The Thurmond III Experiment

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":noaz18oh said:
What are the chances that he will play 16 games next year? Less than 50%! Does the Front Office want to take that chance?

Com'on how many players actually play a full 16 game season? A vast majority miss at least 1 game. You might want to re-frame your question.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I say keep the guy another season. He was good when he played and a healthy WT gives the team a nickel option better than most and depth.

Give him a chance to truly get healthy, it isn't like he is big money player. I see another DB find in the draft coming also.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
v1rotv2":j84e2pst said:
Bigpumpkin":j84e2pst said:
What are the chances that he will play 16 games next year? Less than 50%! Does the Front Office want to take that chance?

Com'on how many players actually play a full 16 game season? A vast majority miss at least 1 game. You might want to re-frame your question.

The vast majority? Are you sure?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1inuianv said:
I was reading that his injuries were really flukes.
He should be able to come back this next season and actually contend for Browners spot.
If not, he will be the nickle back we have needed..

I wouldn't quite call them flukes he has been injured A LOT going back to college but there is hope he can get healthy.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":wq3y2mkq said:
I wouldn't quite call them flukes he has been injured A LOT going back to college but there is hope he can get healthy.

Well If anyone can get get him right, it's the present Hawks S&C guys. Glad they didn't let him do a S. Springs by coming back early and blowing a hole in his hammy.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
If Thurmond comes back ready, the Legion will thrive.

I don't think the Hawks should be doing anything with big money DB's, I think they should pick from PC's long list of recruits that he knew of that will be coming out this year. This being his fourth year, he still had some guys in mind that will be available. Thurmond plays? Nickel issue solved, but I would like to see some depth. I think Lane will improve too.

gmor

Reaction score
sutz":3fqecb5b said:
Certainly not now. At least give him training camp and pre-season to prove himself.

:229031_shrug:

This is the problem. Like Obu, he'll look great in camp and then come up lame a few games into the season. It's easier to tolerate while on a rookie contract, but there comes a time when he's just killing others possibilities.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He has one more year left on his rookie deal. He will be on the roster this year unless he gets IR'd I'm sure. And given his history, we certainly cannot rule that out. He will do everything he can though, this is his last chance to get a decent second contract.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
debevemos":3lza60b0 said:
No reason to give up on him when you're paying him pennies. He's a talented player who's had an unfortunate run of luck with injuries, which is exactly how I feel about Carpenter.

I think both play 14+ regular season games each next season.

Carp's kind of on the Max Unger carreer path:

Unger- Plays first year out of position- Guard and is underwhelming. 2nd year- get's injured after 1 game. 3rd year- becomes a fixture at Center and plays very well.

Carp- Plays first year out of position - Right Tackle and is undewhelming. 2nd year He's injured, but plays 3+ games at LG and plays well. year 3- He should start the OTA's at Left guard fully healthy.