Whiners lose Tom Gamble

ihawk

Reaction score
Every little bit helps...

Per Rotoworld:
Eagles hired 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble as vice president of player personnel.
A hot name in GM searches this offseason, Gamble will instead make a lateral move to Philadelphia. Considered a big factor in the 49ers' recent success in the draft and free agency, Gamble will work very closely with GM Howie Roseman and coach Chip Kelly. It's a big get for Roseman, whose evaluation skills have been questioned. It's an equally big loss for the 49ers.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
That's interesting he would take a lateral move away from the niners, eh? Well I guess he got bumped a notch to VP from Director. Still kinda strange.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd make fun of the 49ers for Harbaugh driving one of his guys out because it's a lateral move, but we let a guy go to Jacksonville for a lateral move as well, so the same argument could be made; though I doubt it was because of any dislike toward Pete Carroll.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1au5si2f said:
I'd make fun of the 49ers for Harbaugh driving one of his guys out because it's a lateral move, but we let a guy go to Jacksonville for a lateral move as well, so the same argument could be made; though I doubt it was because of any dislike toward Pete Carroll.

Except that in our case, Bradley took one of his guys with him whereas Harbaugh drove off someone 'above' him.

mikeak

Reaction score
So if a 49ers aren't letting some guys go and even interview but they let others make lateral moves does this mean they aren't very impressed with the guy internally?..........

NinerLifer

Reaction score
mikeak":j1v5gvre said:
So if a 49ers aren't letting some guys go and even interview but they let others make lateral moves does this mean they aren't very impressed with the guy internally?..........

Bingo! :)

garydrake425

Reaction score
NinerLifer":109eogta said:
mikeak":109eogta said:

Bingo! :)
Lets just hope they replace him with a dumb DB.

NorCal

Reaction score
mikeak":1hrvsrqo said:

I'm not sure the same rules apply for front office personnel. Obviously Harbs didn't allow one of his coaches to interview for a lateral move, but Gamble was in the front office. So, assuming the same rules do apply, it would then be up to Baalke and Jed York to allow him to interview, right?

Either way, its bad timing being so close to the combine, etc.

hawker84

Reaction score
NorCal":14lwh8e8 said:
mikeak":14lwh8e8 said:

I'm not sure the same rules apply for front office personnel. Obviously Harbs didn't allow one of his coaches to interview for a lateral move, but Gamble was in the front office. So, assuming the same rules do apply, it would then be up to Baalke and Jed York to allow him to interview, right?

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Baalke your golden boy when it comes to the combine and the draft, and Gamble was more about FA? if that's the case i don't see it as a big deal....

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hawker84":1kscz97y said:
NorCal":1kscz97y said:
mikeak":1kscz97y said:

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Baalke your golden boy when it comes to the combine and the draft, and Gamble was more about FA? if that's the case i don't see it as a big deal....

It's easy for me to start to respect a rival fan when he has done his research and knows what he is talking about. :)