Team Need - Top Players on My Draft Board

Biggiec76

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/pros ... s/2013/all

I found this to be a great site to look at the Draft and whats availble.

When i look at the Seahawks i would put this list in this order of what the team needs, i also look at the depth of the draft which i feel is not very deep at LB and CB so that is another reason i list them in this order
1.OLB
2.CB
3.DT
4.OL
5.WR - alot of people think this should be higher but looking at the talent and there is no day one starter in the draft. I like our recievers and we can get a Free Agent we know can play.

There are 2 LBs who are potential day one starters that fit the Hawks, that is Jarvis Jones and Alec Oggletree after that there is a bunch of guys that you can wortk with in the 4th or 5th round like: Gerald Hodges Penn State, Zaviar Gooden Mizzou, Jamie Collins, Miss State- These guys may be the next KJ Wright but we need a guy today.

CB's Like Belicheck says you cant have enough and we can always use more, I only like one CB that matches our team philosphy of Size and Speed and that guy is Xavier Rhodes of Florida State.

DT's This class is deep and at the spot we pick we could get a great guy in the late first but really after the first 3 guys off the board the level is all but the same and you could get a guy in the 2nd with the same skill set as your 1st rd and you would miss on a OLB or CB for that reach?

Right Tackle that can play Guard- we have a great line but another big guy like DJ Fluker sure would take care of this for some time, or Maybe we take Kyle long in the 4th rd, and let Cable coach him up. in most scenarios we get Long becasue Fluker wont be there in the 2nd and to take him in the first would mean we missed on our LB our CB and a DT. But maybe he falls or we trade up in the early second with a trade of Flynn? But most likely we get Long in the 4th round.

WR- Sorry but i like Robert Woods, Justin Hunter in the late 2nd or 3rd but i think we could do better with this pick.

SO my board goes like this

Jarvis Jones
Alec Oggletree
Xavier Rhodes
Kawan Short
Sharif Floyd
Jesse Williams

2nd

DJ Fluker
Robert Woods
Justin Hunter
Sylvester Williams
Brandon Williams

3rd
Robert woods
Justin Hunter
Bacari Rambo
Kyle Long

4th
Zaviar Gooden
Gerald Hodges
Jamie Collins
Marcus Lattimore

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Do you mean Xavier Rhodes of Florida State? Interesting player. 6'1 216 pounds. Are type of corners.

OP
OP
Biggiec76

Biggiec76

Reaction score
That is the guy I am talking about but what if we went and picked up Sean Smith from Miami a free agent only 25 6'3 215 ?

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Biggiec76":id3ea030 said:
That is the guy I am talking about but what if we went and picked up Sean Smith from Miami a free agent only 25 6'3 215 ?

Possibility, but risky. Since he isn't a late round pick or UDFA he probably won't be on board with the whole "we're not gonna commit any money to you, we'll just try you out" mentality the front office has. We have to sign him to a one year deal, and he might not pan out

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'm wondering how long it will be before this gets moved to the draft forum...

mech.romance

Reaction score
Biggiec76":35xa9kht said:

If he could summon the same CB Spirit that Richard Sherman does, Sean Smith would be awesome. I just don't see that happening though.

aawolf

Reaction score
Biggiec76":360547ki said:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/all

I found this to be a great site to look at the Draft and whats availble.

When i look at the Seahawks i would put this list in this order of what the team needs, i also look at the depth of the draft which i feel is not very deep at LB and CB so that is another reason i list them in this order
1.OLB
2.CB
3.DT
4.OL
5.WR - alot of people think this should be higher but looking at the talent and there is no day one starter in the draft. I like our recievers and we can get a Free Agent we know can play.

There are 2 LBs who are potential day one starters that fit the Hawks, that is Jarvis Jones and Alec Oggletree after that there is a bunch of guys that you can wortk with in the 4th or 5th round like: Gerald Hodges Penn State, Zaviar Gooden Mizzou, Jamie Collins, Miss State- These guys may be the next KJ Wright but we need a guy today.

CB's Like Belicheck says you cant have enough and we can always use more, I only like one CB that matches our team philosphy of Size and Speed and that guy is Xavier Thames of Florida State.

DT's This class is deep and at the spot we pick we could get a great guy in the late first but really after the first 3 guys off the board the level is all but the same and you could get a guy in the 2nd with the same skill set as your 1st rd and you would miss on a OLB or CB for that reach?

Right Tackle that can play Guard- we have a great line but another big guy like DJ Fluker sure would take care of this for some time, or Maybe we take Kyle long in the 4th rd, and let Cable coach him up. in most scenarios we get Long becasue Fluker wont be there in the 2nd and to take him in the first would mean we missed on our LB our CB and a DT. But maybe he falls or we trade up in the early second with a trade of Flynn? But most likely we get Long in the 4th round.

WR- Sorry but i like Robert Woods, Justin Hunter in the late 2nd or 3rd but i think we could do better with this pick.

SO my board goes like this

Jarvis Jones
Alec Oggletree
Xavier Thames
Kawan Short
Sharif Floyd
Jesse Williams

2nd

DJ Fluker
Robert Woods
Justin Hunter
Sylvester Williams
Brandon Williams

3rd
Robert woods
Justin Hunter
Bacari Rambo
Kyle Long

4th
Zaviar Gooden
Gerald Hodges
Jamie Collins
Marcus Lattimore

Good Draft Board. I mostly agree with the "needs". I disagree that LB is the biggest draft need, but I agree with the first two--Jones and Ogeltree--if they're there, then we should take them for sure--they are supreme atheletes and first round talents for sure. I've never heard of Xavier Thames so I had to Google him--he's a guard for San Diego State---shooting guard that is, from the basketball team. Are you talking about the Florida OT, Xavier Nixon? If so, that seems a reach. If we are going LB in this round, I like Khaseem Greene out of Rutgers here (maybe thats who you were thinking of?), but he's more of a middle line-backer that would play the Wagner role. However, while I'm falling for Greene and he's a first-round talent, I don't think he's the best value in the first round--I'd look more at the D-line prospects that can rush the passer. As for who might be around at #25--Bjoren Werner (probably gone top 20, but maybe not), Jonathan Hankins (projected top 10, but might be around), Kawan Short, and Sharif Floyd. Another player I'd put ahead of Greene is Deandre Hopkins, WR out of Clemson. Its been discussed before, but I do see him as a gamebreaker at WR and worthy of a first round pick. Then, I'd probably put Alex Okafor, DE, in front of him as well due to need at the position.

As for second round, if we are going for a reciever (assuming we don't get one in RD1), I like Hopkins and Tevon Austin ahead of Woods (I'll take your word that Woods is better than Justin Hunter).

So, my board, similar to yours, is like this (out of players that might possibly be available in RD1 and 2):

Rd. 1

Jarvis Jones
Bjoren Werner
Jonathan Hankins
Alec Oggletree
Sharif Floyd
Kawan Short
Deandre Hopkins
Alex Okafor
Khaseem Greene
Jesse Williams

Likely to draft based on mocks I've seen: Sharif Floyd, Kawan Short, or Hopkins

2nd
(see above--if we don't take any at their position in RD1, then RD1 prospects are ahead of RD2 prospects if they are available)
Eric Fisher
DJ Fluker
Tevon Austin
Robert Woods
Justin Hunter
Brandon Williams

Likely pick--Okafor, Jesse Williams, Eric Fisher, DJ Fluker, or Tevon Austin

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
5.WR - alot of people think this should be higher but looking at the talent and there is no day one starter in the draft. I like our recievers and we can get a Free Agent we know can play

What? that would be the first time in NFL history that a draft went without one. Silly. There are PLENTY of starters out there.