best road game on the hawks schedule to travel to?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Axx":28u248x4 said:
Idk if i would want to travel to Atlanta, it has a pretty extreme hip-hop culture which just isnt my style.

Dude, seriously?

gspin2k1

Reaction score
My brothers live in NYC, would love to go to NYC to watch the Hawks play and hang out with the Bros.

Honestly I've never been to an away game for the Hawks. Wondering if I go to NYC how good/bad it'll be. Understandably wearing my Hawk jersey I'll get some comments which I can deal with. But yeah assuming I keep my manners...nothing more to worry about than people throwing "you suck" at me every now and then?

osprey6

Reaction score
gspin2k1":1jazouzu said:
Honestly I've never been to an away game for the Hawks. Wondering if I go to NYC how good/bad it'll be. Understandably wearing my Hawk jersey I'll get some comments which I can deal with. But yeah assuming I keep my manners...nothing more to worry about than people throwing "you suck" at me every now and then?

That would be my guess. My cousin has been to games in both old and new stadiums. He tells me Giants fans tend to be somewhat more relaxed in the harassment department, as the season tickets have generally been in the family longer. When I went to the NFL draft in 2011, I had no issues at all (struck up conversations with fans of 8 other teams) until I got to Penn Station on the way back and then heard one barely audible "Seahawks suck".

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
SeaTown81":27csbr1c said:
FlyingGreg":27csbr1c said:
Largent80":27csbr1c said:
Going to SF this year. the city is awesome and we are going to kick their asses.

I'm thinking about going to the game in SF as well...

Charlotte was kinda ho hum, IMO.

This is spot on. I live in North Carolina, and love living here. It is a beautiful state, and the cost of living is fantastic after 28 years on the West Coast. But Charlotte, to me, seems like the kind of place that's a nice place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit. Downtown is pretty sterile. Not a lot to do. There's some nice neighborhoods, but it just feels so dang suburban. As for the game day experience, BofA is filled with friendly home fans -- Southern hospitality exists even there -- but they are anything but raucous. I have seen a lot of games in visiting stadiums, and Charlotte definitely has the quietest fans.

Steve2222

Reaction score
HawkFanNC":3c9h8j4z said:
Charlotte was kinda ho hum, IMO.

This is spot on. I live in North Carolina, and love living here. It is a beautiful state, and the cost of living is fantastic after 28 years on the West Coast. But Charlotte, to me, seems like the kind of place that's a nice place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit. Downtown is pretty sterile. Not a lot to do. There's some nice neighborhoods, but it just feels so dang suburban. As for the game day experience, BofA is filled with friendly home fans -- Southern hospitality exists even there -- but they are anything but raucous. I have seen a lot of games in visiting stadiums, and Charlotte definitely has the quietest fans.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more about the Panthers fans. There was barley a speck of stadium noise and it wasn't even a sell out. However, I thought Charlotte was a very cool city, especially the Epicenter in Uptown.