Felix signs 7 yr $175 mm contract.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":15rifb2t said:
Uncle Si":15rifb2t said:
Sorry Sports Hernia... I still don't get it. What excuse? Hell, what's the problem? We just signed one of the best pitchers in baseball... at at 175 million. Am I missing something?
Apparently you dont. Examine your history of defending this FO group then get back to me. No one is denying locking up Felix is a GREAT thing! No one, but its something that SHOULD be done, its a no-brainer for any org in this situation to do the same thing!

Now, is Felix going to be used as an excuse by your 2 friends Chuck and Howard to not spend anymore $$$ on top tier talent from here on out for years to come??? (Remember Armstrong's "Freddy ate all of our cookies" quote when Garcia won an arb case against Seattle).
Why don't you spell it out for me then.... I've defended the youth movement and don't get to whining when some free agent decides he doesn't want seattle.

Signing anyone to 175 million is far from a no brainer and it doesn't take much time on google to see how many players due a huge pay raise get it from another team. Ridiculous to say that signing Felix should have been assumed.

My point isn't that the FO hasn't made mistakes, just that they finally got one right. And for a handful of whiners on here they sill take it as a negative.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Si's kinda right on this, they did go after Hamilton this year and Fielder the year prior. Hamilton in reality had no interest in Seattle, can't blame him at all. Fielder just got a better offer from Detroit, but Seattle was right up there with them for money, just not the years. They had a trade completed for Upton, Upton made the choice not to come to Seattle.

They've tried, but the only way to reverse the trend of players not coming to Seattle is to show something, in the last few years they haven't. They've got to rely on their home talent to change that. Just the way I'm seeing this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":1b97g9l0 said:
Si's kinda right on this, they did go after Hamilton this year and Fielder the year prior. Hamilton in reality had no interest in Seattle, can't blame him at all. Fielder just got a better offer from Detroit, but Seattle was right up there with them for money, just not the years. They had a trade completed for Upton, Upton made the choice not to come to Seattle.

They've tried, but the only way to reverse the trend of players not coming to Seattle is to show something, in the last few years they haven't. They've got to rely on their home talent to change that. Just the way I'm seeing this.
They made half assed efforts to Fielder and Hamilton just to say "hey, we tried!" The M's never had any interest in signing either at those dollars (not saying they are right or wrong on that thought). Don't fall for the FO smokescreen of we tried. They failed and have failed again and again when it comes to top tier FA talent. The reason has more to do with the clowns at the top than some would like to admit.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Who are your sources inside the M's that gave you that info Sports Hernia?

Oh, you're just writing your own narrative. Nevermind.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2apdn4qt said:
Throwdown":2apdn4qt said:

They made half assed efforts to Fielder and Hamilton just to say "hey, we tried!" The M's never had any interest in signing either at those dollars (not saying they are right or wrong on that thought). Don't fall for the FO smokescreen of we tried. They failed and have failed again and again when it comes to top tier FA talent. The reason has more to do with the clowns at the top than some would like to admit.

Seriously? I'm done with Licoln and Armstrong and have been for a decade. But you can google both offers. In the case of Hamilton we offered more than the Rangers and Angels....

Being upset the team hasn't gotten better is one thing. Basing it on ignorance is another. 140 over 5 for an oft injured former drug addict isn't half assed. Just bullsh--

jkitsune

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a blatant misrepresentation of all available information, as well as of Si's 'support' of the front office. Give it a rest.

BBlades89

Reaction score
404378_332915523475984_1736112821_n.jpg

JSeahawks

Reaction score
A concern about Felix Hernandez's elbow might affect talks with the Mariners about his contract extension, CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman has confirmed. ESPN's Buster Olney first reported the news. A few days ago we learned the two sides were discussing a seven-year deal worth $175 million, which would be the largest pitching contract in baseball history.

Heyman confirmed that Felix did take a physical recently, which is when the elbow concerns arose. The two sides are working through various issues, the elbow among them. There is still hope the contract will be completed, but Heyman hears it is "not imminent." Pre-signing physicals, especially for contracts of this magnitude, are standard.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-o ... -extension

Throwdown

Reaction score
Gotta throw my two cents in, and I don't if the people here will want me back. But after listening to Felix talk during his press conference, I actually got hyped for... baseball.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Throwdown":lmn51pe8 said:
Gotta throw my two cents in, and I don't if the people here will want me back. But after listening to Felix talk during his press conference, I actually got hyped for... baseball.

Im moderately excited... but still. Hamilton would have been huge. Still feel underwhelmed by our moves this off season. It will be interesting to see Smoak, Ackley, Montero et al and if they progress through June.