Jim Harbaugh Style

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:13 pm
  • Check this out....



    At 1:40 in the video, there is mention of Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman..

    "Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim-Douchebag-Harbaugh-Style!"
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:31 pm
  • You know I have never posted in this forum.. this is an awesome site the mods do a great job and my wife would say I'm a hardcore niner fan ha.. been to all the playoff games last two years and the last four seahawk games at home love the rivelry ( have season tickets)! Including the embarrassing home lose three years ago to the hawks... Anyhow I find it interesting about how much your fan base hates on harbaugh for everything he does but I understand why he gets under your skin! He is the kind of character that would frustrate any enemy... You know what he is about... you could agree know your enemy to get an edge.... He will win at any cost and I can commend that above all else doesn't care what anyone thinks or says it is incredible ! the only coach in the pros who comes close is bill bellechik( excuse my spelling) Its astonishing. I was in the Marine Corps infantry and I had one SSgt who will always stand out due to him setting the example it didn't matter about others thought of him and harb does it like no other ... hate all you want but if he was the coach of the hawks with Wilson you would have been in the super bowl and be hooked! I think your team is awesome and very talented ..I'm not trying to troll thanks for letting g me sign up j have been following for years never write though out of respect..
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 19
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 pm
  • thanks and welcome aboard.. speaking for only myself.. i personally can't stand the guy, and it has nothing to do with his coaching.. i actually think he's a good coach... it's just the way he carries himself on and off the field... i think if you were to poll other fanbases you will find this to be the norm with him... he's earned his douchebag status well before his coaching days.. just ask former players especially teammates and media... his sideline antics are a complete embarrassment , that is absolutely no way for a grown man to behave... it's not normal adult behavior...i wouldn't want him anywhere near this franchise, i don't care how good a coach he is. JMO
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3879
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:26 pm
  • I agree with you guys, Jim Harbaugh is a good coach. However, he acts like a complete a-hole.. On an ESPN article/video interview with Jim Harbaugh, four days after the Superbowl. All he could do was complain about a 'no call' (from the officials) rather than congratulating his brother on the Superbowl victory and give his players props for a hard fought comeback in the second half. It is obvious Jim doesn't care about anything but himself and his own success. It's impossible for the guy to exhibit any kind of class. I almost feel sorry for him. Jim Harbaugh's ridiculous antics; screaming right in referee's faces, constantly throwing temper tantrums and chucking his headset on the ground is embarrassing.

    Other than his childish behavior on the sideline, Jim Harbaugh is a great coach, hands down.. Anyway. Say what you want about Pete Carroll's behavior on the sideline. At least Pete's antics are not completely negative, like Jim's always seem to be. Even if the guy is winning...
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:07 am
  • Good coach, huge asshole. Nothing else to say. @#$% Jim.
    User avatar
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1674
    Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 am
  • I agree with what you guys say about his antics being very fiery and over the top almost always.. as an opposing fan I can see why its so irritating... us loyal fans see it as this guy cares about everything very much and doesn't care how much heat he is going to get for it. Again as a NFL fan all I care about is winning not morals and standards leave that for high school and college. I want wins so I can brag to my seahawk buddies ( not one says well your coach is a jerk..ha)I know and other teams... I think Pete Carroll is a good coach I grew up watching usc .. I thought it was very timely of Pete to leave right before the hammer was brought down on that organization..ha the only measurement in the the league is W's.. I am very excited for this rivalry for years to come.
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 19
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:00 pm
  • kag0331 wrote:... hate all you want but if he was the coach of the hawks with Wilson you would have been in the super bowl and be hooked!


    Wait, Pete Carroll is the reason we didn't make the Super Bowl this year?

    Okay.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18155
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:07 pm
  • Jim Harbaugh is just a bad individual.

    You know that he still hasn't spoken to his brother yet don't you?

    He is immature and as soon as you have a off season he is going to implode on the team.

    The man is lacking in character.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9074
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:01 pm
  • He is a really good coach but his antics reflect badly on his team and his players. In the next couple of years you're going to see the players start to imitate his actions and it will hurt them on the field. And also the some members of the team will tire of his antics and he will lose their attention. Its happened everywhere else he's been. That's one of the reasons he's been so many places, the players tire of grade school actions.

    For a comparison lets look at Tom Lasorda, a man I've had the honor to meet. In fact when he was a AAA coach in Spokane him and many of his team came to our house for hotdogs cooked over an open fire and brews.

    He constantly pushed the officials and was not shy about telling them what he thought. But he learned from Leo Durocher to put his hands in his back pockets so he wouldn't do anything stupid with them.

    He also knew how to argue calls without being a jerk. Because of that he was loved by fans everywhere not just LA and even the officials liked him. And off the field the only thing he argued about was whether to order 1 of everything on the menue or 2.

    :les:
    Image
    Getting ready for some football
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18388
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:05 pm
  • wow, how cool would that have been to have a legend over to the house for campfire dogs... jealous Radish.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3879
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:32 pm
  • All of your guys have good points I can tell you this if I was raised in Washington I would be a hawks fan.. However I believe in territory and I grew up a niners fan till I die. Have a great weekend
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 19
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:32 am
  • Props for standing behind your team and coach. That said, what most Niner fans (through rationalization) and the media (out if political correctness) charicterize as 'firey' is actually much closer to whiney and borderline psychotic.
    No doubt he's a good coach, but the man has serious issues.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2519
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 am
  • I agree with all that has been said. Much of his antics are confusing like in the superbowl where his brother John almost had to force him to talk and even say good luck. I love his coaching and his style of ball. It almost seems to me he might have some other deep internal issues. I dont think its simply he is an ahole. He to me seems very very emotional and motivated and does not let ANYTHING get in the way. I wish he would chill sometimes, but its not his nature. The players love him or else they would gripe about it on twitter (the new shat talk central). I dont get it like most. I dont have the pleasure like some people to speak to John H. and ask if know if he has spoke to him yet. Really I dont believe half what the media states, one thing we know is Jim hardly speaks to the media SOOO I take that with a grain of salt. I really dont think he left town and did not speak to his brother or his family. And if he did who cares he is here to win, not to be the most popular. I also dont have a crystal ball and say he will implode when he has his first bad year (which will happen one day). So like everything else we will see.

    GO NINNERS
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 597
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:50 pm
  • rlkats wrote:I agree with all that has been said. Much of his antics are confusing like in the superbowl where his brother John almost had to force him to talk and even say good luck. I love his coaching and his style of ball. It almost seems to me he might have some other deep internal issues. I dont think its simply he is an ahole. He to me seems very very emotional and motivated and does not let ANYTHING get in the way. I wish he would chill sometimes, but its not his nature. The players love him or else they would gripe about it on twitter (the new shat talk central). I dont get it like most. I dont have the pleasure like some people to speak to John H. and ask if know if he has spoke to him yet. Really I dont believe half what the media states, one thing we know is Jim hardly speaks to the media SOOO I take that with a grain of salt. I really dont think he left town and did not speak to his brother or his family. And if he did who cares he is here to win, not to be the most popular. I also dont have a crystal ball and say he will implode when he has his first bad year (which will happen one day). So like everything else we will see.

    GO NINNERS



    Yeah....GO NINNERS!


    ...whover they are.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2108
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:47 pm
  • A coach that is respectful of his opponents, coaches, the league and the game as a whole would have started the post-Superbowl press conference with accepting full blame for having two weeks to get ready and start with an illegal formation penalty.....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:27 am
  • Harbaugh coaches the Hawks' rivals and has made himself an easy target. It's not like anyone has to dig too hard to find material to pitch him shit over.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8687
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:59 pm
  • Harbaugh can act any way he wants...winning is winning!
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:05 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:Harbaugh can act any way he wants...winning is winning!

    Until his act wears thin with the team and they start losing!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10791
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:14 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Harbaugh can act any way he wants...winning is winning!

    Until his act wears thin with the team and they start losing!


    True, but in his two years on the team he has taken them to the NFCCG consecutively, and a SB appearance.

    He can act any way he wants! ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:55 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Harbaugh can act any way he wants...winning is winning!

    Until his act wears thin with the team and they start losing!


    True, but in his two years on the team he has taken them to the NFCCG consecutively, and a SB appearance.

    He can act any way he wants! ;)

    Correct. But when he arrived, that roster was stocked with talent.

    Pete arrived with a bad roster filled with washed up veterans. He and John literally rebuilt the whole roster in 3 years with home run drafts. Now that's money.
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 745
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:03 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Harbaugh can act any way he wants...winning is winning!

    Until his act wears thin with the team and they start losing!


    True, but in his two years on the team he has taken them to the NFCCG consecutively, and a SB appearance.

    He can act any way he wants! ;)


    ya cuz we all know that a team that goes to two consecutive conference championship games can NEVER implode cough jets cough...
    User avatar
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 335
    Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:55 am
    Location: LA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:31 pm
  • I hope that the confidence you have for your team's chances next year doesn't rely on a 49er implosion.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I hope that the confidence you have for your team's chances next year doesn't rely on a 49er implosion.


    42-13...
    User avatar
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 335
    Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:55 am
    Location: LA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:13 pm
  • I personally won't get into next seasons rivalry till were done with FA and the Draft, where we have a better idea of what type of team we'll be fielding next season.. but there is no indication that either of our teams will be any less dangRuss next season.. i think we'll both be more... i don't see the niners imploding any time soon... i do see them loosing to us in two hard fought battles however.

    see what i did there.. :mrgreen:
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3879
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:36 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:I personally won't get into next seasons rivalry till were done with FA and the Draft, where we have a better idea of what type of team we'll be fielding next season.. but there is no indication that either of our teams will be any less dangRuss next season.. i think we'll both be more... i don't see the niners imploding any time soon... i do see them loosing to us in two hard fought battles however.

    see what i did there.. :mrgreen:


    I did notice what you did there, nicely done. I agree that after the draft and FA that both our teams will be greatly improved than even they were last year. It is nice to see that not everybody on here let's a single games performance blind them.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:53 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:It is nice to see that not everybody on here let's a single games performance blind them.


    Most of the people you're referring to aren't blinded by our dominating win over you at Seattle, they're just enjoying throwing it in the faces of 49ers fans because of how many d-bag 49ers fans we've had to deal with this year. There's a distinct difference.

    Also, I don't see a 49ers implosion; but I do potentially see 1-2 less wins. I said potentially, I'm not saying I think for sure it's going to happen. The Rams are obviously on the rise, we went 1-1 against them and you went 0-1-1 against them. That defense is no friggin' joke. Their D-line is terrifying. If Arizona manages to get a QB, they'll have a decent record. Nobody wants to face our division now.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24137
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:33 pm
  • Roland those arguments are on point I see the seahawks rams and niners competing for the division next year and in my opinion its anybodys game. The cards have one huge question but if they find the right key they also could be deadly. its great to finally be able to say that about the NFCW.
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 597
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:39 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:It is nice to see that not everybody on here let's a single games performance blind them.


    Most of the people you're referring to aren't blinded by our dominating win over you at Seattle, they're just enjoying throwing it in the faces of 49ers fans because of how many d-bag 49ers fans we've had to deal with this year. There's a distinct difference.

    Also, I don't see a 49ers implosion; but I do potentially see 1-2 less wins. I said potentially, I'm not saying I think for sure it's going to happen. The Rams are obviously on the rise, we went 1-1 against them and you went 0-1-1 against them. That defense is no friggin' joke. Their D-line is terrifying. If Arizona manages to get a QB, they'll have a decent record. Nobody wants to face our division now.


    Agreed. It is no longer a benefit to be in the NFCW LOL. We both share the same opinion in regards to the other's team having 1-2 less wins than they did last year. What makes me not so mad about our record vs the Rams is that we would have won both games if Akers didn't agrivate his pelvis injury when he tied the league record week 1 with that 63 yarder. Akers makes his kicks in both games we win them both. And our kicker situation will be corrected before next season, either by Akers getting back to his regular "Sure thing" self or by replacing him possibly with a late round draft pick.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:50 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote: we would have won both games if


    Yeah well the hawks had a few "shoulda, coulda, woulda's" themselves that would have had them at 14-2 and changing the whole face of the NFC playoff picture...........................
    Image
    User avatar
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1021
    Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Tonasket, WA to Temecula, CA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm
  • LawlessHawk wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote: we would have won both games if


    Yeah well the hawks had a few "shoulda, coulda, woulda's" themselves that would have had them at 14-2 and changing the whole face of the NFC playoff picture...........................


    Pretty sure that you guys did change the NFC playoff picture this year.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:09 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:Pretty sure that you guys did change the NFC playoff picture this year.


    Would have changed it a lot more if only the Rams had not had that stupid penalty at the end of overtime with you guys to have a tie, lol. Home field, 49ers @ Seahawks NFC Championship game, Seahawks likely in the Super Bowl. :( Oh, well...
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24137
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:08 am
  • We wouldn't of gotten into a 3 score deficit early either, perhaps it would've been the Ravens down that much early.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18795
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:12 am
  • Throwdown wrote:We wouldn't of gotten into a 3 score deficit early either, perhaps it would've been the Ravens down that much early.


    Just like you guys didn't find yourselves down by 3 scores at the half of your divisional matchup against the Falcons right?
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:34 am
  • Yeah and the best QB in the league got us back, just a shame the defense couldn't stop Gonzalez.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18795
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:57 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Yeah and the best QB in the league got us back, just a shame the defense couldn't stop Gonzalez.


    If you guys found yourselves down by 3 scores early against the Falcons, who we beat the following week, what makes you so confident that you wouldn't have found yourselves down by 3 scores or even more against the Ravens?
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:29 am
  • First Name: Russell

    Last Name: Wilson

    Seriously though, we're just better than you guys and that's all the reason I need, play boy.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18795
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:55 am
  • Throwdown wrote:First Name: Russell

    Last Name: Wilson

    Seriously though, we're just better than you guys and that's all the reason I need, play boy.


    Yes your boy has a first and last name, and I am not denying he has talent. But the most talented? I'll hold my opinion on that as I am in your board and not mine. ;)

    Better than us? Kaepernick did what your boy couldn't...beat the Falcons in their house. And also crushed the Packers the week before that. But I am aware that I am on a Seahawks MB and will not get too much in the way of your homerism.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:58 am
  • Mannnnnnn if it wasn't for that defensive holding it wouldn't of happened ;)
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18795
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Yes your boy has a first and last name, and I am not denying he has talent. But the most talented? I'll hold my opinion on that as I am in your board and not mine. ;)

    Better than us? Kaepernick did what your boy couldn't...beat the Falcons in their house. And also crushed the Packers the week before that. But I am aware that I am on a Seahawks MB and will not get too much in the way of your homerism.


    I take it you're not aware of the Deion Sanders "First name Russell, last name Wilson" thing? In any case, give me a freaking break. Kaepernick didn't do anything special in that game. Your team won that one, not your quarterback. He had 1 TD and 233 yards passing. Russell Wilson had 385 yards passing, 2 TDs, and a rushing TD. The LAST thing you guys did was win because of Kaepernick's performance.

    Congrats on beating them; you did it, we didn't. However, WE didn't beat them for the same reason we lost about 3 other games this year; our offensive coordinator was a conservative pansy in the first half of the game. If Darrell Bevell doesn't grow a pair and be aggressive and call plays to Wilson's strengths from the start of each game next year for us, I'll be livid; because it likely cost us a Super Bowl appearance. (Sorry, you're not going to convince me the Seahawks would not have had a good chance at beating you in San Francisco.) I get the feeling you empathize with this, because the 49ers had pretty mediocre play-calling in the first half of the Super Bowl.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24137
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:34 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Yes your boy has a first and last name, and I am not denying he has talent. But the most talented? I'll hold my opinion on that as I am in your board and not mine. ;)

    Better than us? Kaepernick did what your boy couldn't...beat the Falcons in their house. And also crushed the Packers the week before that. But I am aware that I am on a Seahawks MB and will not get too much in the way of your homerism.


    I take it you're not aware of the Deion Sanders "First name Russell, last name Wilson" thing? In any case, give me a freaking break. Kaepernick didn't do anything special in that game. Your team won that one, not your quarterback. He had 1 TD and 233 yards passing. Russell Wilson had 385 yards passing, 2 TDs, and a rushing TD. The LAST thing you guys did was win because of Kaepernick's performance.

    Congrats on beating them; you did it, we didn't. However, WE didn't beat them for the same reason we lost about 3 other games this year; our offensive coordinator was a conservative pansy in the first half of the game. If Darrell Bevell doesn't grow a pair and be aggressive and call plays to Wilson's strengths from the start of each game next year for us, I'll be livid; because it likely cost us a Super Bowl appearance. (Sorry, you're not going to convince me the Seahawks would not have had a good chance at beating you in San Francisco.) I get the feeling you empathize with this, because the 49ers had pretty mediocre play-calling in the first half of the Super Bowl.


    Yes I know exactly what you're talking about as far as the play calling. It is frustrating to watch your team have fireworks one game to just follow it with a mediocre scheme. And I think it is safe to say that the passing yard argument is a bit overrated as teams who are made one dimensional by mid game have QB's with big stats despite coming up short in a losing effort.

    I do remember Deion Sanders saying that phrase multiple times last season. But what does that have to do with it?

    And yes any team has a chance to win any game. The reason why us Niner fans didn't want to face u in the NFCCG is not because we didn't think we could beat you, it was because we know that your defense plays chippy and didn't want to risk having one of our playmakers injured during that hypothetical game and not available for the SB after we beat you. And we also knew that you guys would have bruised up the Falcons enough to make it easier for us. Thanks for that by the way ;). So now you all know the real reason why we didn't want to see you beat the Falcons.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:32 pm
  • Bobby Knight was also a great coach. He also was a complete butthole that had no class, no respect for others, and treated anybody who dare ask him a question to threats of violence. The guy is a POS. So is Harbaugh. They are two of a kind. So no... not questioning their coaching ability. Just their character. They are both jerks of the highest order and no... I wouldn't want to vote for a team with them as my coach. I'd do anything I could to have Harbaugh run out of town if the Hawks ever hired him.

    I've done similar with the Mariners. They are my team. They always will be. But I have vowed not to spend another penny on that team until Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong are shown the door. I didn't watch or attend a Mariners game for the last two seasons because of those two buffoons. I still hope the players do well, I hope Eric Wedge does well. I hope Jack Z. does well. But I won't support the team. I speak with my wallet. If Harbaugh were the Hawk's coach I'd stop buying merchandise, wouldn't pay for NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. I'd wish the team well, but I'd be happy to wait it out until he was removed as coach.

    49ers fans are typically as arrogant and ridiculous as Harbaugh though from my experience, so it's a good match. Just as it was for Bob Knight in Indiana, because the people are so ridiculously over the top about hoops there that they let anything slide if you win. Basketball is bigger than God in Indiana, so Bob Knight got a free pass. San Francisco is so desperate to win that they accept Harbaugh's antics.

    There is a time when the fans wouldn't though. Their coaches were lowkey and they liked them that way. Walsh and then Seifert were as low key as you could get. Both very calm teachers. Harbaugh wouldn't have been considered for the head coaching job in that era. But after having Singletary and his antics, I think the team put aside their typical attempts at meeting all expectations for excellence in a coach and just picked a guy that would likely win, no matter what a complete jackass he is.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:50 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:Bobby Knight was also a great coach. He also was a complete butthole that had no class, no respect for others, and treated anybody who dare ask him a question to threats of violence. The guy is a POS. So is Harbaugh. They are two of a kind. So no... not questioning their coaching ability. Just their character. They are both jerks of the highest order and no... I wouldn't want to vote for a team with them as my coach. I'd do anything I could to have Harbaugh run out of town if the Hawks ever hired him.

    I've done similar with the Mariners. They are my team. They always will be. But I have vowed not to spend another penny on that team until Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong are shown the door. I didn't watch or attend a Mariners game for the last two seasons because of those two buffoons. I still hope the players do well, I hope Eric Wedge does well. I hope Jack Z. does well. But I won't support the team. I speak with my wallet. If Harbaugh were the Hawk's coach I'd stop buying merchandise, wouldn't pay for NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. I'd wish the team well, but I'd be happy to wait it out until he was removed as coach.

    49ers fans are typically as arrogant and ridiculous as Harbaugh though from my experience, so it's a good match. Just as it was for Bob Knight in Indiana, because the people are so ridiculously over the top about hoops there that they let anything slide if you win. Basketball is bigger than God in Indiana, so Bob Knight got a free pass. San Francisco is so desperate to win that they accept Harbaugh's antics.

    There is a time when the fans wouldn't though. Their coaches were lowkey and they liked them that way. Walsh and then Seifert were as low key as you could get. Both very calm teachers. Harbaugh wouldn't have been considered for the head coaching job in that era. But after having Singletary and his antics, I think the team put aside their typical attempts at meeting all expectations for excellence in a coach and just picked a guy that would likely win, no matter what a complete jackass he is.


    It's funny how you mention being arrogant. After 1 decent season quite a few of the members on here are what I would describe as arrogant as well. If your team continues to win more than lose in future seasons, I imagine that you all will become what you hate in some of the Niner fans that you have come across back in the day.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:02 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Bobby Knight was also a great coach. He also was a complete butthole that had no class, no respect for others, and treated anybody who dare ask him a question to threats of violence. The guy is a POS. So is Harbaugh. They are two of a kind. So no... not questioning their coaching ability. Just their character. They are both jerks of the highest order and no... I wouldn't want to vote for a team with them as my coach. I'd do anything I could to have Harbaugh run out of town if the Hawks ever hired him.

    I've done similar with the Mariners. They are my team. They always will be. But I have vowed not to spend another penny on that team until Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong are shown the door. I didn't watch or attend a Mariners game for the last two seasons because of those two buffoons. I still hope the players do well, I hope Eric Wedge does well. I hope Jack Z. does well. But I won't support the team. I speak with my wallet. If Harbaugh were the Hawk's coach I'd stop buying merchandise, wouldn't pay for NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. I'd wish the team well, but I'd be happy to wait it out until he was removed as coach.

    49ers fans are typically as arrogant and ridiculous as Harbaugh though from my experience, so it's a good match. Just as it was for Bob Knight in Indiana, because the people are so ridiculously over the top about hoops there that they let anything slide if you win. Basketball is bigger than God in Indiana, so Bob Knight got a free pass. San Francisco is so desperate to win that they accept Harbaugh's antics.

    There is a time when the fans wouldn't though. Their coaches were lowkey and they liked them that way. Walsh and then Seifert were as low key as you could get. Both very calm teachers. Harbaugh wouldn't have been considered for the head coaching job in that era. But after having Singletary and his antics, I think the team put aside their typical attempts at meeting all expectations for excellence in a coach and just picked a guy that would likely win, no matter what a complete jackass he is.


    It's funny how you mention being arrogant. After 1 decent season quite a few of the members on here are what I would describe as arrogant as well. If your team continues to win more than lose in future seasons, I imagine that you all will become what you hate in some of the Niner fans that you have come across back in the day.


    If you don't like it feel free to leave.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9074
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:38 pm
  • Ninerlifer - It's not really helping your argument to keep bringing up the fact SF beat Atlanta, because they didn't walk away with the trophy. 31 teams failed this year, including the niners. As far as the Seahawks v. Niners discussion, it's pretty obvious both teams are very good, but just like I was sweating the niners last year because they were the better team at that point, you'll be sweating the Seahawks this season. You're sweating them now and it's February.
    Danger Zone
    User avatar
    Archer
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 137
    Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:31 pm


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:51 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Bobby Knight was also a great coach. He also was a complete butthole that had no class, no respect for others, and treated anybody who dare ask him a question to threats of violence. The guy is a POS. So is Harbaugh. They are two of a kind. So no... not questioning their coaching ability. Just their character. They are both jerks of the highest order and no... I wouldn't want to vote for a team with them as my coach. I'd do anything I could to have Harbaugh run out of town if the Hawks ever hired him.

    I've done similar with the Mariners. They are my team. They always will be. But I have vowed not to spend another penny on that team until Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong are shown the door. I didn't watch or attend a Mariners game for the last two seasons because of those two buffoons. I still hope the players do well, I hope Eric Wedge does well. I hope Jack Z. does well. But I won't support the team. I speak with my wallet. If Harbaugh were the Hawk's coach I'd stop buying merchandise, wouldn't pay for NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. I'd wish the team well, but I'd be happy to wait it out until he was removed as coach.

    49ers fans are typically as arrogant and ridiculous as Harbaugh though from my experience, so it's a good match. Just as it was for Bob Knight in Indiana, because the people are so ridiculously over the top about hoops there that they let anything slide if you win. Basketball is bigger than God in Indiana, so Bob Knight got a free pass. San Francisco is so desperate to win that they accept Harbaugh's antics.

    There is a time when the fans wouldn't though. Their coaches were lowkey and they liked them that way. Walsh and then Seifert were as low key as you could get. Both very calm teachers. Harbaugh wouldn't have been considered for the head coaching job in that era. But after having Singletary and his antics, I think the team put aside their typical attempts at meeting all expectations for excellence in a coach and just picked a guy that would likely win, no matter what a complete jackass he is.


    It's funny how you mention being arrogant. After 1 decent season quite a few of the members on here are what I would describe as arrogant as well. If your team continues to win more than lose in future seasons, I imagine that you all will become what you hate in some of the Niner fans that you have come across back in the day.


    1 decent season? Compare division titles in the NFC West between our two organizations since we joined in 2002. We have 5 division titles to your 3. We had as many regular season wins as you did this year. Did you happen to notice that little nugget? Compare our team's records since we joined the NFC west. Head to head and overall. Go for it. Then tell us we've had "one decent season". What a moronic thing to say.

    There's a door. It's called the "logout" button. Feel free to use it if you don't like our "attitude" on a Seahawks board and for being excited that we've been even or better than you consistently for the last 11 seasons since joining the NFC West. Go hang out on a 49ers board and you can all snuggle up to Harbitch all you want. He's a douche bag. There... that's my attitude and I support the Seahawks. You support a different team. Go talk about how great they are with others who agree with you. I think they are a stupid organization that has hired more bad coaches than they know what to do with since Walsh left. We've clearly been the superior team over the last 10 seasons. Clearly. You know it is true. You've had two good seasons while we rebuilt, and as we rebuilt again this year we still pulled out as many wins as you did. We don't need to get "an attitude", we just need to state facts, and the facts show that the Hawks have been better in this division than the niners have been since the day we joined. Facts win.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Jim Harbaugh Style
Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:33 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Bobby Knight was also a great coach. He also was a complete butthole that had no class, no respect for others, and treated anybody who dare ask him a question to threats of violence. The guy is a POS. So is Harbaugh. They are two of a kind. So no... not questioning their coaching ability. Just their character. They are both jerks of the highest order and no... I wouldn't want to vote for a team with them as my coach. I'd do anything I could to have Harbaugh run out of town if the Hawks ever hired him.

    I've done similar with the Mariners. They are my team. They always will be. But I have vowed not to spend another penny on that team until Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong are shown the door. I didn't watch or attend a Mariners game for the last two seasons because of those two buffoons. I still hope the players do well, I hope Eric Wedge does well. I hope Jack Z. does well. But I won't support the team. I speak with my wallet. If Harbaugh were the Hawk's coach I'd stop buying merchandise, wouldn't pay for NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. I'd wish the team well, but I'd be happy to wait it out until he was removed as coach.

    49ers fans are typically as arrogant and ridiculous as Harbaugh though from my experience, so it's a good match. Just as it was for Bob Knight in Indiana, because the people are so ridiculously over the top about hoops there that they let anything slide if you win. Basketball is bigger than God in Indiana, so Bob Knight got a free pass. San Francisco is so desperate to win that they accept Harbaugh's antics.

    There is a time when the fans wouldn't though. Their coaches were lowkey and they liked them that way. Walsh and then Seifert were as low key as you could get. Both very calm teachers. Harbaugh wouldn't have been considered for the head coaching job in that era. But after having Singletary and his antics, I think the team put aside their typical attempts at meeting all expectations for excellence in a coach and just picked a guy that would likely win, no matter what a complete jackass he is.


    It's funny how you mention being arrogant. After 1 decent season quite a few of the members on here are what I would describe as arrogant as well. If your team continues to win more than lose in future seasons, I imagine that you all will become what you hate in some of the Niner fans that you have come across back in the day.


    You can avoid this site if you wanted. We cannot avoid Jim Harbitch.

    And don't get anyone started about arrogant fans squaking after a single good season. As a season ticket holder, I didn't even know what a 49er fan looked liked up until 2 years ago. Now they're everywhere barking about their 5 titles.
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4613
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA




It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online