SI's Don Banks: 2012 NFL re-draft, 3 Hawks go top 15

Veilside

Reaction score
I love Bruce, but out of all the choices left at #15 it'd be hard not to take Brockers. Knowing that a penetrating 3 Tech is our biggest need right now, it'd be nice to have that already taken care of. Hayward would be nice at nickle CB but thats not really something you want to spend a 1st rounder on. Barron/Smith would also be nice safety options while Hightower could be a strong MLB.

Who would you take with whats left at #15?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
benbu75":3sqjbt4i said:
DavidSeven":3sqjbt4i said:
The biggest travesty was Schneider finishing a distant third behind ELWAY in the EOTY voting. Seriously, what did Elway accomplish that offseason besides make the biggest no brainer personnel decision of ALL TIME. Oh, and he accepted the lesser of two trader offers for Tebow ....just cause.

I think it was more in the fact that he was the one that was able to get the deal done. Lots of teams made the decision that they wanted to get Peyton Manning, including the Seahawks. The difference is in wanting and DOING. That said, I think what John Schneider did in the draft was FAR more impressive with the amount of real contribution he was able to get out of Irvin, Wagner, Wilson, Turbin, Lane, Sweezy, and Scruggs.
A HOF Quarterback, coaxing a future HOF Quarterback to take the rein$, and run the Bronco$ $ystem any way he wanted, and be in the AFC and have a chance at playing again$t little brother in a $uper Bowl?,, yeah, that would be a tough ta$k.
I'm surprised that Elway didn't win the whole enchilada.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
scutterhawk":304fbl3d said:
benbu75":304fbl3d said:
DavidSeven":304fbl3d said:
The biggest travesty was Schneider finishing a distant third behind ELWAY in the EOTY voting. Seriously, what did Elway accomplish that offseason besides make the biggest no brainer personnel decision of ALL TIME. Oh, and he accepted the lesser of two trader offers for Tebow ....just cause.

I think it was more in the fact that he was the one that was able to get the deal done. Lots of teams made the decision that they wanted to get Peyton Manning, including the Seahawks. The difference is in wanting and DOING. That said, I think what John Schneider did in the draft was FAR more impressive with the amount of real contribution he was able to get out of Irvin, Wagner, Wilson, Turbin, Lane, Sweezy, and Scruggs.
A HOF Quarterback, coaxing a future HOF Quarterback to take the rein$, and run the Bronco$ $ystem any way he wanted, and be in the AFC and have a chance at playing again$t little brother in a $uper Bowl?,, yeah, that would be a tough ta$k.
I'm surprised that Elway didn't win the whole enchilada.

funny. People didnt think it was such an easy sell when Peyton was going around flying to about 10 cities being wooed

drdiags

Reaction score
Off-topic. Back to the EOTY deal. It was voted on by NFL Front office and coaches, so among his peers, John Schneider wasn't deemed the best. Wasn't a fan vote or player vote but a vote among his peers. Now maybe they didn't vote him in due to their admiration for the whole Colts story or maybe because John and Pete are so counter-Conventional Wisdom?

Who knows? The other teams staffs could just not like a lot of things going on with this team and it is part of a grudge? As long as folks take into account who voted for EOTY when making their arguments then at least they know the lay of the field. Many assumed this was a writer's selected award. It was spelled out who votes for what on the Sporting News page announcing the awards.

ABOUT THE AWARDS

Sporting News polled more than 800 NFL players, coaches and executives for our 2012 awards. Everyone voted for offensive and defensive player of the year, rookie of the year and comeback player of the year. Only coaches and executives voted for coach of the year, coordinator of the year, executive of the year and SN’s All-Pro team.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
JS may have finished #3
Atleast he got #3 'the Finisher'. Both JS and RW are no 1 in my book.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
New strategy to get JS Exec of Year. Let's totally tank it in 2013, then win it all the next year. Sarcasm off!

JGreen79

Reaction score
Although I beleive JS should have won the award, I'm not as upset at it going to indy as most are... They only had 8 of their 22 starters on the team last year, which should hold some merit.