Heart Attack Grill greeter dies from heart attack @ 52

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13

• Dude was #180, so it wasn't from eating the food there. I did go there when it was in Chandler AZ. It was a blast.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:Dude was #180, so it wasn't from eating the food there. I did go there when it was in Chandler AZ. It was a blast.

Completely untrue. You don't have to be overweight to have a heart attack. If a pro athlete ate nothing but bacon and cheese they would die of a heart attack too. They could maintain a nice trim weight with enough exercise but you can't work your arteries clear. Eat some veggies.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• So maybe eating a cucumber, then downing a 2 pound burger would make it ok.?.....Nah. I worked with a guy once. We did graveyard shift. he was 35 and always picked me up and we rode together to work.

One night he picked me up and said, Rob, I am not feeling right, and I said well, lets go to the hospital, he went on to work. Later in the night we all broke for lunch and he never showed up.

We all searched for him and found him on the floor. He ended up with at quad bypass at 35 and he was not overweight.

It has a lot more to do with other factors than big macs and crappy food.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• You're right. Olive oil is dangerous to your arteries too. You completely missed my point, and then made it again.

In your first post you said he was only 180# so it wasn't the food there that killed him. You can eat a shitty diet and still be thin if you are active enough. Most athletes don't eat like that because it will make you feel like crap but a lot of the type of folks who spend their days at the gym so they can maintain a 'healthy' weight do eat that crap...and they aren't overweight.

Everything from the FDA on fats is total bullshit. "Unsaturated" fats (like olive oil) contain a certain portion of saturated fat, even when labeled as 0 (this is not news to most). As long as trans fats, or other saturated fats are below a certain amount per serving (serving size 1/4 teaspoon anyone?) they don't have to include them on the ingredient list. So eating "heart healthy" oils on a daily basis will clog your arteries just like a Big Mac. Maybe not as fast, but if you're not eating enough cruciferous vegetables to clean up your arteries, and you eat fats and oils daily you will eventually develop heart disease.

Screw cucumbers, eat some kale.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information