Nick Florence is going pro in something other than sports

Rat

Reaction score
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/190170261.html

Baylor QB Nick Florence is going to finish his Master's rather than pursue an NFL career. I was pretty impressed with what I saw from him this year. He, along with Zac Dysert, were my favorite late-round QB prospects this year (although I could see Dysert rising).

Stupid, IMO. Florence would only need to play three years to secure his pension. With his college production and RG3 likely inflating Florence's value a bit, I thought he had a good shot at going in the 6th round area. He could spend three seasons holding a clipboard and cashing huge checks, and then retire with a pension. I believe that's what David Greene did. Florence would still only be in his mid-20s by then, and could easily go back and complete his Master's degree.

If this is what he really wants to do, good for him, I guess, but it seems very short-sighted to me. I'll bet he ends up regretting it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He's doing what he feels is best for him. Only he can decide that. Russell Wilson decided it was better for him to play baseball but then came back to football. He's young enough to change his mind down the road.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2e0ajhsi said:
He's young enough to change his mind down the road.
I don't know about that. The NFL window is only open so long.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Good for him, but I bet he ends up regretting it as well. I had a chance to play some college baseball and ended up not doing it. Now, I wish I had.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3nbjuge9 said:
Russell Wilson decided it was better for him to play baseball but then came back to football.

Wasn't Russell hitting like .235 in Single A ball? I'm not sure the decision wasn't made for him.

Throwdown

Reaction score
There's no guarantee that he was going to make a team and get another shot, nothing wrong with his decision at all. If his heart isn't 100% in football, then it's probably for the best that he didn't choose the profession.

Latest posts