Brandon Browner's trade value?

cacksman

Reaction score
How much trade value do you guys think Browner has? I'm wondering if a package with him, Flynn, and our first rounder could allow us to move up in the first and select a marquee pass rusher.

Obviously highly unlikely scenario but it does have me wondering what type of value Browner would be to another team.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Tough to gauge. Hes an incredible value for 2013, but then is a RFA. Hes earned a payraise in our system, but other teams would be hesitant. He works well in our system but i'm not sure of his value in anyone elses. He's also 28 years old. Then we need to find another CB.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
His value to this team is probably considerably higher than his trade value.

OP
OP
cacksman

cacksman

Reaction score
I don't know, we didn't much miss him those last 4 games of the regular season.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2d1lehgb said:
His value to this team is probably considerably higher than his trade value.

And that's likely true in all contexts. Browner is a better fit here than he'd be elsewhere, and therefore provides us more value than he would probably provide most other teams. I suppose there is always the chance that another team out there studies the Seahawks' defensive structure and decides to try and emulate it, creating a potential landing spot for Browner, but I don't know how likely that is.

The Outfield

Reaction score
cacksman":1ugl86rk said:

I kind of agree. Thurmond and Lane did quite a good job filling in. If only Thurmond could stay healthy.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":31ka75bt said:
^agreed. Only if we traded for Revis would I consider trading him.

Browner, Flynn..for Revis.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2m0cms3p said:
Recon_Hawk":2m0cms3p said:

Won't happen. Flynn and Earl Thomas and MAYBE they would call you back.

Revis won't be here. Sorry.

OP
OP
cacksman

cacksman

Reaction score
Basis4day":2x5w561w said:
Bobblehead":2x5w561w said:
Recon_Hawk":2x5w561w said:

Won't happen. Flynn and Earl Thomas and MAYBE they would call you back.

Revis won't be here. Sorry.

LOL maybe? You are seriously overrating Revis. If we offered Earl Thomas for Revis, they would take it without thinking twice. Revis is coming off a major knee injury and is much older than Thomas. He is not worth what you think he is.

Basis4day

Reaction score
LOL maybe? You are seriously overrating Revis. If we offered Earl Thomas for Revis, they would take it without thinking twice. Revis is coming off a major knee injury and is much older than Thomas. He is not worth what you think he is.

Since Thomas is due a huge payday in two seasons, yes, i think a team like the Jets is going to need to think about it with the cap situation they have. Revis is exactly the kind of player that will get overrated by another team when he signs his next contract.

That's why i don't want him and i think the suggestion that he can be had for only Flynn and Browner is absurd.

If we want Revis, it would take an Earl Thomas or a Richard Sherman to get him. That's why these trades don't happen in the NFL.

OP
OP
cacksman

cacksman

Reaction score
Basis4day":2ux50egs said:

Since Thomas is due a huge payday in two seasons, yes, i think a team like the Jets is going to need to think about it with the cap situation they have. Revis is exactly the kind of player that will get overrated by another team when he signs his next contract.

That's why i don't want him and i think the suggestion that he can be had for only Flynn and Browner is absurd.

If we want Revis, it would take an Earl Thomas or a Richard Sherman to get him. That's why these trades don't happen in the NFL.

I guess we'll see. My bet is that it takes a combo of picks and much lesser players than Thomas or Sherman. They are both arguably just as good, just 4 years younger. There's a reason he is being rumored to be traded. Do you see Sherman or Thomas being rumored?

Jville

Reaction score
Brandon Browner's value is thru the roof.

He drives Jim Harbaugh absolutely crazy.

And that, my friends, is ...... Priceless :th2thumbs:

Basis4day

Reaction score
Do you see Sherman or Thomas being rumored?

Not at all what i meant to imply. What i am saying is that IF you really wanted Revis in a package deal, it's going to take one of your top players to get it done.
By no means am i suggesting that Sherman or Thomas are going to be traded. I don't think we have much interest in Revis anyway. DB is far from what is holding this team back.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It amazes me that people seem to keep talking about replacing pieces within the biggest area of strength on the team. Not to mention the biggest area of excitement outside of QB play.

Let the L.O.B. be. Browner was lights out in the Atlanta game and consistently great all season within our defense. You never know how well another supposedly elite CB will fit with your scheme. See Nnamdi in Philly.

Also see the highlight vid of B.B. lighting up three Cardinals on a kickoff return. That's a guy I want on my team.

djb28

Reaction score
Jesus. I think half of you would trade your own mother! Our CBS are solid! Why break up chemistry?

legend38

Reaction score
I dont get it.Why the hell do so many people want to get rid of Browner?If we were to get a better corner to take Browner's spot,why would we not still want to keep him?Browner is the perfect DB to man up against the the good tight ends in the league.Finley,Gonzo,Gates,Graham,he is perfect for this role and I am pretty sure he is not making all that much money?

Killa Kam

Reaction score
cacksman":97p0cfxy said:
Arizona, Buffalo, San Fran, and the Rams were our opponents, not exactly great passing teams. I like Lane but could imagine what Julio Jones would have done to him in the playoffs.