Speaking of WR's

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Speaking of WR's
Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:08 pm
  • So there's several topics on this. Some people think we should bring a FA in (not my personal choice) and some people think we should draft a guy....which round differs.

The Ravens are about to pay Flacco. It's been surmised around the league that guys like Krueger won't be resigned, and guys like Boldin will be a salary cap casualty.

So, does Boldin uprade us at WR ? I believe he wouldn't break the bank, and at this stage of his career, he probably won't go to a crappy team that can over pay him, he will probably want a winner. Discuss....
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Re: Speaking of WR's
Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:15 pm
  • I'd absolutely take Boldin. Dude's a monster and always has been. He's clutch.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:32 pm
  • I'm just can't like the 'Hawks grabbing a FA like him. If we were to grab anyone, I'd have liked it to be Brandon Marshall, but that's about it.
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:34 pm
  • ??? Boldin is a beast, and makes huge play after huge play, and in the clutch.
    Why would we NOT want a guy like that?
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:44 pm
  • I think they have the leadership they are looking for in young Russell Wilson. So ..... I think they look for young receivers that can grow and develop with Wilson at cap friendly prices.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:49 pm
  • Boldin is in the twilight of his career. No one *contender* is going to give him a big contract. He doesn't have the time to grow with a poor team.

I think he'd be cap friendly, and could still provide impact for another year or two.

Who would he replace though ?
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:50 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:Boldin is in the twilight of his career. No one *contender* is going to give him a big contract. He doesn't have the time to grow with a poor team.

I think he'd be cap friendly, and could still provide impact for another year or two.

Who would he replace though ?

They'd have to battle it out!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:54 pm
  • Would love him here. He's exactly the kind of receiver I like.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:32 pm
  • I would love to get Boldin, dude is just a ball player and clutch as all get out.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:39 pm
  • I'm not big on FA, but I'd take Boldin in a heartbeat. Love that guy.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:41 pm
  • I'm real big on the youth movement, but I have to believe that Wilson/Boldin would instantly become one of the best duos in the league.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:43 pm
  • count me in the "I dont want to pay for a FA but I would gladly trade for boldin and pay him" camp. Boldin's one of the very few WR's in the league outside of the obvious choices (Julio Jones, AJ Green etc) I would love to have.

But I don't think they sing flacco only to drop his most sure-handed receivers.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:56 pm
  • Boldin would be great. Dude is super clutch and he has some solid years left in him as well, definitely.
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:03 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:??? Boldin is a beast, and makes huge play after huge play, and in the clutch.

Cost?
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:07 pm
  • 6'1" 220# 32 years old. 65 receptions for 921 yards, 14.2 YPC and 4 TDs. He is clutch, gets those first downs and would probably love to stick it to Arizona. :D
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 pm
  • I think I like Kruger better.
    SPOHAWK
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:??? Boldin is a beast, and makes huge play after huge play, and in the clutch.

....because he played for the Arizona Cardinals? ;)
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:53 am
  • Boldin would be a HUGE asset to Russel Wilson...he's exactly the type of WR we need. He makes plays by getting open or fighting for the ball after plays break down, which is the weakness in our current WR IMO. He goes to the ball and gets it. I don't think he's as much of a deep threat, but we've got WR that can run down feild. I would love to see Boldin on this team.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 am
  • Seems like everyone is huge on Boldin. But I agree. Guy is clutch and would be a huge addition to our receiving core if we had him.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:44 am
  • Boldin is probably one of the most likeable players in the NFL. Fans of all 32 teams would jump at the chance to get him. I think he will re-up with Baltimore
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:51 am
  • Fans in Baltimore don't seem to have such a rosy outlook on Boldin as everyone here seems to have. Sure he balled in the playoffs and had like 4 touchdown, but I think in the past two regular seasons he's like 4 touchdowns this year and like 3 last year. I've also heard although he is a crafty receiver and knows how to get YAC, he is super slow, like one of the slowest receivers in the NFL. This could hurt him even more as he continues to get older. Not sure I would sign him to a big contract.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 am
  • SPOHAWK wrote:I think I like Kruger better.

Kruger was kind of a one-hit wonder, as a second round pick he only had 6.5 sacks his first three years in the league.

Boldin is a proven vet, you know what you're going to get out of him. With his physical ability I see him aging well.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 am
  • I dunno that he is better than Tate or Rice at this point in their careers. I've loved him since he played QB at FSU, but I don't see it as a fit. And I'd rather spend that money extending one of our own.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:09 pm
  • I salivate at the thought of a mega speed guy like Mike Wallace coming here. :3: However, unfortunately the price tag might be a bit high. And yes, I would welcome Boldin as he catches everything thrown his way and has the size to grab passes in traffic.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:50 pm
  • i'd take Paul Kreuger first but i would love to have Boldin. tate, Rice Baldwin and Boldin would be an awesome lineup for Dangeruss!!!
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:44 pm

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:45 pm
  • aawolf wrote:Boldin would be a HUGE asset to Russel Wilson...he's exactly the type of WR we need. He makes plays by getting open or fighting for the ball after plays break down, which is the weakness in our current WR IMO. He goes to the ball and gets it. I don't think he's as much of a deep threat, but we've got WR that can run down feild. I would love to see Boldin on this team.

I"m not sure he's the exactly the type of WR we need.

We have two Boldin like's already.

The kind of receiver we need is a speed burner, that demands double coverage to take any pressure off of Tate and Bouldwin.

Trouble is money.

Trade Rice, sign Mike Wallace. problem solved, we then also have a extra draft choice.
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:35 pm
  • i would pass. boldin really stepped it up in the playoffs but he really didnt do too much in the regular season. he finally got his ring and if i were him i would be looking for one last big payday before retiring. besides didnt he say if the ravens didnt resign him he wouldnt play in another uniform?
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:21 am
  • We already have a possession guy in Baldwin who has more speed and gets better separation.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:16 am
  • Boldin owes his toughness to the 'quickening' he received, courtesy of Ken Hamlin. (*_*)
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:40 am
  • We tend to get bargain FA's when they are on the older side. If he wants another ring more than a fat paycheck, then he'll give us a look.
    gmor
    NET Rookie

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:32 pm
  • Did some of you change your tune on Boldin now that he is a 49er?
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:15 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:Did some of you change your tune on Boldin now that he is a 49er?

Bwahaha. Yeah suddenly he's 'on the decline.' The season will be interesting to say the least.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:31 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:Did some of you change your tune on Boldin now that he is a 49er?

Not me. If we could have gotten Boldin for a 6th on top of getting Harvin, I'd have pulled the trigger on that. Of course, that's based on his performance during the postseason last year. His regular season numbers aren't as impressive.

And here's the thing... Boldin actually IS on the decline, but his peak was so impressive that his decline still means he provides solid depth for a WR-needy team. He's got great hands and muscles the ball away from defenders. That said, he's not your #1 or #2 guy any more.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:10 am
  • Good to see that my "sources" were right and Baltimore dumped him.

Boldin in the 49ers...well he can help, but I think we'll be seeing Sherman on Crabtree and Browner on Boldin. Browner is younger, more physical and faster than Boldin and his strengths erase Boldin's.

Boldin would've worked out for us against the Niners better than the Niners against us. Tech (correctly) posted that Baldwin is our possession guy that gets better separation. Boldin is more of a jump ball/out muscle the DB receiver at this point in his career. The Niners CB's last year weren't all that big or physical (they cover great and are good in run support, but get beat in the air), so I think Boldin was a good matchup on quick slants where he shields the ball from the defender.

It's going to be fun to watch the matchup, but I honestly think he'll have the least impact against us lined up against Browner.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:16 am

Yes. He's a 49er now so I hope he fails. Why, are you gonna be rooting for him now? Turncoat?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:59 pm

He had four touchdowns in the regular season.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:12 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:Good to see that my "sources" were right and Baltimore dumped him.

Boldin in the 49ers...well he can help, but I think we'll be seeing Sherman on Crabtree and Browner on Boldin. Browner is younger, more physical and faster than Boldin and his strengths erase Boldin's.

Boldin would've worked out for us against the Niners better than the Niners against us. Tech (correctly) posted that Baldwin is our possession guy that gets better separation. Boldin is more of a jump ball/out muscle the DB receiver at this point in his career. The Niners CB's last year weren't all that big or physical (they cover great and are good in run support, but get beat in the air), so I think Boldin was a good matchup on quick slants where he shields the ball from the defender.

It's going to be fun to watch the matchup, but I honestly think he'll have the least impact against us lined up against Browner.

Agree 100%
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:20 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:Did some of you change your tune on Boldin now that he is a 49er?

Yes. He's a 49er now so I hope he fails. Why, are you gonna be rooting for him now? Turncoat?

I wouldn't say I hope he fails, but I'm glad to see that the NFC West has built two powerhouses andit is much more enjoyable beating a nationally respected SF team than the cellar dwellar they were a few years ago.

And ZD you need to chill, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by rehashing the Harvin post. I just figured somebody needed to bump the old posts where we had such strong opinions one way or another. Nobody is every right 100% of the time, well.....ok maybe a few of you are, this is the internet and we can always hide behind our computers :mrgreen:
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:21 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information