Whiners lose Tom Gamble

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Whiners lose Tom Gamble
Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:19 pm
  • Every little bit helps...

Per Rotoworld:
    Eagles hired 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble as vice president of player personnel.
    A hot name in GM searches this offseason, Gamble will instead make a lateral move to Philadelphia. Considered a big factor in the 49ers' recent success in the draft and free agency, Gamble will work very closely with GM Howie Roseman and coach Chip Kelly. It's a big get for Roseman, whose evaluation skills have been questioned. It's an equally big loss for the 49ers.
    ihawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Whiners lose Tom Gamble
Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 pm
  • That's interesting he would take a lateral move away from the niners, eh? Well I guess he got bumped a notch to VP from Director. Still kinda strange.
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:42 pm
  • I'd make fun of the 49ers for Harbaugh driving one of his guys out because it's a lateral move, but we let a guy go to Jacksonville for a lateral move as well, so the same argument could be made; though I doubt it was because of any dislike toward Pete Carroll.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'd make fun of the 49ers for Harbaugh driving one of his guys out because it's a lateral move, but we let a guy go to Jacksonville for a lateral move as well, so the same argument could be made; though I doubt it was because of any dislike toward Pete Carroll.

Except that in our case, Bradley took one of his guys with him whereas Harbaugh drove off someone 'above' him.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:18 pm
  • Yeah, Harbaugh's still a douche and I hope this hurts the Whiners. :)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:32 pm
  • So if a 49ers aren't letting some guys go and even interview but they let others make lateral moves does this mean they aren't very impressed with the guy internally?..........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:46 pm
  • mikeak wrote:So if a 49ers aren't letting some guys go and even interview but they let others make lateral moves does this mean they aren't very impressed with the guy internally?..........

Bingo! :)
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:31 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    mikeak wrote:So if a 49ers aren't letting some guys go and even interview but they let others make lateral moves does this mean they aren't very impressed with the guy internally?..........

Bingo! :)

Lets just hope they replace him with a dumb DB.
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 am
  • mikeak wrote:So if a 49ers aren't letting some guys go and even interview but they let others make lateral moves does this mean they aren't very impressed with the guy internally?..........

I'm not sure the same rules apply for front office personnel. Obviously Harbs didn't allow one of his coaches to interview for a lateral move, but Gamble was in the front office. So, assuming the same rules do apply, it would then be up to Baalke and Jed York to allow him to interview, right?

Either way, its bad timing being so close to the combine, etc.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 pm
  • I don't see what the problem is with lateral moves. Maybe it's more of a personal reason?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:23 pm
  • NorCal wrote:
    mikeak wrote:So if a 49ers aren't letting some guys go and even interview but they let others make lateral moves does this mean they aren't very impressed with the guy internally?..........

I'm not sure the same rules apply for front office personnel. Obviously Harbs didn't allow one of his coaches to interview for a lateral move, but Gamble was in the front office. So, assuming the same rules do apply, it would then be up to Baalke and Jed York to allow him to interview, right?

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Baalke your golden boy when it comes to the combine and the draft, and Gamble was more about FA? if that's the case i don't see it as a big deal....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    NorCal wrote:

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Baalke your golden boy when it comes to the combine and the draft, and Gamble was more about FA? if that's the case i don't see it as a big deal....

It's easy for me to start to respect a rival fan when he has done his research and knows what he is talking about. :)
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:46 pm
  • keep your friends close , your enemy closer. :pimp:
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:08 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:keep your friends close , your enemy closer. :pimp:

You better believe it! :th2thumbs:
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 pm
  • Forty whaters? Haven't heard of em.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:02 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Forty whaters? Haven't heard of em.

Me neither. :snack:
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information