Percy Harvin's Availaibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CPHawk":27by75kt said:
Zebulon Dak":27by75kt said:
CPHawk":27by75kt said:
To say he has injury issues, is a gross over exaggeration. He has played 15, 14, 16 and 9 games in his 4 years in the NFL. He's only 24, and people who keep acting like Tate would be gone are just as crazy as those of you thinking Tate is better then Harvin. Tate can play outside just fine.

To say he has injury issues is not a gross exaggeration. In fact it's extremely accurate. He has injury issues. He has migraines which, while not technically an "injury", have at times been debilitating for him. Again, not a reason to completely disregard the idea of bringing him in, but a red flag for sure.

Micheal Jordan won 6 titles while Scotty Pippin had migraines.

Fixed. :p

Axx

Reaction score
How about we trade Flynn for Harvin but put a little "Poison Pill" in the deal to screw Minnesota over like they screwed us in the past.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Migraines frighten me....Harvin's in particular. As good as the kid has been, he's also proven to be a me first diva. Considering his flair for dramatics and pissy temperment, how do we know when he's having migraines or just having an un-provable pissy-fit? The best way to protect ourselves from having to ask that question is just pass on him. He's about to command huge money and with the rookie cap in place, I'd *sooner use our 1 on the next Harvin at a fraction of the cost / attitude.

* I do not want to use our 1 on a receiver but would prefer this route over Harvin. Chemistry and all that.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Harvin would be a MAJOR upgrade at WR. He is arguably the most electric and best YAC receiver in the NFL at this time. If Seattle doesn't want him because they think Golden Tate is the answer, they would be foolish.

I think WR is a very big need for Seattle, and hope they can bring in one of the big WRs available like Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Percy Harvin, Wes Welker, Greg Jennings, etc.

Watching the games closely, a major reason why RW has to scramble so much is because the WRs can not get separation. Sure, there are lots of times where he scrambled too early, or missed seeing the open receiver, but a big part of it was the receivers being blanketed.

This team does not have a true WR1 in the NFL who commands coverage and helps other receivers get open.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Axx":2ptngffz said:
How about we trade Flynn for Harvin but put a little "Poison Pill" in the deal to screw Minnesota over like they screwed us in the past.

That's how we got Nate Burleson.

NFL also doesn't allow those type of Poison Pill clauses any longer.

HUGGY

Reaction score
Bus035":3k0o9uxm said:
Personally, I am a diehard Seahawk fan. As I know all of the rest of you are. How would you feel about a Flynn/3rd Round flip for Harvin/Joe Webb (very hypothetical)? Harvin is a game changer and we all know what the Vikings were able to accomplish with Favre, Harvin, and Rice. Furthermore, I am very intrigued by the possibility of Harvin, Rice, and Wilson working together. I believe Harvin would immensely improve our team. Also, I am a slight Golden Tate fan but I think he is an obvious "poor man's" version to Harvin, just my opinion. I would love others thoughts.............Thanks!

Harvin only ran a 4.28 low at the combine. I dunno...????

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Rice, Tate, & Harvin...well maybe but I wouldn't give up Rice or Tate just to get Harvin. those guys are developing chemistry with our young QB. Heck Tate probably spent the weekend watching tape and running plays with Russell.

HUGGY

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1akyrwiy said:
Rice, Tate, & Harvin...well maybe but I wouldn't give up Rice or Tate just to get Harvin. those guys are developing chemistry with our young QB. Heck Tate probably spent the weekend watching tape and running plays with Russell.

Do they still use "tape"?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Call me crazy but my gut tells me there is a very good chance we make a trade for him, like 67% probable, Danny Kelly swayed me like 17%

Reggie Dunlop

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3awsereo said:

Im pretty sure no one in the FO of Minnesota would touch Rice. He was drafted and developed there, and then defected to Seattle for more dough.

They are in need for WR help. I would love flipping Baldwin & our 2nd rounder for Harvin. Or better yet, our 2nd and 4th rounder, and keep Baldwin as our #4 WR.

Injury concerns over Harvin are grossly over-exaggerated here, and way out of context. The last time Percy missed a game due to a migraine was 2010. He played all 16 games in 2011, and was on pace to play all 16 games last year until Wagner (I believe) tackled him and twisted his ankle in the process, pulling/tearing a few ligaments. That was the first known physical injury Harvin's actually missed a game because. Football is a rough sport, and people play injured all the time - Harvin included. He's one of the toughest, shiftiest, fastest receivers to play the game today. And he is just entering his prime.

Add in that Bevell was his OC in Minnesota, and our need for a dynamic "X factor" on offense to pair with Wilson, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more analysts pairing Harvin with the Seahawks in a potential trade. Seattle has more than enough depth on D and O to trade quantity (draft picks) for quality (Harvin).

themunn

Reaction score
HUGGY":725czdbk said:
Bus035":725czdbk said:
Personally, I am a diehard Seahawk fan. As I know all of the rest of you are. How would you feel about a Flynn/3rd Round flip for Harvin/Joe Webb (very hypothetical)? Harvin is a game changer and we all know what the Vikings were able to accomplish with Favre, Harvin, and Rice. Furthermore, I am very intrigued by the possibility of Harvin, Rice, and Wilson working together. I believe Harvin would immensely improve our team. Also, I am a slight Golden Tate fan but I think he is an obvious "poor man's" version to Harvin, just my opinion. I would love others thoughts.............Thanks!

Harvin only ran a 4.28 low at the combine. I dunno...????

You mean a 4.41 right?
Compared to Tate's 4.42?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Looks like Tubby is talking to Paul Allen (the Minny broadcaster) about it so it is a legit idea. I don't like it... No way that kind of swap for Harvin, not in my realm.

TJH

Reaction score
Axx":79ubzyea said:
A "poison pill" in a trade would be retarded because the other team has to agree to it.

lukerguy

Reaction score
You can argue whether or not it's a good decision to acquire Harvin, but there is no way you can even consider Tate being in the same class as Harvin. Tate has always struggled with route running. Harvin is a RR professional. They have the same speed, but Harvin separates himself from defenders better than anyone in the league based on his route running and agility.

Also, think about the possibilities in the read option when we give Lynch a break? or bubble screens in the read option formation with lynch in the backfield and him in the slot?

PC/JS like game changers. Harvin certainly is that. Don't sleep on him.[youtube]Dl498S1-is4[/youtube]
Watch the run at 1:34

Rat

Reaction score
Axx":31r935bq said:
That makes no sense. Harvin isn't an RFA or a tagged UFA. And if he was, why would we throw in Flynn for nothing?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":uamito8d said:
In Harvin's defense, he got hurt BY US. Yep. Week 9. He was getting me mega points on my fantasy league until then. I said it then, that Harvin's loss was a bigger issue for Minn not making the playoffs. He is that valuable.(and yes, I know what a big year AP had).

And yet, Minnesota made the playoffs without him, and many would argue they played better after he was IR'ed for having a bad attitude. (They finished 5-2 after the Seahawks game.)

Rat

Reaction score
DavidSeven":25gjo2ih said:
Seahwkgal":25gjo2ih said:
In Harvin's defense, he got hurt BY US. Yep. Week 9. He was getting me mega points on my fantasy league until then. I said it then, that Harvin's loss was a bigger issue for Minn not making the playoffs. He is that valuable.(and yes, I know what a big year AP had).

And yet, Minnesota made the playoffs without him, and many would argue they played better after he was IR'ed for having a bad attitude. (They finished 5-2 after the Seahawks game.)
Didn't hurt that Adrian Peterson rushed for over 1000 yards in those last seven games.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Rat":159uj258 said:
DavidSeven":159uj258 said:
Seahwkgal":159uj258 said:

Didn't hurt that Adrian Peterson rushed for over 1000 yards in those last seven games.

Of course not. Just skeptical of the thought that Harvin was a make or break player for Minny.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawks.net .. where Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin are better than a 24 year old with 4x their production.

(Face palm)

If you want to say it's about money.. then yeah I get that.. we have a ton of talent we will have to start paying soon. But in regards to sheer talent.. this is a no brainer. Harvin is unbelievably gifted and athletic. In our offense he would be ridiculous. Imagine running read-option with Wilson/Lynch/Harvin in your backfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.