Brandon Browner's trade value?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Brandon Browner's trade value?
Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 pm
  • How much trade value do you guys think Browner has? I'm wondering if a package with him, Flynn, and our first rounder could allow us to move up in the first and select a marquee pass rusher.

Obviously highly unlikely scenario but it does have me wondering what type of value Browner would be to another team.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Re: Brandon Browner's trade value?
Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:51 pm
  • Tough to gauge. Hes an incredible value for 2013, but then is a RFA. Hes earned a payraise in our system, but other teams would be hesitant. He works well in our system but i'm not sure of his value in anyone elses. He's also 28 years old. Then we need to find another CB.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:02 pm
  • I'd say at least a 4th round pick.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:02 pm
  • His value to this team is probably considerably higher than his trade value.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:06 pm
  • ^agreed. Only if we traded for Revis would I consider trading him.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:25 pm
  • I don't know, we didn't much miss him those last 4 games of the regular season.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:His value to this team is probably considerably higher than his trade value.

And that's likely true in all contexts. Browner is a better fit here than he'd be elsewhere, and therefore provides us more value than he would probably provide most other teams. I suppose there is always the chance that another team out there studies the Seahawks' defensive structure and decides to try and emulate it, creating a potential landing spot for Browner, but I don't know how likely that is.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:31 pm
  • cacksman wrote:I don't know, we didn't much miss him those last 4 games of the regular season.

I kind of agree. Thurmond and Lane did quite a good job filling in. If only Thurmond could stay healthy.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:53 pm
  • Recon_Hawk wrote:^agreed. Only if we traded for Revis would I consider trading him.

Browner, Flynn..for Revis.
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:32 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    Recon_Hawk wrote:^agreed. Only if we traded for Revis would I consider trading him.

Won't happen. Flynn and Earl Thomas and MAYBE they would call you back.

Revis won't be here. Sorry.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:45 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:
    Recon_Hawk wrote:^agreed. Only if we traded for Revis would I consider trading him.

LOL maybe? You are seriously overrating Revis. If we offered Earl Thomas for Revis, they would take it without thinking twice. Revis is coming off a major knee injury and is much older than Thomas. He is not worth what you think he is.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:53 pm
  • LOL maybe? You are seriously overrating Revis. If we offered Earl Thomas for Revis, they would take it without thinking twice. Revis is coming off a major knee injury and is much older than Thomas. He is not worth what you think he is.

Since Thomas is due a huge payday in two seasons, yes, i think a team like the Jets is going to need to think about it with the cap situation they have. Revis is exactly the kind of player that will get overrated by another team when he signs his next contract.

That's why i don't want him and i think the suggestion that he can be had for only Flynn and Browner is absurd.

If we want Revis, it would take an Earl Thomas or a Richard Sherman to get him. That's why these trades don't happen in the NFL.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:56 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:
    LOL maybe? You are seriously overrating Revis. If we offered Earl Thomas for Revis, they would take it without thinking twice. Revis is coming off a major knee injury and is much older than Thomas. He is not worth what you think he is.

Since Thomas is due a huge payday in two seasons, yes, i think a team like the Jets is going to need to think about it with the cap situation they have. Revis is exactly the kind of player that will get overrated by another team when he signs his next contract.

That's why i don't want him and i think the suggestion that he can be had for only Flynn and Browner is absurd.

If we want Revis, it would take an Earl Thomas or a Richard Sherman to get him. That's why these trades don't happen in the NFL.

I guess we'll see. My bet is that it takes a combo of picks and much lesser players than Thomas or Sherman. They are both arguably just as good, just 4 years younger. There's a reason he is being rumored to be traded. Do you see Sherman or Thomas being rumored?
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:59 pm
  • Brandon Browner's value is thru the roof.

He drives Jim Harbaugh absolutely crazy.

And that, my friends, is ...... Priceless :th2thumbs:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:02 pm
  • Do you see Sherman or Thomas being rumored?

Not at all what i meant to imply. What i am saying is that IF you really wanted Revis in a package deal, it's going to take one of your top players to get it done.
    By no means am i suggesting that Sherman or Thomas are going to be traded. I don't think we have much interest in Revis anyway. DB is far from what is holding this team back.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:26 pm
  • It amazes me that people seem to keep talking about replacing pieces within the biggest area of strength on the team. Not to mention the biggest area of excitement outside of QB play.

Let the L.O.B. be. Browner was lights out in the Atlanta game and consistently great all season within our defense. You never know how well another supposedly elite CB will fit with your scheme. See Nnamdi in Philly.

Also see the highlight vid of B.B. lighting up three Cardinals on a kickoff return. That's a guy I want on my team.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:54 pm
  • Jesus. I think half of you would trade your own mother! Our CBS are solid! Why break up chemistry?
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:34 pm
  • I dont get it.Why the hell do so many people want to get rid of Browner?If we were to get a better corner to take Browner's spot,why would we not still want to keep him?Browner is the perfect DB to man up against the the good tight ends in the league.Finley,Gonzo,Gates,Graham,he is perfect for this role and I am pretty sure he is not making all that much money?
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:18 am
  • No....
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:21 am
  • cacksman wrote:I don't know, we didn't much miss him those last 4 games of the regular season.

Arizona, Buffalo, San Fran, and the Rams were our opponents, not exactly great passing teams. I like Lane but could imagine what Julio Jones would have done to him in the playoffs.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:30 am
  • Basis4day wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:

I think another poster stated it, but Revis is getting off a major knee injury which makes him a semi risk, but one that players generally come back from.
    Age is not a factor, he's what 27, Year younger than Browners.

What is the main factor in this, is that they will not resign him after next year.
    Revis asking price to stay outweighs his capability as a player.
    So NY will basically give up Revis for a song and a hand basket just to avoid his future contract and this years contract.
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm
  • We'll take him off your hands for you... :th2thumbs:
    :les: Image :les:

pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.
    IronSaint
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 pm
  • Ummmm.....No. PC builds from the back to the front on D. I don't see him messing with the DB's. Browner is far better than he is given credit for by some. He plays a different game than Sherman , but he is very effective at it.

Why would you want to take a strength of the team and turn it into a thin area? We have players with Potential ( Lane , Thurmond ) but unproven.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:32 am
  • His contract makes him extremely tradeable for now. He is not making a lot of money. But I wouldn't want to do it because we have no reliable backup to step up at fill that roll.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:43 pm
  • Killa Kam wrote:
    cacksman wrote:I don't know, we didn't much miss him those last 4 games of the regular season.

Arizona, Buffalo, San Fran, and the Rams were our opponents, not exactly great passing teams. I like Lane but could imagine what Julio Jones would have done to him in the playoffs.

Cue one of the resident Niner fans to jump on this thread and take offense at the fact that you said SF isn't a great passing team.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:51 pm
  • IronSaint wrote:We'll take him off your hands for you... :th2thumbs:

the He*l you will...

I saw Revis on NFL network last night working out.. and dude is looking hella good... he was on the machine that looks like you're ice skating in your socks.. good range of motion, didn't look to be in any discumfort at all... purely speculation on my part, but i think he'll be back stronger than ever next season.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:11 pm
  • Why do we want to sign every free agent and trade all of our players? BB is probably after Marshawn my favorite Hawk. Maybe more than Marshawn. Watch the Irvin interview on nfln before the Skins game and you'll know why. Or watch him toss Garcon and Moss around. Suplex simoson in the Cincinnati game two years ago. He is a contract killer.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:30 pm
  • Yeah I don't know why anyone would want to trade Browner. He was quite the find for Pete and until his play declines, I like him in our backfield just fine.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:09 am
  • hawker84 wrote:the He*l you will...

I saw Revis on NFL network last night working out.. and dude is looking hella good... he was on the machine that looks like you're ice skating in your socks.. good range of motion, didn't look to be in any discumfort at all... purely speculation on my part, but i think he'll be back stronger than ever next season.

Haha, c'mon! I'll give you Chris Ivory and a bag of Funyuns for him. :mrgreen: :lol:
    :les: Image :les:

pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.
    IronSaint
    NET Starter

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:06 am
  • cacksman wrote:How much trade value do you guys think Browner has? I'm wondering if a package with him, Flynn, and our first rounder could allow us to move up in the first and select a marquee pass rusher.

I guess my question is, who is this lights out pass rusher in the draft that justifies getting rid of a proven CB, and a proven (maybe?) NFL calibre QB? If that player is in this years draft class, somebody needs to point him out to me! All I'm hearing is that this is a great draft for depth, but lacks difference makers at the top. When you hear guys like Mayock saying that they aren't sure there is much of a talent spread between #5 and #30 in this draft, I don't understand the rush to package up some deal to move up in this draft. Sounds like a better year to move down, if anything. I'm happy with Browner right where he is! :D
    canfan
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 pm
  • canfan wrote:
    cacksman wrote:How much trade value do you guys think Browner has? I'm wondering if a package with him, Flynn, and our first rounder could allow us to move up in the first and select a marquee pass rusher.

I guess my question is, who is this lights out pass rusher in the draft that justifies getting rid of a proven CB, and a proven (maybe?) NFL calibre QB? If that player is in this years draft class, somebody needs to point him out to me! All I'm hearing is that this is a great draft for depth, but lacks difference makers at the top. When you hear guys like Mayock saying that they aren't sure there is much of a talent spread between #5 and #30 in this draft, I don't understand the rush to package up some deal to move up in this draft. Sounds like a better year to move down, if anything. I'm happy with Browner right where he is! :D

I have been thinking the very same thing.....this year is not the time to trade up and there are plenty of teams that would love to trade back (Chiefs) but not this year
    Hawkinaz
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:12 am
  • Are you people high? No way we should trade Browner. If anything we need a nickle corner. The outsides are set for a year or two.
    Treefiddy
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information