team cannot risk this incredible era on either one of those guys. Frankly, I don't think there is another Russell Wilson out there. The Hawks need someone that can throw the ball and throw it well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Great news! There is zero chance we draft Matt Barkley. Zero. PC has proven that he has no fanatical allegiance to SC players. Further, Pete certainly realises what the NFL is slowly learning; SC QBs get maxed out while at USC and make for lousy NFL QBs. Further yet, if Pete is looking for a QB that is comparable to Wilson, Charles Barkley isn't much further from that than Matt Barkley. I like the heck out of Barkley, but he will bust...bank on it.

No to T-Jack as well. Hell no, actually. Some will say he has legs and that somehow translates to a Wilson type QB. He and Wilson could have the exact same measureables and T-Jack would be miles behind Wilson. What we saw with Wilson was an uncanny ability to make quick decisions, then act upon those decisions at break neck speed. T-Jack would just break his neck if expected to do the same.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Cartire":10kprluy said:
Except unlike last year, this years crop is crap. The reason Flynn only had 2 teams approach him last year was because of last years draft class. This year, not so good. I foresee at least 5 teams in the market for a free agent QB.
That, and the ongoing Peyton Manning saga.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
T-Jack sucked. He took an awful offense and only squeezed as many wins out of it as Ring of Honor man Matt Hasselbeck. What a LOOOOOOSER. Some people need to lighten up. He's not Johnny Unitas, but he's not Art Schlicter either. He's a competent backup QB that is tough as hell and a good teammate. I didn't see Russ miss any snaps last year except when we were blowing people out. I think T-Jack and Russ would work well together. Who knows... maybe Russ could even teach T-Jack a thing or two. Guys have been known to pick things up when around supportive teammates. Many NFL QB's don't hit their peak for many years. I heard plenty of guys whine and gripe endlessly when their beloved 49ers gave up jack and squat for Steve Young the "run first turnover machine of Tampa Bay". Some guys need better coaching, better teammates, better situations, and they do fine. I'd love to have T-Jack back for the record, because I think he'd be a good influence on Russ. How? Because he wouldn't be pressuring him to be the starter. He'd be a supportive backup and help carry the load as a team leader because the team already respects the heck out of the man. Leadership is good. Even if it's coming from your second stringer, because he leads the 2nd's and preps them for action when needed. Next man up is prepared, because they play with a leader in practice.

aawolf

Reaction score
The answer is in the draft...EJ Manuel in the fourth round.