best road game on the hawks schedule to travel to?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
looking at the schedule next year, does anyone have any suggestions for which road game would be worth going too? My cousin, dad, and myself all have decided to try to get to one road game a year if it's in our budget.

Obviously the AFC teams would be the ones I'd look at the most because of how rare we will play them on the road, but they are also less meaningful games when it comes down to playoffs, rivalries, etc. . . of the cities we play at the only one I've been too for an away game is SF. I might skip it next year though and go when they have a new stadium, It was fun to visit candlestick because of the history but it's sort of a shoddy venue. The other division matchups don't seem worth while either. Last time the hawks played in STL it sounded like a library or hospital; not much energy in the stands. Arizona, i would rather wait till they get things figured out. I have a feeling it won't be competitive.

Anyone have any good/bad experiences at any of these venues?

Wilson V. Luck might be the one.

Houston, Indy, Atlanta, Carolina, NY Giants

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
For game quality, I'd say Atlanta. I have a feeling that will be either a SNF or a MNF game as well. Houston is a close second.

For the experience in the area, New York - if you have nevr been there before. It's an amazing city to experience.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Atlanta New York Houston and Indy all look like great ones.

Schedule and Prime Time will influence my choice, but I am thinking definitely New York, for me. Also 4 stadiums I have not seen the Hawks play in.

hawker84

Reaction score
giants would be a good one for me, just for the experience of traveling to NY for the first time...

however gamewise, i think 49ers would be a great game to watch for the last time in the stick... i will definitely wear a vest made of phone books under my seahawk gear however.

Axx

Reaction score
atlanta will be worst without Gonzo next season and I think this team has established that they play their best football in "revenge situations"
Idk if i would want to travel to Atlanta, it has a pretty extreme hip-hop culture which just isnt my style.

AgentDib

Reaction score
2013 Seahawks Road Games":1nfm1jy7 said:
Arizona
San Francisco
St. Louis
Atlanta
Carolina
Houston
Indianapolis
N.Y. Giants

New York is a great choice if you haven't been. Houston, Carolina, Arizona and Atlanta would make good December trips as well depending on how the schedule lines up.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm thinking Houston for me. Know some people out there, a couple of them being Texan fans.. could be fun.

NYC and Indy sound fun too

acbass

Reaction score
If you want to go to a game where you will have plenty of room to stretch out, and have more Seahawks fans than the home te, go to the Carolina game.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2lc8n57h said:
Largent80":2lc8n57h said:
Going to SF this year. the city is awesome and we are going to kick their asses.

I'm thinking about going to the game in SF as well...

Watch your back at all times. Especially in the parking lot. And buy tickets in the lower bowl. Trust me on that.

I've already seen a Giants game at the new stadium. Going for the NYC experience is awesome. But the stadium and game experience is extremely antiseptic.

My usual criteria is attending a game in a city I have yet to visit. Those this year are Houston and Indy. Houston is the more appealing choice to me. I haven't seen games in Carolina or Atlanta, but I have visited the cities. If I were to choose between those two, I'd go with Atlanta to re-visit. An interesting town with a distinct flavor to it. Charlotte was kinda ho hum, IMO.

So as of now I'm leaning to Houston. With Indy and Atlanta as possible alternatives.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SeaTown81":l5rh9m09 said:
FlyingGreg":l5rh9m09 said:
Largent80":l5rh9m09 said:
Going to SF this year. the city is awesome and we are going to kick their asses.

I'm thinking about going to the game in SF as well...

Watch your back at all times. Especially in the parking lot. And buy tickets in the lower bowl. Trust me on that.

I've already seen a Giants game at the new stadium. Going for the NYC experience is awesome. But the stadium and game experience is extremely antiseptic.

My usual criteria is attending a game in a city I have yet to visit. Those this year are Houston and Indy. Houston is the more appealing choice to me. I haven't seen games in Carolina or Atlanta, but I have visited the cities. If I were to choose between those two, I'd go with Atlanta to re-visit. An interesting town with a distinct flavor to it. Charlotte was kinda ho hum, IMO.

So as of now I'm leaning to Houston. With Indy and Atlanta as possible alternatives.

Right on, thanks.

I'm actually going to the Houston game as well. It would be cool to meet up.

Largent80

Reaction score
We bought a block of tix for the 2009 game in SF and they were in the cheap seats. All of us were on a budget and the seats were in the upper level. We were ok for the most part, but there were members of our group that decided to talk to the locals. Great tailgate and party in the parking lot with hundreds of Hawk fans.

This didn't work out so well.

Don't do that in SF. Get better seats.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Houston is appealing for the opportunity to meet a .NET favorite in his city of residence. (need I say more?).

I could easily see that as a Prime Time game, as well.

A '2nd tier' SuperBowl contender from each conference.

Lots of compelling games on the schedule this year, as always.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
My brother went to a game in SF and had his car rammed on the way out of the parking lot by a 9ers "fan" on purpose. He lived in the Bay area for quite a few years, and got to the point where he wouldn't attend Seahawks or even M's games in SF or Oakland because the fans were such jackholes. He even stopped wearing the Seattle teams colors, and still experienced a lot of bad stuff. That just shows that it isn't just that they treat opposing fans like crap.

The people are just for the most part jerks, and treat each other with no regard for safety or their lives. If you went in as an opposing fan, imagine what they'd do.... if they are that bad to their own fans, and ram cars and stab people wearing Seahawks gear like it's nothing. Then imagine what COULD happen. I think what happened to Brian Stow in LA by Dodgers "fans" was just the beginning of what those two groups are capable of and it will only escalate.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Speaking from experience, I went to both Atlanta and Carolina this year for Seahawks games. Although Carolina isnt much of a HFA for the home team, its a cool stadium and the city is very nice. Especially the Epicenter which is like a half a mile away from BoA. The Georgia Dome is loud, it may have just been extraordinary loud for the playoff game though.

Next year I'll be going to Houston and I'm going to try for NYG.

Hawkfeathers

Reaction score
hawker84":2r7z2p0y said:
giants would be a good one for me, just for the experience of traveling to NY for the first time...

however gamewise, i think 49ers would be a great game to watch for the last time in the stick... i will definitely wear a vest made of phone books under my seahawk gear however.

It's probably not very smart to wear a lot of Hawk gear to a 9er game in the 'Stick. It's like extending an invitation for serious harrassment. There is always a lot of disrespectful internet smack talk leading up to those games, so some 9er fans come to the game ready to hunt down obnoxious Hawk fans. You won't get a vote on whether you are obnoxious enough - prominently wearing your gear qualifies you for a punch or two.

Largent80

Reaction score
I wore my old school Largent jersey and got a few compliments from SF fans while at the game. It didn't help that the Hawks played like shit that day, and it also was 92 degrees and our seats faced the sun, except for the party in the parking lot before the game it was not a good experience.

osprey6

Reaction score
I've had experience with STL, ATL and IND.

Atlanta: Great experience, best home fans I have encountered. No problems at all. Stay in Buckhead (lots to see and do) and you can take the subway to the game. Also goes to the airport.

Indianapolis: Had a rough time there, some serious drunks in the parking lot, and what's worse was that a DJ doing a live remote was egging them on. This was back in '97. Of course it's a new venue and maybe a different crowd since the success of the Manning era. Also no problems once we were inside the dome.

St. Louis: Always a large group of friendlies since the MidWest Seahawkers always have a big gathering there at a hotel across the street from the stadium. The stadium itself is thoroughly unimpressive, but again, top marks for having rail service to the airport. Last there in '04, but I'm told not much has changed.