Don't sleep on Jake Long

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Based on what I have seen so far from our Front Office, John Schnieder can squeeze a nickle pretty hard. I have serious doubts that John will spend $10 million for Jake.....on second thought, he wouldn't even pay $5 million!

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
He wouldn't take our RT offer over his 5+ LT offers.

If we are okay spending the money, a guy like Andre Smith from the Bengals graded out as a top 5 RT and there is a chance he will hit the open market because the Bengals need to Franchise their stud young DE Michael Johnson. Speaking of which either one of Smith or Johnson, whoever makes it to the market, I would love to see us pursue.

Both will be expensive though. . .

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Breno graded out as one of the worst starting tackles in the entire league. Sure a lot of that grade had to do with penalties and not squarely on blocking performance, but there were times where he wasn't paying very well in either the run or pass game. I agree that we could survive without a big change, but I don't understand how you couldn't at least consider that a position that would benefit from an upgrade.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":2vn3j8ih said:
Breno graded out as one of the worst starting tackles in the entire league. Sure a lot of that grade had to do with penalties and not squarely on blocking performance, but there were times where he wasn't paying very well in either the run or pass game. I agree that we could survive without a big change, but I don't understand how you couldn't at least consider that a position that would benefit from an upgrade.

Actually he graded out poorly on PFW or PFF's rankings (whatever it's called). They also had Earl Thomas as the 29th best safety in the NFL. So we can basically make any argument we want based on those stats. As you admit yourself, his stats were impacted heavily by early season penalties and once he'd sorted that out he was very good for the rest of the year.

The only evidence we need is to go back and watch a fantastic running game ALL season and the way we shut out a laundry list of the leagues best pass rushers. We do not need a right tackle. Most people on this forum can't even name five other NFL right tackles. I don't think I can without going on google. We didn't need a great right tackle in 2005. We are fine. It'd be a pointless waste of resources. We're getting fantastic value and performance from our o-line.

CANHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":37v3v1kw said:
The Yugoslavian":37v3v1kw said:

Actually he graded out poorly on PFW or PFF's rankings (whatever it's called). They also had Earl Thomas as the 29th best safety in the NFL. So we can basically make any argument we want based on those stats. As you admit yourself, his stats were impacted heavily by early season penalties and once he'd sorted that out he was very good for the rest of the year.

The only evidence we need is to go back and watch a fantastic running game ALL season and the way we shut out a laundry list of the leagues best pass rushers. We do not need a right tackle. Most people on this forum can't even name five other NFL right tackles. I don't think I can without going on google. We didn't need a great right tackle in 2005. We are fine. It'd be a pointless waste of resources. We're getting fantastic value and performance from our o-line.

Exactamundo.

Yes Breno struggled a fair bit early on, but he rallied and finished the season quite strongly. Sure we could upgrade RT (and hell, maybe we should if a great prospect falls in our lap) but I don't think it's something we need to be actively pursuing at this point. Breno's proven himself to be more than capable IMO.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":29gvojay said:
The Yugoslavian":29gvojay said:

This! In the salary cap era you can't have stars at every position. I would upgrade at guard before I did at tackle.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Jake Long will be a Chicago Bear 24 hours into free agency. Book it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This is brilliant in every way. I mean, how could a LT not want to switch from a position of 'fame' to a lesser one while making less money? Just brilliant.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":31nxf2ov said:
I thought this was a warning against sleeping WITH Jake Long. Figured he had the herpes or something...

No, no. It's specifically talking about sleeping ON Jake Long. I have found most professional football players are no more comfortable to sleep on than an IKEA couch. If you bought your furniture anyplace respectable you most assuredly have a couch, chair or ottoman that would be a better selection for sleeping on than an NFL lineman, IMO.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1gr7bpzd said:
This is brilliant in every way. I mean, how could a LT not want to switch from a position of 'fame' to a lesser one while making less money? Just brilliant.

Do you think Tom Brady would come be our holder? I worry about Jon Ryan injuring a hand and not being able to punt very well.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2bzbgapr said:
Sarlacc83":2bzbgapr said:

Do you think Tom Brady would come be our holder? I worry about Jon Ryan injuring a hand and not being able to punt very well.

Throw in a pair of Uggs and I bet you've got a deal.

Happy

Reaction score
.net during free agency makes me lol. Last year may be hard to beat but this thread gives me hope that the crying will be louder than ever when the seahawks aren't players for overpriced 'name' guys looking to cash in on 2nd and 3rd contracts.

Sac

Reaction score
We're not pulling a "Mario Williams" that's for sure. But I really do see Desmond Bryant wearing blue and green next season.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
JesterHawk":jlgria27 said:
CANHawk":jlgria27 said:
I thought this was a warning against sleeping WITH Jake Long. Figured he had the herpes or something...

No, no. It's specifically talking about sleeping ON Jake Long. I have found most professional football players are no more comfortable to sleep on than an IKEA couch. If you bought your furniture anyplace respectable you most assuredly have a couch, chair or ottoman that would be a better selection for sleeping on than an NFL lineman, IMO.

Speak for yourself. My wife and I have been sleeping on Carlester Crumpler for a decade now, and it's been fine. Sure, we had to put a pillowtop on him after a few years, but that's not a big deal.