Fresh Seahawk QB news

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":2ch9ikjo said:
Sgt. Largent":2ch9ikjo said:
I think the success of all these young QB's is going to hurt Flynn's trade value this year, what with college QB's coming out ready to start from day #1. No longer is the norm to draft and develop and go sign another team's backup while that happens.

The trend is now to go out and find your own young dynamic QB. This way you don't have to give up draft picks for guys like Smith and Flynn, you don't have to absorb their contracts either.

Except unlike last year, this years crop is crap. The reason Flynn only had 2 teams approach him last year was because of last years draft class. This year, not so good. I foresee at least 5 teams in the market for a free agent QB.

True, one of the weakest QB classes ever. But that doesn't mean a lot of NFL execs won't think they can draft a QB over trading for an unproven backup making 5-6 million like Flynn.

My point is 2-3 years ago I think we could have got a #2 or #3 round pick for Flynn. Now? Probably more in the 4th or 5th round pick range.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
With all the recent talk about how this is a weak QB class, I'll be surprised if we don't trade Flynn somewhere. Honestly, I'd like to see him go start on a team with a decent team around him. I think he could be a pretty good QB, he just needs his shot.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
These reports aren't completely new. i think Pete and John's said all this at their end of the season press conferences and/or interviews. Worth bringing up, though. I think the Seahawks would love to move Flynn's contract for some picks and find a backup similar to Wilson, but that's easier said then done. I haven't completely shut the door on Flynn, yet, though I'd like to see him traded.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!

pehawk

Reaction score
Spokane":1v6hpvv5 said:
BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!

Flip a comp 7th for Tebow and it'd be fine for each side, I'd imagine.

Tebow can only REALLY throw in improv/readnreact type offenses. He'd still be inaccurate, but not as much in a scenario where he mimicked Wilson's time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Spokane":6omrqpsh said:
Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!

I agree as long as we exclude accuracy, grasp of offensive schemes and how to read NFL defenses.

Personally I do not want the Tim Tebow circus in Seattle. I'd rather just draft another young QB in the Wilson mold, or get a veteran like T-Jack.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Writing, meet wall. That definitely sounds to me like bye bye, Mr. Flynn.

And I was THIS close to buying a Flynn jersey right after the new uniforms came out!

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Hmm, T-bow... T-Jack? Get um both signed after we trade Flynn to the highest bidder. Just playing around here- but could you see RW in the shotgun with Tebow in the backfield or vise verse?

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Info from ESPN.com Tebow completed 75% of his passes in 2012...If the jets were not flat out retarded, they would have played him more.

That 75% makes him one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL last year by about 7%...He is one solution to the problem

hawker84

Reaction score
i rather see teebow here than TJ... and preferably neither...

if memory serves me correctly only thing i remember about TJ is that he held the ball too long and took way too many sacks... other than a strong arm, i don't see any similarities with him and RW...

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Spokane":1p0w6vdi said:
Info from ESPN.com Tebow completed 75% of his passes in 2012...If the jets were not flat out retarded, they would have played him more.

That 75% makes him one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL last year by about 7%...He is one solution to the problem
Not sure if sarcasm..I'm actually for the possibility of adding Tebow, but I'd never try to say he's an accurate passer. Didn't he go just 6-8 in 2012? Come on man, you can't use those numbers. Heck at least one of those completions was a 3 yard pass against us!

mikeak

Reaction score
I said it elsewhere and I guess I will say it here. Vince Young is a much better fit. The guy can throw the ball, has won in the NFL and can run the ball. I personally think it helps that he got millions and is now BROKE. That should motivate him to stay on best behavior and be valuable to the team

Tebow - never ever ever please. He is a great person let him go and be a great person somewhere else

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Spokane":3auwg6va said:

I'm assuming this is tongue-in-cheek? :?

He completed all of 6 passes last year (out of 8 attempts), for a total of 39 yards. That's less than 5 ypa, which means he basically just threw dump offs.

So that fancy looking 75% means jack sh*t.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Good grief. All this Jackson talk is mind blowing. Yes he has a strong arm and yes he has guts but if you don't know where and when to throw the damn ball that does you no good. As for as his legs go didn't he get hurt trying scramble out of the pocket? If he was all that great wouldn't he be starting somewhere. The Jackson lovers make out like he did great here. Seems like they have forgotten about all the drives he killed and why the defense was on the field so much of the time. He needs to stay gone.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Do you want to lie and make up numbers or go off what really happened? He did what he was asked and that happened to be more then any other QB, so Yes I will use the true information.

Who is more proven in the NFL, Mr comeback kid Tebow, or 4 games Flynn? Flynn did pretty good with his contract.

PC said he wants a Wilson Jr. and Tebow is pretty close.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Need more short guys! Go get Kellen Moore!

JK, but what about this Zach Collaros guy? IIRC there were a couple draftnicks that were kinda high on him. Never watched him play myself, but reading the write ups on him from last year's draft he definately sounds like he fits the Russell Wilson mould...

He's currently in the mix to back up Ricky Ray for the Toronto Argonaughts. There's a couple of young NFL castoffs serving as back ups in the CFL right now who could fit the bill, but this Zach dude sounds like a fit.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Spokane":u9lziibc said:
Draft for need in the first two rounds, then a QB in the 3rd. It worked last year.

Dear draft gurus, who has the same skill set as RW in this years draft?
No thanks on that idea

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
That post was mostly a joke, but that idea has worked in the past for us:)
I think Wilson was just to good of a value to pass up in the 3rd round and PC/JS thankfully pulled the trigger.

hawkpride

Reaction score
I see a PC / Matt Barkley reunion ahead. Can't belive this has not been discussed here already. If so, guess I missed it.
Think about it, trade Flynn get more draft picks, save his cap hit. And get Barkley on a dime.