Season Ticket Prices Increasing

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
Tivopaul":20p00kw4 said:
BocciHawk":20p00kw4 said:
Sort of. The team sold licenses when the stadium was being built. They are all gone, the team doesn't have any anymore, but they are resold on the secondary market. They can be transferred once per season through the Seahawks. It happens occasionally that a Seahawks ticket rep hears of someone who wants to sell their licenses (PSL) and they'll help someone else out with buying the PSL and doing the transfer, but other than that, it's something you'd have to track down yourself. PSL ran from $3000 on the high end to $2000 on the low end, I think. That's a license for 30 years, and we just finished the 11th season... so you'd think they'd be worth a bit less, but that doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen on the secondary market.

I don't think it is a 30 year license for the Charter seats....I think it is as long as the Seahawks play in that stadium....

http://web2.seahawks.com/SubContent.aspx?SecID=53

This is correct. As long as the stadium currently known as Clink is home to the Seahawks the charter license is valid. I think the Stadium will last a lot longer than 30 years! I actually reviewed the charter agreement I signed and see nothing about 30 years so not sure where that is coming from. Perhaps they just had to use a projected time horizon when doing the initial price modeling.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Very odd. I could have sworn that the CSL agreement said we had the rights to buy tickets for 30 years. I've asked my rep for a copy of the agreement that I signed as I can't find mine (or more accurately, it's in a folder in a box in the garage, which for all intents and purposes, means I won't find it).

lukerguy

Reaction score
I called ticket office and they said the CSL is good as long as the stadium is there.

Riley12

Reaction score
lukerguy":1p5lbckm said:
I called ticket office and they said the CSL is good as long as the stadium is there.

That's what my PSL contract says.

Awesome Seahawks commercial in NBC primetime tonight to pimp season ticket sales. I'm ready for Training Camp
to start!

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Here's a question. I asked them to send me a copy of my PSL paperwork and all they sent was the first page, which is signatures and that sort of thing.

The rest of the paperwork is all boilerplate, Exhibit A, Exhibit B and so on.

Anyone care to scan everything but the first page, and put it up on the net or upload it here? That would be helpful...

rickychen

Reaction score
here is what they said on CSL marketplace.

What are Seattle Seahawks CSLs (Charter Seat Licenses)?

If you purchase CSLs from a current season ticket holder, you become the new season ticket holder for those exact seats for all future seasons.

they didn't say how many years the CSL will last. I also called Seahawks ticket office and they told me the same: the CSL will last as long as Seahawks still pay in that stadium. btw, i am looking forward to buying some CSL for my family. If anyone want to move some, pls PM me. thanks!

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I did end up getting a copy and can confirm that there's nothing in there about 30 years. Sorry if I flustered anyone.

I probably got confused as I know there are other organizations that have a time limit on PSL / CSL i.e. they all expire 30 years from the first season they play in the building. I assume that's to give the organization flexibility and/or allow them to dip their beak again...