Why not?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I know it is not a choice but would you have rather our season ended the way it did or have gone to the super bowl and lost? I like ending the way it did. I think it leaves us more hungry with the team we have. Losing the super bowl would be such an emotional letdown it would be hard to overcome. Or I could just be wrong. Just musing during the slow months.

BTW I m so glad Kap didn't win the super bowl. Could you imagine the hype over him if he did. Ahhhhhhhhh

hawker84

Reaction score
Super bowl for me as well... i think that would make you more hungry to get that close.... i know the niners players are foaming at the mouth to get back there now... too bad their chance has come and gone... heh heh heh

Dren

Reaction score
I asked my roommate the same question while watching the game. I personally thought it would be better to not make the super bowl, than to make it and lose it. I hardly think that the 49ers players re hungrier than the Seahawks to reach for immortality just because they made it to the big game.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
giving Russell Wilson all that experience and a 3-1 playoff record - in his rookie year????

Completely shedding the stigma of winning on the road by winning 3 playoff games on the road in a row?

you're crazy if you wouldn't have taken making it all the way.

It would also mean another Pete win over harbaugh in the playoffs.

The only risk is that you potentially become one of those teams that has made it to the big game multiple times but never won it (buffalo, minnesota). But it would only take 1 win to make that go away.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I'm not to keen on the history books showing us 0-2 in the SB. Let the 9ers eat the hangover.

themunn

Reaction score
I don't know if I could have coped with winning 3 road games in a row then losing to the Ravens in the Superbowl. Granted they're obviously a good team to have won it... but if we can win 3 road playoff games I'd expect to win that game

I'd be devastated in fact. I've only JUST got over the Atlanta game, I can't imagine how I'd feel if we lost that one

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
themunn":3pk0h3up said:
I don't know if I could have coped with winning 3 road games in a row then losing to the Ravens in the Superbowl. Granted they're obviously a good team to have won it... but if we can win 3 road playoff games I'd expect to win that game

I'd be devastated in fact. I've only JUST got over the Atlanta game, I can't imagine how I'd feel if we lost that one

You're over the Atlanta game?????????

I have the last 31 seconds on a loop just to stay hungry....
I'll never get over the Atlanta game. (OK, maybe not NEVER)

I'd take 3-1 in the playoffs anyday over 1-1. Seeing the 'Hawks MORE....uhhh, YES PLEASE....

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":2zweg5x5 said:
themunn":2zweg5x5 said:

You're over the Atlanta game?????????

I have the last 31 seconds on a loop just to stay hungry....
I'll never get over the Atlanta game. (OK, maybe not NEVER)

I'd take 3-1 in the playoffs anyday over 1-1. Seeing the 'Hawks MORE....uhhh, YES PLEASE....

What are you staying hungry for? Keeping your head in the game? Spurring you on during your offseason preparation?

This makes me feel better because I was afraid you would get over the game and never have that edge again. Now I know who get the franchise tag this year.

two dog

Reaction score
I want the Seahawks to win every time they step on the field.

I want the 'whiners to lose every time they step on the field.

This was an easy one.

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
I'd leave it the way it ended.. although a case can be made either way. But not many teams lose the superbowl and then get back and win it the next year, or probably several years, for a reason. This way will leave the team hungrier imo.

P.S. If we would have faced baltimore, i feel we would have won. Not just in a homer way, but realistically. imo

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawk4lyfe":2vl6ejuf said:
P.S. If we would have faced baltimore, i feel we would have won. Not just in a homer way, but realistically. imo

I agre for a few reasons; and I'm not going to get into the "who's better SEA or SF" debate. Obviously I'm biased but we will have two or 3 games next season to prove that on the field.

But I read about how SF had to sacrifice quite a bit this year in terms of proven special-teamers in order to keep the players on the roster that they did. Sort of like how at the beginning of our season we were talking about how many receivers to keep and so much of that was dictated by not wanting to lose on special teams play. Overall, our ST was pretty good. I don't think they relax and let Jacoby Jones run 108 yards on them. I also don't think our secondary blows covering him on that deep pass. I also don't think we get 4 shots in the end zone and come up empty. Credit to Kaepernik - the guy is good. But I don't think he has the poise Wilson has. The way he looked on those last 4 plays reminded me of what I saw in him when was getting beat up here that sunday night - just not quite there yet, while wilson has looked 'there' since he got here.

If it's us vs. the Ravens I think it's a closer lower-scoring game that we win.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":vz5lhd9u said:
I'm not to keen on the history books showing us 0-2 in the SB. Let the 9ers eat the hangover.

I couldn't have said it better myself^. I am in college in San Francisco right now and it was funny to see everyone after they lost. I wore a plain red shirt to the bar for the SB with my Seahawks shirt under :D. Nobody said shit to me about it, but I did bust out the Seahawks shirt a few times!

sutz

Reaction score
I'd leave it the same. I normally don't bring up meaningless precedents, but I don't recall the last time a losing SB team came back and won the big game the next season. I think it hasn't happened in a long, long time......like since the 70's. I know the Dolphins did it back then, and I think maybe the Cowboys, but it hasn't happened very often at all, and not for a while.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Man, I don't know if I could survive "another" Super Bowl loss. It might kill me.

Winterfell

Reaction score
If the Seahawks didn't lose until the Super Bowl, our players wouldn't have had as much rec time and wouldn't have been able to represent us so proudly at the Pro Bowl. Our players would have lost out on a chance to network and connect with some of the best in the game.

Also, we would have risked more injuries. What if Marshawn aggravated his foot injury in the game against the 49ers? You never know, but to play an extra 2 games, have our players battle through injuries, just to still come home empty-handed wouldn't be worth it imo.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I'd rather have the better pick and go out where we did. If you don't win the SB, what does it matter? In fact the SB loser usually has a down year after tasting being so close, and then not winning.

The season after the Hawks lost the SB absolutely sucked...so did the off season.