Would you bring back Kelly Jennings to play nickel?

hawkpride

Reaction score
Kelly Jennings really? Come on man, get a hold of yourself.....

Jville

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":lwfqxh3m said:
I know he got beat consistently badly on the outside, but he was always in the receivers hip pocket.

Would he be ok in the slot against smaller pass catchers?

They considered that before moving on to life after Jennings. I think Kelly is strickly a perimeter receiver that stuggles with physical receivers.

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
You must be a niner troll trying stir things up by asking a rediculous question like that. i would almost rather play with LB at the cb spot than see jennings here again. just his name on the roster is a liability

garydrake425

Reaction score
:187734: Yeah while we're at it let's bring back Tim Ruskell and Juilus Jones. There's some names I haven't heard in a while. Kelly Jennings? Not even funny. :141847_bnono:

Smoke

Reaction score
chris98251":3ilrhtvm said:
Thats like asking if we should give Mora a chance at being our GM.

We should at least bring Mora back to be our DB's coach.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I read the subject title of this thread.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think Jennings was a decent cover corner. The problem was that he had no ball skills and he was eaten a live by more physical WRs. Kind of pointless to run stride for stride with your opponent when you do nothing to stop them from making the catch.

No way he would survive on this team.

cesame

Reaction score
Kelly Jennings and Josh Wilson

Two guys I have no reason why people thought they were ever good. I still remember people being upset about Josh Wilson being traded. Couldn't believe it. It was right up there with people being upset when Tapp got traded.

sutz

Reaction score
No. Not that I hate him like many around here, but we have better, younger options already here. Plus, it's easier to draft someone come April.

It's more of a "what's the point" kind of question to me.

:229031_shrug:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3dtm0yti said:
TheRealDTM":3dtm0yti said:
i would take curry back. I'm sure he's better than malcom smith. He just wasnt' nearly good enough for his contract, or starting.

Dude. Curry is horrible and if I'm not mistaken out of the league right now.
But, but, he was the best player available! We said screw drafting for needs, we draft the BPA. Cuz with Ruskell's godlike talent evaluations skillz he has to know who the BPA is.

Well, except for Hutch who he was too stupid to hang onto. But who needs a guard right?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Jennings did have god coverage skills and that worked for a while until QB's and QC's realized he made zero attempt to play the ball. He was simply a shadow that spooked QB's into thinking their receiver wasn't open.

Like has been said, Jennings is not physical enough to play the nickle spot where he would be asked to support the run defense. He would probably spook QB's from time to time thinking their guy was covered but once they again figure him out, the QB's will simply ignore that Jennings is even there.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Jennings wouldn't be good in the lingerie football league.