Mike Salk headed back to Boston... huge bummer

LawHawk

Reaction score
Pete Carroll just tweeted that Mike Salk is headed back to Boston. I have not heard Salk announce this but I am assuming he did. Google shows several articles pointing to him going to some Boston radio station.

This is a big loss for Seahawks fans IMO... he was the best radio guy in town and I'm disappointed I won't be able to get podcasts of him talking Seahawks any more.

(In case anyone thinks this is sarcastic - it's not)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
That is a shame. I don't always agree with him, but Brock and Salk was easily my favorite local radio sports show. Hopefully Brock will get someone good to work with.

And how about we give Brock the freaking morning show on 710? Does anyone in Seattle actually enjoy Mike and Mike? I hate having only 1 option for local sports on my drive to work.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Thats too bad. At least Huard is capable of taking over the show and I'm sure he will bring in a good co-host.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping it was Hugh or Softy.....or both.

Listening to Hugh Millen break down football is like radio narcolepsy.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It's the guys home town so good for him. Brock is ok but not strong enough by himself. I doubt they will have any trouble getting someone. I just hope they don't get a Mitch type ... I cannot stand him

Hawknballs

Reaction score
That sucks. I didn't like him at first but now he's one of my favorites. I will take him over pretty much anyone on KJR. Elise is a mess, softie/gas may as well combine into one ball of suck, mitch is bad.

I've been enjoying listening to Danny O'neil and Dave Wyman with jim more on 710 but it's a much more home-town local type show that doesn't get many big names.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Mike Salk is a fantastic broadcaster. Brock and Salk has been without doubt the best show for Seahawks fans over the last couple of years, a must-listen. No agenda's. No threats to eat a microphone or references to 'teachers pets'. Just great radio that fans can relate to. Kudos to Mike for the new gig, he will be sorely missed.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Salk carries that show, surprised to see such high praise of Brock. I like Brock doing play by play for college games, but just don't think he fits in this format.

They need to add somebody with some attitude and cynicism like Salk to balance milktoast Brock if they decide to keep him on.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Salk carries the show but Brock is an important part of it. He's hugh millen plus a personality minus getting butthurt easily like a girl if anyone disagrees or jokes around with him and the good sense to not ramble on trying to sound smart about things nobody cares about.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't know, he seems like a whining bish quite a bit when he talks about the Hawks. On the other hand, sometimes he seems like a huge homer. Oh well, I can't get worked up about a radio guy leaving, plenty of other ppl who can fill his spot. Not that I don't think he's good, he's much better than some of the locals (softy, groz etc.)

CANHawk

Reaction score
Aw man... that sucks. I figured it was on it's way though hearing Salk fill in for Mike Hill on the national show. He's sounded really good on there. Definately a loss for Seattle radio and Seahawks fans. But hey... at least we'll have somebody pumping our tires on the biased east coast.

I don't know who they'll replace him with. Hopefully it's not some delusional wind bag like The Groz or "The Go To Guy" or someone stupid like that. Danny O'Neil would probably be a good choice. Wassel wouldn't be bad, but he needs a little more venom in his voice. he sounds to wishy-washy sometimes...